Not true Kalashnikov but no way they could use the name without approval.  Even if that approval is "unofficial".  I expect the quality will be good.

US made S12 can only be good news.

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 1

And another US AK. 

1moa?  Somehow I don't think so.

I loves me some AK but the design just isn't conducive to 1moa.

Yeah yeah, I know.  Somebody is going to jump in and tell me how their AK shoots 1moa.  And maybe it does.  But as I said, I don't think so.

Edited by Darth Saigus

Yeah yeah, I know.  Somebody is going to jump in and tell me how their AK shoots 1moa.  And maybe it does.  But as I said, I don't think so.

Every gun on this forum shoots sub-MOA. It's just everyone has the JPEG of their targets at their dads house with their 80k round Saiga............

• Like 2

I swear I do. I just haven't got a chance to get over there take pictures yet.

Yeah yeah, I know. Somebody is going to jump in and tell me how their AK shoots 1moa. And maybe it does. But as I said, I don't think so.

Every gun on this forum shoots sub-MOA. It's just everyone has the JPEG of their targets at their dads house with their 80k round Saiga............

Yeah yeah, I know. Somebody is going to jump in and tell me how their AK shoots 1moa. And maybe it does. But as I said, I don't think so.

I swear I do I just haven't got the chance to go over my dads house and take the pictures

• Like 3

Ok, so it's a google translation which is at best, drunken confused.

Did I read a contract signed in 1/14 will deliver 200k weapons a year for the next 5 years? If that is true, and would actually happen, I'm going to buy the fuck out of saigas and veprs for the next three years ( at non " never be available again! " Prices)

But I thought we were limited to weapons already purchased and shipped. But I also remember a thread here saying more GT was in its way in a few months...

I'm confused.

1MOA is certainly a stretch, but US-made nitrided barrel and quality ammo should be a pretty consistent shooter.

It would also be nice to see more domestic manufacturers churning out plinking-quality 7.62x39. If more US companies are entering the AK market, this can't be too far behind.

Edited by mancat

When one speaks of chrome lined barrels there has to be a distinction between those done properly and those not.

Yeah CL is difficult but its a process that was mastered generations ago. Once done right its a good barrel that will actually improve with a bit of use and last longer than the nitride. Problem is a lot of CL barrels are not done correctly.

Nitride is easier to do correctly and cheaper and that alone will drive it to the fore. That it can also be used for many parts of the rifle where chrome is not suited furthers this.

Not giving up my good Russian chrome barrels any time soon though, God willing.

• Like 2

The biggest hurdle is often the ammo. I've gotten 2 1/4" @100yards standing supported with golden tiger. Someone with hand loads could easily do better, but 1 MOA? no I don't fashion my gun out to be that, not saying its not possible to reach sub MOA, but you might be getting those results sub 100 yards...