• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok...if you shoulder the pistol, it's suddenly an sbr. If you don't it remains a pistol. So....does possessing working elbows which allow you to shoulder the gun equal constructive intent?

I agree with you on people trying to circumvent the law, but think about this for a second:  When they bought the firearm they did the whole 4473 thing.  Now, to simply add a stock, they need fingerpr

Now this brings up the question did everyone that took pics/vids of themselves using it as a shoulder stock now self indicted felons?   Aint ex post facto a bitch

Posted Images

Don't care. I plan to keep using mine.

Sig braces with a buffer tube were selling for just under 200.00

were people just so impatient they wouldn't spend the same 200.00 on a tax stamp, and have any stock they wanted?

People only got these to try to circumvent NFA laws........thats what I meant by cheating

Of course you must be aware that not all states allow SBRs, and even in some states that do, CLEO will not sign off on a form 1.

Let's talk more though about how those who purchased the brace after ATF more or less said shouldering it was OK, were somehow "cheating." Cheating who? Are you one of the stamp collectors who found somewhat slighted by the fact that others were able to skip the NFA game for quite some time?

• Like 2

were people just so impatient they wouldn't spend the same 200.00 on a tax stamp, and have any stock they wanted?

People only got these to try to circumvent NFA laws........thats what I meant by cheating

I agree with you on people trying to circumvent the law, but think about this for a second: When they bought the firearm they did the whole 4473 thing. Now, to simply add a stock, they need fingerprints, a signature from the top cop of the land, pictures, $200 more bucks, and to wait a freaking year, engrave the gun if you get permission, and then never travel out of state with it again. It's a pain in the rear and a major deterrent to even owning an NFA weapon. What probably needs to happen is instead of writing to ATF, people need to write to their congressmen and senators and ask them to please seriously look at rewriting that law to exclude short barreled rifles and shotguns because it makes no sense to classify such items as NFA weapons. Adding a stock to a pistol doesn't change the pistol in any way that makes it more lethal. It still works the same way and does the same thing when you pull the trigger. If it's about conceal ability, then make a conceal carry permit a requirement for SBR and SBS's and be done with it.

Draft the letter and post it. I'll print it and distribute it to people to send in, or even mail it for them.

"large quantity of marijuana was also located."

Ya think this may have something to do with it as well.????

OK so we eliminate the federal drug schedule as well as the NFA.  It's a two-fer.  Those are both unconstitutional as hell.

• Like 1

"large quantity of marijuana was also located."

Ya think this may have something to do with it as well.????

OK so we eliminate the federal drug schedule as well as the NFA.  It's a two-fer.  Those are both unconstitutional as hell.

Yes and Yes

Just be aware of who is around you when shooting.

This ruling only effects you hotdogs at the shooting range.laugh.png

This is VERY much how the unSafeAct affects NYers. scorn.gif

Thank God that I have a private range and pass out very, very few invites.

• Like 2

What about those who have been shouldering pistol tubes all these years?  Clearly they have "redesigned" the tube into a stock and they are criminals.

And what if I build a pistol with a stock but I strap the stock to my arm?  Haven't I "redesigned" it into a pistol brace?

And what if I never fire it, but only wear it on my head?  Haven't I "redesigned" it into a hat?

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 1

What about those who have been shouldering pistol tubes all these years?  Clearly they have "redesigned" the tube into a stock and they are criminals.

And what if I build a pistol with a stock but I strap the stock to my arm?  Haven't I "redesigned" it into a pistol brace?

Well, don't you figure how that is the way the brace was prototyped?

It's not about wait times, or cost. It's about registering your firearms.

I don't know any gun owners that support a federal firearms registry. Why is this assumed to be any different?

I strongly oppose registration for our firearms.

That said i have little fear of abiding with NFA rules.

The way I see it....if the government starts rounding up guns and gun owners...its game over anyway

Thing is they'll keep everybody in the dark about it. Just attesting people in swat style night raids, on "anonymous tips" for drugs or threats... And oh looky,we found these guns too.

Or they'll find some drug paraphernalia like scales "drug dealers commonly use ". And all the johnny law supporters will call people who don't buy it "cop bashers" and, suck it down hook line and sinker. Not an eye brow will be raised, until one day they look back and say "how did we not see that happening"

Edited by poolingmyignorance

I follow the nfa rules for convenience. I don't have to worry that some weasel worm is a ci.

I've got a suppressor and a stamp for it. I'm not about to paint a bullseye on my ass anytime soon. But am accessory isn't the same as a firearm. I'll hand over my suppressor workout too much stink..but I won't be buying any sbrs, sbs,anytime soon.

I didn't read up fully on this but I did find one bit of info in the OP that seems odd "These items are intended to improve accuracy by using the operator’s forearm to provide stable

support for the AR-type pistol" Why are they specifying the type weapon these are made for? I know there are braces for PAP pistols and such. Is this classifying them illegal for any non-AR15 style pistol now due to the lack of a buffer tube on non-AR15 style semi auto pistols? I don't know what they intend to mean from it and it really doesn't concern anyone in my state directly as they have already made any semi-auto pistols based off a rifle design illegal. Seems to me like a slippery slope though when definitions start specifying a particular weapon as the solitary example for the use of it
  • Like 1

I didn't read up fully on this but I did find one bit of info in the OP that seems odd "These items are intended to improve accuracy by using the operator’s forearm to provide stable

support for the AR-type pistol" Why are they specifying the type weapon these are made for? I know there are braces for PAP pistols and such. Is this classifying them illegal for any non-AR15 style pistol now due to the lack of a buffer tube on non-AR15 style semi auto pistols? I don't know what they intend to mean from it and it really doesn't concern anyone in my state directly as they have already made any semi-auto pistols based off a rifle design illegal. Seems to me like a slippery slope though when definitions start specifying a particular weapon as the solitary example for the use of it

Purposeful ambiguity in preparation for the "next ruling" which will take a little more freedom away....and the next....and the next.....

• Like 5

The way I see it....if the government starts rounding up guns and gun owners...its game over anyway

Thing is they'll keep everybody in the dark about it. Just attesting people in swat style night raids, on "anonymous tips" for drugs or threats... And oh looky,we found these guns too.

Or they'll find some drug paraphernalia like scales "drug dealers commonly use ". And all the johnny law supporters will call people who don't buy it "cop bashers" and, suck it down hook line and sinker. Not an eye brow will be raised, until one day they look back and say "how did we not see that happening"

A little paranoid are we?

A therapist may help 

A therapist may help 

• Like 1

A therapist may help 

Am I paranoid? Or are you in denial?

Remember when stuff like THIS: http://www.examiner.com/article/saint-louis-building-controversial-1984-real-time-camera-surveillance-system?cid=sm-facebook-011715-12.00pm-STLCameraSystem was "paranoia"? Right couldn't ever happen. Never mind. I'll go see that therapist now.

• Like 1

It's not a law, it's a ruling by an out of control agency.

What I see here is that the brace if installed with the intention to bypass their regulations is now illegal.

If you use it for what it is intended, not illegal.

Oh yeah, thanks to all the dip shits out there posting videos and photos of their pistols being shot from the shoulder. The disabled veterans who designed and benefited from this brace are really stoked about the attention you gave this handicapped device. FUCK YOU!

Here is a legal pistol you can still purchase before some fuck stain wrecks for everybody else.

http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/p716-12-psb.aspx

Well, I purchased mine for use as a pistol. My buddy has the use of only one arm and can't afford a toy pistol. So, I purchased one and he can use it. I also intend to shoot it with the Wounded Warriors when they are out here on skiing trips this winter. There are many people who wanted to shoot and have only one arm. This is what it was designed for. It is a pistol brace designed by a veteran for other veterans who want to shoot and have one good arm. Fuck everybody else who brought undue attention to this piece of fucking rubber and ruined it for people who need it to shoot pistols. It makes shooting a pistol of this size fun as hell and that's all that matters to combat wounded veterans who gave it all so fuck stains can ruin their fun.