Saiga 12 Gas Setting 1

Ok I have a Saiga 12 all converted, runs cheap federal 100 round box stuff great on setting 1 on the gas plug.

My concern is that when I shoot high brass 2 3/4" stuff on the same setting that it might be overgassing the gun. I haven't found any evidence whatsoever of this happening, and I bought it used from someone that only shot high brass stuff in it. No denting no peening nothing on it at all. Should I count myself lucky or am I most likely just on the edge of pounding the snot out of things on setting one?

I am tempted to leave well enough alone, but wanted to go with a hands free adjustable gas plug just for the peace of mind down the road. Thinking an autoplug because it definitely isn't overgassed and I don't want to add like a v plug and then need to adjust between high and low brass.

I couldn't resist tinkering around and ordered an auto plug. Might be protection I don't need or might even make things worse, time will tell. If nothing else its an excuse to go to the range this weekend.

For what its worth I can't run Winchester bulk only federal, goal would be to run both.

Sounds like your plug got labled backwards!  You shouldn't be able to run Fed bulk pack on the #1 setting.  Try the bulk on #2 setting, if it doesn't work there, but 2 3/4" slug and buckshot will, then it got labled backwards.  If bulk is running on both settings, you're gun is overgassed, and will breach flash on 2 3/4"  1 1/4 oz loads.  The breach flash means your gun is opening the bolt too soon.  Continue that, and you will pound the hell out of the cam channel on the carrier, the cam lug on the bolt, and also mushroom the tang on the rear of the carrier.

Winchester is poop. Can be made to run but it's a shape issue as well as a low dram issue. It has a bulge in the lazy crimp at the top that will cause lots of failure to feed issues. The auto plug should be perfect for you gun as it will only relieve excess gas on the high brass stuff.