I'd be suing the living shit out of them.

No warrant? We thought?  No longer a Country of Law & Constitution.

Two lucky SOBs to still be alive, both of them.

Edited by ChileRelleno
  • Like 3

"They made entry.  They cleared the first bedroom."  Nice jargon.  Did they see any "tangos" or "perps"?

And would you be bawling like that if the chief had shot the resident instead?

• Like 4

The sensational left wing media has picked it up, and are trying to instigate more civil unrest.

It is all over the web and growing fast.

"White survivalist shoots black police chief and is not arrested, walks free".

http://newsone.com/3082612/white-survivalist-shoots-black-police-chief-walks-free/

Edited by ChileRelleno
  • Like 3

The sensational left wing media has picked it up, and are trying to instigate more civil unrest.

It is all over the web and growing fast.

"White survivalist shoots black police chief and is not arrested, walks free".

http://newsone.com/3082612/white-survivalist-shoots-black-police-chief-walks-free/

I was just about to mention this. I told a "friend"who posted that link,"lower life forms always see color first"
  • Like 1

Had this not been a rural area.Resisting a home invasion is like signing your own death warrant. We really are in a bad situation now. Criminals copy these tactics. We also now have added the slang terms "swatting" and "swatted". I strongly suspect that is what happened in this case.

• Like 2

Had this not been a rural area.Resisting a home invasion is like signing your own death warrant. We really are in a bad situation now. Criminals copy these tactics. We also now have added the slang terms "swatting" and "swatted". I strongly suspect that is what happened in this case.

There is no doubt he was SWAT'd.

And it is extraordinary that he wasn't executed by LE for resisting with deadly force.

• Like 2

There is no doubt he was SWAT'd.

And it is extraordinary that he wasn't executed by LE for resisting with deadly force.

My guess is the absence of a warrant saved his life. 

• Like 1

Not the first, or worst, time something like this happened.  When the news reported this, I figured that, though it was a tragedy, it could have been easily avoidable and the suspect probably wouldn't be convicted.

http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/Man-Charged-With-Killing-Burleson-County-Deputy-No-Billed-by-Grand-Jury-243993261.html

• Like 1

That last line just fucking befuddleds me: "This should wake up the community that drug crimes are not victimless". When just before they stated that if not for the pot the county wouldn't have been there, the officer would still be alive, and not one person would have died from pot.

I'm sure that officer had probably put away some real bad guys in his career. It's sad that he died. But if your breaking into somebody's house,so you can steal their stuff and lock them in a cage for selling people a harmless plant that they choose to put in their own bodies,you're the criminal. Don't give me that "is the law" bullshit. Everything Hitler did was legal.

• Like 1

Even IF this guy had been the one to call in the bomb threat, they had already determined that the call was a hoax. There was no urgent situation here where somebody was in danger. The biggest red flag was that the guy used his name during the bomb threat. Now how does that not set off alarm bells that something is wrong with this picture? Why not first call the house as a "wrong number", let the person who received the threat listen to the voice and see if the voices match? Or just wait until the guy leaves his house and question him. They were just way too hasty for no good reason.

• Like 2

I half expect this kind of shit to get worse. Its time for police to start pulling their heads out of their asses and start refusing to serve unlawful orders. But then again, they'll just find another dumbass willing to do it.

• Like 1

I half expect this kind of shit to get worse. Its time for police to start pulling their heads out of their asses and start refusing to serve unlawful orders. But then again, they'll just find another dumbass willing to do it.

If you look at the number of police contacts with people, or the number of warrants and operations that happen every day.

This stuff is statistically VERY VERY rare in the overall scheme of things 

If you look at the number of police contacts with people, or the number of warrants and operations that happen every day.

But it shouldn't happen period. And this type of behavior IS on the rise, regardless of how many warrants or ops occur daily.

• Like 1

General one on one interactions, yes. I am inclined to agree with that 100%.

What irks me is the drastic increase of no knock raids conducted over the last 20 years. Some 1400%. They're conducting swat raids for all sorts of nonviolent offenders, and most often in cases where they could instead have just picked up the wanted guy in a traffic stop. (he's wanted right? All the probable cause you need)

The OPs case IS extremely rare in that, the police realized and acknowledged their error, and did not pursue charges. This was a worst case scenario with the best possible outcome. That is indeed rare.

• Like 1

The problem is that a search was made without probable cause, or a warrant. Seems they should have confirmed a few things before putting the officers in harms way. There is a reason its illegal.

That was the concept of a warrant in the first place, it was to get someone that was not locked in 'chase mode' to read the facts and make an informed and cool headed choice.. Instead in this event they got locked onto the target without ever asking if it made sense, and it almost cost someones life.

• Like 1

The rise in the cartels and the dramatic increase in violence associated with the drug trade is the driving force behind that  

Great reason to end the war on drugs: Finanically cripple cartels, restore freedoms.

Yes, there will be some additional addictions to deal with, but we can find ways to deal with that too. At least people will only be killing themselves.

• Like 2

The rise in the cartels and the dramatic increase in violence associated with the drug trade is the driving force behind that  

Great reason to end the war on drugs: Finanically cripple cartels, restore freedoms.

Yes, there will be some additional addictions to deal with, but we can find ways to deal with that too. At least people will only be killing themselves.

But you have to realize, the same things that financially cripple the cartels also cripples the local municipalities and their services.  Local govt brings in so much income by seizing property and money, they have no interest to change.

For all the harm the cartels causes to the public, it would make sense to defund them and stop them cold.  But no, we should fight them, further oppress the american people, and destroy many lives in the process.  Why?  Because cartel busts = big bucks.   Drug busts =big bucks