XD MOD2 3.3″ Sub-Compact Model 45ACP

Anyone see this yet?  Says coming soon.

next45_zps9a270ae2.jpg

Was planning on picking up a XDM 3.8 compact 45 next.  Now I'm thinking different.  The sub compact 45 is only .5" longer than my XD9SC.

Edited by NM0

I wondered why no 45SC too. Considered an XDS45.  Shot it well but the thin grip seemed to want to fly around in my hand.  Looking forward to the SC coming out.  Do like the 9 + 1 and extra 13rd capacity similar to the XDM 3.8.

Edited by NM0
  • 1 month later...

They are out now.  Been reading reviews on other forums.  None bad so far.

Have found it online shipped for 500ish.  Asked my FFL to see what kind of price they can come up with.  Really looking like this will be my next pistol purchase.

Anyone see it in person yet?

I found it a little awkward. Even getting past the "Grip Zone" goofiness like a billboard on the grip, it was a little too much like holding a water bottle. Too round, too wide, just awkward for such a small pistol. I compared it side by side to an XDS and was making verbal notes to myself about the slide and grip width when the genious sales guy said "well you'll never know the difference carrying them" yeah... I think I would.

Yes there is a difference between single and double stack.  My MK9 disappears compared to the XD9SC.  The logo doesn't bug me.  Having it not fit my hand would.  Appreciate your perspective.

Edited by NM0

Well, XDs in 45 has become my casual CC weapon over the last year. Wear cargo pants or shorts. Got a sticky type slide in holster. Goes in leg cargo pocket. Never would know it's there, and always easy access, even while driving. When on duty, it's still there as a backup. Have small hands, just fits/natural.

Edited by Ruffian72
  • Like 2

Picked up the XD45SC last night.  Cleaned all the Croatian crude out of it this morning and took a few snap shots. 

It's a nice size pistol that fits my hand well.  Little shorter barrel than the service size 45 and a little longer than the 9SC.  Width wise it feels like our other XD's.  The "grip zone" isn't that noticeable until you put the extended mag in (finger notches are more noticeable then).

3XD_zpsqkxks9ub.jpg

2XD45_zpswtu8d7xt.jpg

2XD45_9SC_zpsukzh4p5o.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone has their own hand fit/size/brand preference. Size wise, single stack XDs 3.3, XDm 3.8, Glock 29/30. Regular mags, not extended.Width/bulk is about same in XDm and Glock. XDs is single stack, so width is really noticed, XD's s or m in 3.8 and glock 29/30 length same, XDs in 3.3 about inch shorter. Grip length same in all. XD's use the duel recoil spring, (as most sub compacts do now). Added this to my second gen Glock 29 years ago. Firing 2 identical pistols side beside, quickly realize difference in recoil and 2nd shot response. Only reason for not picking up XDm 3.8. Was no gain from Glock 29 in bulk, and XDs 3.3 is less bulk and length of either. Function and dependability, no issue in any of these. Local shop had XDm 3.8 and Glock 30 within $25 of each other. XDs 3.3 or 3.8 $75 cheaper. Yet there is a special on XDs now. Since I'm a weapons addict, probably will some day. All work well as a cargo pant pocket pistol, yet due to width, length. XDs seems to fall in to size of smaller caliber pistols for inner coat or front pocket carry.

• Like 1