Hi all

Just in case any of you are considering a trusty old Lee Enfield .303 rifle as a future purchase here is a little something to give you an idea of its reliability.

The 2 cases below were fired in my clubs long branch (Canadian 1942) lee enfield no4 mk1* , it wasnt realised at first that the firing pin had started breaking up so there may have been more of these left on the range floor but as you can see these 2 cases have part of the firing pin embedded in their primers , each piece looks to be at least 1.5mm of pin stuck in the primer and the gun never failed to fire at all , some other cases i found from this gun had primers that had been punched through by the firing pin too , the gun in question was still firing fine when i left the range and the last time i saw it in use it was running perfectly and as far as i know the firing pin has not been replaced.

I like a rifle that can put up with some grief , guess thats why i like the AK

all the best

assassin

post-21-1082807004.jpg

Hi sk8er7point3

Thats great , an 80 year old rifle that is still in such good condition , how many modern guns like the British SA-80 for example will stand up to 80 years of use and still be in such good condition?????

none is my bet

all the best

assassin

• 2 months later...