My how the once mighty have fallen... Sickening.

You read this article and you'd swear they believe these firearms were going to come to life on their own and start massacring everybody around. I almost threw up reading the article.

And they're not finished, knives with points, long kitchen knives with points and even glass pint glasses are being outlawed.

Pussification on a grand scale.

Exactly what is being brainwashed into kids in our public schools right here in the US, "Fear The Gun!"

While the cache looks to be poorly stored due to the materials used.

But damned if the items don't look pretty good to me, if packed in enough cosmo or grease, they should be in reasonable condition. Too bad for the poor schmuck(s) that likely secreted these away back when the confiscations started.

Now they're going to be scrap.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/teenage-boy-finds-shotguns-15000-8433129

Teenage boy finds shotguns and '15,000 bullets' while playing with metal detector in wasteland near his home
Police are now looking to establish if the weapons discovered in Crumpsall have been used in previous shootings

JS54387974.jpg
Pictures of stash of guns and ammunition found by a schoolboy with his metal detector in Crumpsall

A teenage boy found a massive stash of shotguns and ammunition as he played with a metal detector near his home.

The 14-year-old boy was out hunting for scrap metal when he discovered four shotguns, a semi-automatic rifle and ‘thousands of bullets’ wrapped in black bin bags buried under wasteland off Bowker Vale Avenue in Crumpsall.

Police are currently forensically testing the weapons and ammunition to discover if they could have been used in previous shootings.

The dad of the schoolboy - who asked not to be identified for fear of reprisals - told the M.E.N of his shock after his son found the firearms along with around ‘15,000 bullets’ at around 4pm on Saturday afternoon.

He said: “There were thousands and thousands of bullets.

“My son phoned me up and said he’d found some bullets. I thought he meant old lead bullets that you can get some scrap money for.

“When I went to pick him up I couldn’t believe what was in the bags. At first I thought they were sledge hammers or baseball bats.

“I took it all home, then I saw the guns. I started panicking and just called the police. It was pretty scary.

“My son helped take those guns off the street so a gang didn’t get hold of them.”

JS54387969.jpgStash of guns and ammunition found by a schoolboy with his metal detector in Crumpsall  

Greater Manchester Police were called to the scene and immediately seized the weapons and launched an investigation.

Officers stressed the weapons had been buried for ‘some time’ and could not be used.

Detective Inspector Chris Flint said: “At this stage of our investigation, we cannot say where these guns have come from or their intended purpose.

“They have been recovered for forensic analysis and the results will play a key part in our investigation.

“It is important to stress that from our initial inquiries we’ve established the guns have been there sometime and cannot be used or reactivated.

“I therefore want to reassure people living and working in this community that there is no threat or risk to anyone from these weapons.”

Shootings in Greater Manchester have fallen 77 per cent over the last six years - from a high of 146 incidents 2007/2008 to 34 last year.

The whole buried guns thing just makes me laugh.  If you don't have the nerve to protect your rights when they come for your guns what makes you think you'll ever have the nerve to dig them up and protect your rights later.

On the matter of countries with strict gun control...

Any rational person would look at what just happened in France where guns are almost unheard of in private hands, and even the cops go unarmed, that disarming the good people doesn't work because bad people will get guns anyway.

And yet there are those even now saying that the terrorist murders in France proves we need more gun control.

How can you even respond to that?

• Like 5

Probably buried by someone after WWII.

So if invaded again atleast he could die standing and not die wishing he'd buried them.

You'd think they'd have learned from the past.

Europe is being invaded again but not with a battleplan like the Blitzkrieg.

It's a slow infectious invasion. And I'm not saying just liberal virus.

• Like 1

Probably buried by someone after WWII.

After WWII?  That's an FAL at the top so yeah, after WWII for sure.  And I'm betting a lot after WWII.  Like after 1988 when their semi-auto law was passed.

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 2

Tightly restricting dangerous items still leaves dangerous people, and great britain has plenty of those.  When people are defenseless all kinds of crazy shit takes hold.  Strong arm crimes, home invasions, and muggings become really easy when the meek have no means to fight back.  When you are not allowed to effectively defend your home, any person can come in, at any time, for any reason.  

Oh, your gonna take my money?  My tv?  My daughter?  When your outnumbered you can put up a fight, but most average people would get beaten to a pulp trying to fight back against multiple determined attackers.  Happily, this is rare in the US, and its only rare because we are still armed.  

Likewise if we were disarmed, every man, woman, and child in america will be subject to the whims of the strong, the many, and the aggressive.  Its easy to see how little our gun grabbing politicians care about us, when theres irrefutable proof that innocents will be much worse off without having the right to own and use effective deadly weapons.

This is a great doc by vice.  It follows a british debt collector, doing what he does.   It shows the vulnerability of people when faced with big, determined men.  

My first reaction to the link was that who ever did the caching botched the job and should have taken more time and better materials to insure his stash would remain good for more time under ground. Must have been a rush job, or the people had no idea what they were doing. My read.

My second thought was that GOOD! ... some family scored some needful weapons for future use for whatever need. So ... what do they do is instantly call the cops? WTF? Why would any sane person do that? Well, we are talking about the English ... once a great proud people. Not any more.

Why would they turn that good stuff over to the fuzz? Why not keep it all, clean it up and re stash it? Am I that far out of touch? Do not think so. Just me again. Also the guys who buried it first should have done a better job? Even my grandkids know better. HB of CJ (old coot)

• Like 1

It is probably a good thing I am not President (at least that is what my wife tells me). I would tell Great Britain (and every other European nation for that matter) that since you refuse to defend yourself by disarming your citizens in every form and fashion, we are going to go back to a post-revolutionary war foreign policy. When the Muslims or a resurgent Russia come knocking, (and the Muslims are already in the house), it is time to reap what you have sown.

• Like 1

On all my buried guns I use WD40 and 3 layers of newspaper.  I want to know for sure that if I ever grow a set of balls and decide to dig them up they'll be just as ready to fight as I am.

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 1

Duhh ... that plus when you decide to bury some goodies, pick a place where some kid will NOT be goofing around with a metal detector. You pick a place it is not easy to get to, nor comfy once being there. Also seed lots of little iron shit around so anybody will get real bored real quick just recovering bits of nails and stuff.

Choose the little bits and pieces of decoy iron to reflect what could have plausibly been in the area years ago. Bits of iron that do not belong in the area are a flat dead give a way. Duhh. Like just nails in a field. Basic caching 101, which is fun to teach to young people, once they get the idea that it is very important.

Thinking right now about water, food, fuel, tents, medical gear, warm clothing, etc.. I still can't believe they called the cops. How stupid can one get? Like finding gold coins or currency in a glass jar and then immediately calling the IRS? Wow!! And to imagine that 200 years ago the English were bad ass folks not to be messed with. HB of CJ (old coot)

• Like 2

Duhh ... that plus when you decide to bury some goodies, pick a place where some kid will NOT be goofing around with a metal detector. You pick a place it is not easy to get to, nor comfy once being there. Also seed lots of little iron shit around so anybody will get real bored real quick just recovering bits of nails and stuff.

Choose the little bits and pieces of decoy iron to reflect what could have plausibly been in the area years ago. Bits of iron that do not belong in the area are a flat dead give a way. Duhh. Like just nails in a field. Basic caching 101, which is fun to teach to young people, once they get the idea that it is very important.

Thinking right now about water, food, fuel, tents, medical gear, warm clothing, etc.. I still can't believe they called the cops. How stupid can one get? Like finding gold coins or currency in a glass jar and then immediately calling the IRS? Wow!! And to imagine that 200 years ago the English were bad ass folks not to be messed with. HB of CJ (old coot)

It is that thing about being "law abiding" held up like a badge of honor that makes me shake my head in wonder.