Ak Monty

Good: Suppressor ready...also gives me a reason to get a 45 suppressor!!

Bad:  Not too bad...$1,105.00 shipped.  Yes, thats a lot for a pistol considering I could get a VEPR for less.

Otherwise:  I have plenty of other pistols to choose from if I am in need of magazines.

THANKS!!

I've owned a few H&K pistols - my experience was that the standard single/double trigger was really nice, and had a pleasant, fairly short travel. The LEM trigger is utter shit - ridiculously long pull and long reset.

The recoil is very controllable thanks to to the dual-spring system, which also makes them ridiculously easy to rack, since the stiffer spring doesn't engage until the very end of the ejection cycle. Reliability, accuracy, and quality are all fantastic. The only cons I see are the excessive cost of magazines and other accessories, the proprietary rail system that limits you to H&K products unless you buy a fairly bulky adapter, and the relative lack of aftermarket support.

Theres little aftermarket support because its an H&K. It doesn't need it

Seriously though, I have two USPs love them both. That damn proprietary rail sucks. Mags can sometimes be found police used on a particular H&K parts site.(not sure I can post the link to their site.) My next purchase is going to be a Mark23.

• Like 1

Back in sept. of 2012, lost my USP .45 in a fire. I think that I paid around 700.00 for it new. Nearly fell over when I was looking for a replacement. I replaced it with an FNX .45, stainless slide

, three 15rd mags all new for 830.00. I have been really pleased with it. Like the HK it has a two sided mag release, and ambi. safety / decocker. Still, I like HK and carry a P2000 in .357 SIG. The price is alright. If there will not be any economic pain. I say buy it.

• Like 1

As a general rule HK are top notch. Before they changed their website they had a list of how the guns were designed and tested. The 45 can stand up to 45 super with spring replacement and they were tested with blocked barrels, A bullet would be inserted into the barrel and the gun fired. The test gun unblocked the barrel and still fired the full magazine without serious damage. The new HK45 are rated for 90K rounds before having to have any major replacements.

They are good, tough guns. Not cheap but you do get what you pay for. Mags are UBER expansive!

I have 3 and I find the LEO trigger to be the best. Despite the long pull its very light and fast. My USP40 has the none LEO trigger and while its a shorter pull the trigger is like 12lbs

• Like 2

HK's are at the top of the heap, everything else is second best.  I own both the HK 45 and 45c for the wife.  Switched mine out to the LEM trigger and love it.  No clue where the last comments on the LEM as being bad came from.  It certainly improves the already great trigger.  The only reason I can imagine the last guy would think the LEM trigger was bad was if he had little to no trigger control when firing the weapon, i.e. completely releasing the trigger and not releasing only to the reset.  You can't go wrong with the best.

• Like 2

That's not a bad price. Generally I can get the USP45 Police trade for around $550 but that's only with one or two mags. Each of those mags is like $65 + the threaded barrel along with the sights. Not bad! Enjoy!!!

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

operator as fuck, lolz...

been seeing some hk show up at gunshows, with threaded barrels for reasonable prices... under 700? i kinda gave up on em along time ago, kinda like colt abandoning the consumer market theory, too high priced, too shy on "quality" (long triggers?) and too many models to keep track of... imho