I may draw ire for this comment, but I am very thankful for not only the life and service provided this country by Chris Kyle, but I am also thankful for Clint Eastwood and the entire production staff for introducing him to the world. Chris Kyle is now a household name, and from the comments I have read from Chris Kyle's friends, they are also impressed with the movie and how accurate it is. That is a rarity in Hollywood.

• Like 6

I may draw ire for this comment, but I am very thankful for not only the life and service provided this country by Chris Kyle, but I am also thankful for Clint Eastwood and the entire production staff for introducing him to the world. Chris Kyle is now a household name, and from the comments I have read from Chris Kyle's friends, they are also impressed with the movie and how accurate it is. That is a rarity in Hollywood.

anyone who would disagree with your comment,      is an idiot

• Like 4

looking forward to seeing the movie.  Not to be a dick but I had a hard time getting drawn into the book.  I respect the hell out of Kyle (that's why I read his book) but I don't think they guy writing it with him did him any favors.  The book seemed to be a series of stories that sort of hung together but lacked something.  So this may be one of those rare times when the movie is better than the book.  Like I said, I have a lot of respect for the guy, and I get that he didn't write it to entertain me, but I think his ghost writer could have done a better job guiding the effort.  Hopefully Clint got it right.

Liberal's brains are melting right now because of the success of this film. They simply can't believe it.

This long and painful hate-America rant is the worst I've seen. I didn't read most of it. Just skimmed enough to get the gist.

The left hates America deeply and a fair portrayal of the US military drives them out of their delusional minds. That people love the movie makes it 10x worse.

Can't wait to see the reaction if it wins an Oscar. Of course it won't.

http://www.vox.com/2015/1/22/7859791/american-sniper-iraq

• Like 1

They are mad that Oprah's white guilt movie Selma is bombing in the midst of all the hands up don't shoot bullshit. Media keeps pushing it as the movie everyone has to see, nobody actually wants to see it. The fact that a movie about a "war criminal" (their interpretation of Kyle) is trouncing Selma is driving them fucking crazy. The fact that Americans are turning away from their false, forced protest narrative is driving them fucking crazy too. What drives them the most fucking crazy is that Americans still like their country and want to see patriotic films.

Just read this bullshit from Rolling Stone. The author throws a fit that American Sniper isn't about Bush and Cheney. Over half a decade later, it's still all about Bush.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/american-sniper-is-almost-too-dumb-to-criticize-20150121

• Like 3

More leftist hysterics.  http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/01/7-big-lies-american-sniper-is-telling-america-about-iraq-and-chris-kyle/

Funny how the "big lies" Selma is telling don't get much attention.

I'm going to see American Sniper this weekend.  I will also buy the DVD as soon as it comes out.

The funniest thing about Selma is that they had to rewrite (i.e. make up) a lot of King's speeches, because the King family wanted to charge the film makers royalty fees on MLK's words. Seriously.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/selma-director-ava-duvernay-writing-new-speeches-mlk/

So a movie being pushed as a historic piece on MLK contains largely fabricated relationships and speeches. In other words, it's fiction, but because it's backed by Oprah it must be true fiction.

Edited by mancat
  • Like 1

The funniest thing about Selma is that they had to rewrite (i.e. make up) a lot of King's speeches, because the King family wanted to charge the film makers royalty fees on MLK's words. Seriously.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/selma-director-ava-duvernay-writing-new-speeches-mlk/

So a movie being pushed as a historic piece on MLK contains largely fabricated relationships and speeches. In other words, it's fiction, but because it's backed by Oprah it must be true fiction.

pure crap.....it will never cross my vision

• Like 1

I took my FiL to see American Sniper last night, we both very much enjoyed the movie.

The movie really pulls you in many directions as it deals with so many aspects of one man's life & service.

I'd like to warn anybody going to see it, they release some sort of eye irritant into the theater at the end of the movie.

Very people walked out with dry eyes.

• Like 1

We Were Soldiers had that effect on me. Great movie, but personally difficult for me to watch. 

I saw a LOT of vets in quiet tears at that one. Yes, real men cry.

I need to see this movie.   I just saw it. Excellent movie. Very well done. 

Edited by patriot

Great movie about a great man.

Had some "urban type" people behind me giggling and farting through the movie that kind of distracted me from the movie.

I should have moved but chose to ignore them.

Then at the end of the movie, most people were silent and very moved. Some woman shouted out "We sure love war!" like

she was trying to educate the rest of us that war is bad. Almost said something back to the bitch but let it slide. After that

everybody left silently.

Too bad people see such a need to be assholes in a movie theater and can't conduct themselves in a mature manner.

Reminds me why I don't go to see many movies.

This movie was well worth seeing though, even in spite of the assholes.

Here is a great response to the fairy tales about threats against muzzies.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2015/01/26/debunked-media-claim-american-sniper-inspired-anti-muslim-threats/?utm_source=e_breitbart_com&utm_medium=email&utm_content=Breitbart+News+Roundup%2C+December+26%2C+2014&utm_campaign=20150126_m124142384_Breitbart+News+Roundup%2C+December+26%2C+2014&utm_term=maxresdefault1-640x360_jpg

Liberals have an amazing ability to believe lies and ignore reality. I don't know how they do it...

I once tried to think like a liberal. I went into convulsions and passed out. I suffered short term memory loss and dizzy spells for two weeks.

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 1