Apparently the new proposed budget has money for free community college. Anyone else think it's to educate the newly assimilated illegals? Can't be for the poor because they can get all the grants they need.

I know many that wont take gov assistance but think the latest freebies are great, even if they wont use them.  I pose the ? to them about who is paying for this? and also who payed for you college as well as do you feel that you should pay for someone elses schooling as well as yours?

I also want to know who's going to reimburse me for my degree, and who will pay for my wife to finish. No one but me. There is no help for those who help themselves and are responsible. I bust my ass, as I'm sure all of the rest of us do on this forum, for everything I have.

Hey sneak, what state do you live in?

I'm in illinios. Cook county ( barely). Rahm Emmanuel just passed something for Chicago saying if you passed high school with a b average you can get free community college. I don't know much yet and I was planning on starting a thread in a little while when I had more info but it seems you beat me to it. What do you know?

We do have our share of illegals. Most of them seem to want to work, not go to school

I agree Fatty. From what I see, we have a ton of low income in Gary, Hammond, east Chicago, etc. I don't see a huge desire for them to go to college. But I've been surprised before. They haven't mentioned the Star program as much as raising minimum wage for Illinois. QUINN just got the boot, so who knows.

Why don't they just Federalize the colleges and pay the professors minimum wage, Marxist-Style?

A marketing ploy for the Democratic Party and a notch in Hussein's gun-belt.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Edited by Sim_Player
  • Like 1

Its all Free...

If you just take and NEVER work ...

G O B,

Its just amazing to me, redistribution of wealth and calling it free...

Couple weeks ago I was standing outside a Giant Eagle store here in Pa, smoking a butt, when a public transportation bus rolled up

and the sorry sons of bitches standing at the bus stop getting on, others running their sorry asses from the store about falling down trying to get to the bus. Felt like telling them all to go Fuck themselves, including the bus driver.

Here in Pa the state gas tax is $0.60 a gal, pay for roads and bridges, more of the tax goes to public transportation, subsidize these losers ride, pays the bus drivers high wage, his/hers pension and Free healthcare...

I drive 48 miles one way to get to work, 500 miles in a 5day work wk, been doing it for 29.5 yrs, never received a free inspection, no free brake job, no free tires, not even a free bus ride...!!!!

I take my reps and sen to task when I see/call them.... Fuck them too..

• Like 1

Its all Free...

If you just take and NEVER work ...

G O B,

Its just amazing to me, redistribution of wealth and calling it free...

Couple weeks ago I was standing outside a Giant Eagle store here in Pa, smoking a butt, when a public transportation bus rolled up

and the sorry sons of bitches standing at the bus stop getting on, others running their sorry asses from the store about falling down trying to get to the bus. Felt like telling them all to go Fuck themselves, including the bus driver.

Here in Pa the state gas tax is $0.60 a gal, pay for roads and bridges, more of the tax goes to public transportation, subsidize these losers ride, pays the bus drivers high wage, his/hers pension and Free healthcare...

I drive 48 miles one way to get to work, 500 miles in a 5day work wk, been doing it for 29.5 yrs, never received a free inspection, no free brake job, no free tires, not even a free bus ride...!!!!

I take my reps and sen to task when I see/call them.... Fuck them too..

Ive seen this too.  When I heard that some 20yrold girl was getting free rides to the store, to the salon, and to the methadone clinic, I was kinda pissed.  Shouldnt we all get back according to what we put in?  Ive been working my ass off for the last ten years and if I run out of money for gas, food, or tires, what do I get?  A big 'fuck you' is all I get, 'shoulda been smarter mutherfucker'.

But thats the only way you learn how to be responsible.

On free community college, I wouldnt care if I knew these people were learning a trade or getting a business degree, something that will actually help their future and help give back to the community and country as a whole.  But I have a feeling general studies, psychology, and other useless wastes of majors will be equally funded.

Edited by Boomsick42

I worked 55 hours a week, paid my way through college one semester at a time, graduated debt free.  It can be done if you just bust your ass.  Anyone that says it can't is being disingeuous.

If this goes through, am I going to get 2 years of tuition refunded to me?  This is just another snatch and grab operation to redistribute wealth.