CNN shitting pants - RWC to make Saigas in the USA

I hope it happens, but there are a lot of things in this story that do not add up. They are going to start manufacturing in the 2nd quarter of this year, but have yet to find a factory, and don't know how many people will be hired? Opening a factory, getting tooling in place, and people trained takes more than five months. If it doesn't, I won't be in line for the first rifles off the line because they are going to crap.

Sorry guys, I know this is supposed to be a happy thread, and we haven't had too many of them lately. Looking forward to seeing the new rifles, but I think we are optimistically still 18-24 months before we see them.

• Like 2

If he cant have anything to do with the mothership how is this going to be different from IO or Century US AKs? They are going to do what///use Green Mnt barrels and NDS or some other receiver? The only thing they'll have in common is the name

I wish him luck but its not going to be a Saiga or any other Eastern Kalsh,  

Edited by Arik
  • Like 1

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm not overly interested in an ak x39 etc. I am however, very interested in American s12's vepr 12's and saiga 9's

Definitely agree with you space hog. Concept to production in 6 months. Seems awfully optimistic.

Edited by fatty alcohol
  • Like 1

If he cant have anything to do with the mothership how is this going to be different from IO or Century US AKs? They are going to do what///use Green Mnt barrels and NDS or some other receiver? The only thing they'll have in common is the name

I wish him luck but its not going to be a Saiga or any other Eastern Kalsh,  

This was my first thought, and biggest concern.

I will just be happy to buy a nice auto loading shotgun AK with available parts from an American shop. My concern is a Saiga12 made here in america. Of course they wont get hammer forged and chromed barrels but it's a start. You won't hear me bitch. We make some of the best rifles in the world so after a few years of cranking them out, just like others with the ar platform, we will end up with nice shotguns and rifles.

I hope they start out with the S12. It would only make sense.

• Like 2

Wonder what they'll do if the sanctions are lifted and then Russian imports come back at a lower price than their American made rifles/shotguns. Pretty ballsy move which will hopefully work out for them and the consumer

Not trying to sound like an asshole but I have to ask. What arms EO embargo restriction blah blah has ever been lifted? Honestly I'd like to know the answer. I'm not aware of any.

And Stryker, in regard to the potential for unchromed barrels- haven't we all been looking for an excuse to get into nitriding?

• Like 2

Wonder what they'll do if the sanctions are lifted and then Russian imports come back at a lower price than their American made rifles/shotguns. Pretty ballsy move which will hopefully work out for them and the consumer

Not trying to sound like an asshole but I have to ask. What arms EO embargo restriction blah blah has ever been lifted? Honestly I'd like to know the answer. I'm not aware of any.

If BO does this Cuba thing I believe that may be the first one. Other than that, no idea. You never know though, as the pols are all crooked so if enough money comes his way from Russia BO could change his tune. Its always about the dollar

this is idiotic

#1, it's not Izhmash doing AKs, it's an American company RWC who is doing it, and they have 0 connection to actual AK birthplace:

"We are not permitted to pick up the phone and to talk to them," said Thomas McCrossin, CEO of RWC, which owns the Kalashnikov USA brand. "We were forced to stop doing business with them because of the sanctions."

There is no real link, they can not bring consultants from Izzy, they can not use any of their tech know how or processes. What is the f-ing point? This is basically a new company trying to make AKs.

#2, ugh , copyrights

RWC, based in Tullytown, Pa., has the rights to the AK-47 Kalashnikov brand of guns, which has been produced in the Soviet Union after World War II.

Before you capitalists jump onto this, AK-47 is in public domain. Soviet Union did not have a concept of intellectual property or copyright. Today, new Russian capitalists are trying to cash in on shit that no one actually owns, i.e. Soviet era cartoons, books, scientific works. They are full of shit and they can FOAD before I pay them a fucking copeck.

I don't know what RWC has paid to AK concern if anything for the "rights" but I openly piss on their "ownership"