Hello

I think the Glock optics mount looks more interesting than their FCG. As much as I like my Giessele FCG's in my AR's, I've often wished I could score the uber-adjustable Red Star Arms FCG for them, at $80 a pop.

The Glock optics mount looks promising for IR laser mounting.

JMHO.....

• Like 1

IMO RSA feels better than any Giessele trigger I have tried, which is pretty good considering the ~$235 discount.

IMO Giessele's business model looks something like this

$300 (+ shipping)

15% cost of manufacturing goods sold (Higher initially before cost of tools was absorbed)

30% making enough extra and paying staff to be able to give you replacements no questions asked, and answer our dumb questions with a smile.

~30% marketing.

a little bit of shipping and inventory control cost.

The rest = mark up. And also the value given from confidence and a feeling of exclusivity.

That's fine, if you really want the product and product support. The design and materials aren't radically different from other products. While they did engineer their initial designs carefully, newer products like the 3 gun trigger are visibly small modifications to their standard trigger. (reduced engagement surface and a slight change of angle on their main trigger.) 

You are paying to have someone else sort it all out, and that is fine. Lot's of premium brands work on this model (Dillon Precision comes to mind too.) I seriously doubt that there will be any perceptible improvement of feel over the excellent RSA trigger. That's already about as good as you could really expect.

• Like 2

havent seen much of them yet, just the video. looks like a nice trigger pull without a lot of extra travel. i want to replace my g2 in my 223 and might look into these, or another tx ak trggr.

It still looked like more than double the travel of a nicely modded G2, or a well adjusted RSA.

• Like 1

i have a dinzag modded g2. its very smooth but still has more play than i like. i had been considering shims for it but a new FCG may be a better route. i would like to see a photo of these out of the rifle.

i have a dinzag modded g2. its very smooth but still has more play than i like. i had been considering shims for it but a new FCG may be a better route. i would like to see a photo of these out of the rifle.

You always have to leave play in unless you are fitting it to the gun, with the gun in hand. I would bet money that your dinzag G2 has far more takeup and overtravel than mine, or ones I have done for friends. But if I was selling them as a mail order part, (and I had all the licenses to take pay for that kind of thing) I would do just like dinzag and smooth it up, but keep the engagements and travel un-altered.

dinzag does great work, and the fcg works just as it should, but i have gotten to accustomed to my other two saiga's triggers. i am updating my 223. it was my first conversion and im just kinda bored with the set upand its too heavy also. no 223 should ever weigh 9.5 lbs. haha.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...