Should almost go post this over on the 1911 forum for all the Glock hating fags over there who abhor firearms that don't come equipped with a manual safety on them. rolleyes.gif

Edited by Gaddis

I for one think it was handled just right, unless they were under "not to make any noise orders". A slight rap to the chops ... then it is all over and done with. Under some conditions it might even have been a slight demonstration of "love and affection" between the guy in charge and the other guys? How many of us got such treatment? Oh yeah. Did we deserve it? Oh yeah! HB of CJ (old coot)

Always one private can't keep his dick skinners off the noise button.  Only weapon faux pas I had (muzzle swept a DI's feet, never did that again, but shit I was a 17 year old stupid private) he whipped off my battle buddy's kevlar, and straight knocked me right over the top of the head with it.  Learned my lesson REAL quick.

I need to save the video as a response to all the people who say "the Russian military doesn't even use the safety and they never have problems, so I don't need to either."

I get that as a response on my video about adding a finger tab on an occasional basis. Obviously your finger is your primary safety, but the mechanical one is good to use too on anything that doesn't live in a holster. It keeps you from being one of those guys whose slinged rifle snags the trigger on his clothes or something and shoots his own shin to splinters.

• Like 1

I need to save the video as a response to all the people who say "the Russian military doesn't even use the safety and they never have problems, so I don't need to either."

I get that as a response on my video about adding a finger tab on an occasional basis. Obviously your finger is your primary safety, but the mechanical one is good to use too on anything that doesn't live in a holster. It keeps you from being one of those guys whose slinged rifle snags the trigger on his clothes or something and shoots his own shin to splinters.

I usually just don't carry a rifle with a round in the chamber. Thankfully, I've never spent any time in a combat zone or had a real reason to carry a long gun with a round in the chamber. I've sometimes carried an S12 with a round in the chamber and the safety on - but I prefer to carry with a full mag, and a Russian steel shell as the first round so it doesn't deform.

Edited by Shandlanos

I usually just don't carry a rifle with a round in the chamber. Thankfully, I've never spent any time in a combat zone or had a real reason to carry a long gun with a round in the chamber. I've sometimes carried an S12 with a round in the chamber and the safety on - but I prefer to carry with a full mag, and a Russian steel shell as the first round so it doesn't deform.

I don't carry them as such either. I have worked jobs where we kept guns easy to hand for pest control. I have seen enough people get sloppy at the range and make mistakes.violating basic safety rules that I don't trust anyone's confident assertion that they have flawless trigger finger discipline. Military guys (& their kids) are often offenders here. There is a particular kind of arrogance that... Well I will shut up, but you've all experienced it. It's one thing to be training for active maneuvers where you are inevitably going to sweep each other for a real reason. It's quite another to assume you may sweep people all the time without reason, or not use your safety. I realize that is mixing a couple problems, but from my personal experience, a person who does one tends to do the other, and use the same bad justification for both. (or assert that it never happened.)

I keep the chambers empty on ALL my guns until I'm ready to fire.

A combat zone (or crime ridden areas) could mandate different procedures (loaded but, safety on).

That guy looks like a typical young stupid kid, in need of correction.

Edited by Sim_Player
  • Like 2