This thread is about music I like. What matters about this thread is that I like the music posted here. 

You are encouraged to post music here too. If I like it, your post gets three gold stars and a "thumbs up". If I don't like it, no hard feelings, it doesn't stay posted, and I won't shame you.

I you post something I like here, and I already REALLY like if but haven't posted it, you get four gold stars, and a "like".

If you post music that I like even better than music that I already posted links to, you will get FIVE gold stars. If you don't find something I like, don't be discouraged. It's hard to find music that I like.

Genre is not important: 

Music I like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmkGYpS7ETg&spfreload=10

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like it. Four stars **** !  Mike

https://youtu.be/grJlpuMvFms   Five stars for lyrics alone (with one deduction for wardrobe). Four Stars **** !  Mike     ...agreed. His wardrobe choices have greatly matured since those days.  

And before I got so conveniently interrupted yesterday...     Radio edit.  Beeped out "dick" and "blow" in the song.   I know Amy is not everyone's cup of tea.  I wonder if she portended her

Posted Images

Stairway To Heaven gets FOUR STARS!!

Right Where it belongs, gets FIVE STARS!!!

W8lifter out ahead.

Flaco Jimenez: 

Flaco sympathizers:

• Like 1

Sorry, Mike...

(Gotta find the bottom as we have a couple 5 star..)

You found the bottom, Juggs. Man! That absolutely sucks!!!

I'm leaving it up - precisely because it IS so bad.

Reminds me of a Chinese nightclub/whorehouse in Chengdu where the hookers dressed up like Banana Girls, and danced to "Ghost Riders".

Seriously weird, and disturbing.  

Minus -5 stars (will not count toward or against total points as this was posted humorously). 

ETA, 05-03-15: Just watched it again, and this is a seriously fucked up video. I'm trying to wrap my mind around who thinks up shit like this...

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Here's another one I love. Five and a half stars, and them some.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jkx68VTJ33o

Prize not posted yet, but ya'll better get to posting some kick ass music (that I like), or I'll keep it for myself. SWEET!!!

One more entry

Love Lyle Lovett. Sorta the Springsteen of the West, and a Texas boy. Hard to do better than that.

Right now, you're ahead Dave. Four stars **** for this one. 

Quality matters, and quantity does too.

Mike

• Like 1

How about some great 80s rock: Eye of the Tiger by Survivor. I like that era of rock, despite being from the younger generation. Great synth and riffs.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=btPJPFnesV4&itct=CBUQpDAYBSITCJm82ruXkMUCFdREagodAAwAQjIHcmVsYXRlZEiHxoOjxp7H-wo%3D

Hell yes. Five ***** stars. I like it. Post more I like, and get more points. Most stars wins.

Mike

• Like 1

Two songs that my dad used to play his guitar and sing when I was young. Idelibly imprinted on my mind.

Rocky Top by the Osborne Brothers

Five stars for "Rocky Top"****.... I once knew a gal who could rock that song and me too.. but I digress.

Turn The Page by Bob Seger

Seeger gets honorary mention, and an honorary three and a half stars, but I have to limit point awards to one post, and Rocky Top gets my vote on this one.

Thanks for posting, Heartbreaker!

Mike

• Like 2

Jeesus, almost embarassed to admit this (since "Justice" was the last really good album they put out, IMHO), but they did a pretty good cover here:

I think it was the Seger video that made me think of this.  Their cover video of "Turn The Page" wasn't all that shabby either. 032.gif

Damn! Thanks for sharing this one with us, Gaddis. Five Stars *****

Mike

• Like 1

I Won't Back Down by Tom Petty and the...well you know tongue.png

Moving In Stereo by The CARS

I swear, ya'll are just dialed in!!! Love it. Keep it coming. Looks like I'm going to have to figure out how to give out a bunch of prizes...

Mike

ETA: "Won't back down"  gets a By God Five***** Stars. This song would make a great theme for a presidential candidate (just sayin'). "Moving in Stereo" gets honorable mention. I had the 8 track smile.png

Thanks for posting, Heartbreaker.

Mike

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

saw this on a random FB post.. thought it was neat.. home made instruments. mankin' his own music...  Anyhoo..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9UQez009Cw

Damn! Good one, Juggs. This guy is just plain awesome. What a great sound! The visual is amazing too. If he had an album I'd buy it.

Five Stars *****

Mike

ETA: Paul Simon owed his resurgence directly to the African sound he adopted, and cultivated.

I spent some time in Africa in the 80's. Native music there is joyful, rhythmic and downright addictive. I sincerely hope it breaks through to the US market.

Love this video!