• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Embrace the suck!

Screw you guys and your Southern exposures.... 15 and light snow. Time to go on a hike up a Mountain....   Panoramic view from the top

Don't start.   The Nation lost that war. States LOST Rights the fed .gov took for itself.   WHERE you live says NOTHING about your character.

Posted Images

Akastormi, is that Bald mt in New Russia?

I found some pics and now I'm thinking not. Where you hiking?

Yup Yup Siminov, Bald Mountain. North of Old Forge NY... Looking down over the chain lakes, that 4th on the left, to 7th on the right.

• Like 3

This morning @ 930 had 26, by noon we received 10 inches of new snow, after cutting some wood, jumped on deere plowed the drive, drove up to the neighbor's to plow their drive, and the wind was blowing so hard sitting in his drive I could not see his house from 125ft away, neighbors house sits on a hill south of the road, has a 500 acre field on the north side, wind snow just whipping across, like the summit of Mt Everest I called and told him. 

Told the wife I need a new/used compact 4x4 tractor with heated cab, she said when I retire maybe.

Thermometer printing 11.8 

Edited by SmilinEd

6 with a wind chill of -28 this morning. 

The wind has been slapping my house around like a red headed stepchild. Maybe I'll get new siding and roofing out of this....

I went out to the garage to start up the heat so I could do some work out there. It was 30 in the garage and it felt pretty warm when I opened the door and stepped in. The metal door knob sucked all the heat right out of my hand. At least it didn't stick.

I've got a heat pump with backup resistive elements. It's keeping up so far......

Global warming my ass! 

HEY AlGore:  KISS MY ASS!

• Like 1

-9 with a windchill of -25 in Western PA.

-13.7 clear skies, N/W Pa. cannot wait for mud season.

New season wicked tuna starts at 9, Yeah Baby, Yeah...!!!!!!!haha.gifhaha.gif

Just about the same here, then got a bit colder through the night. 9:35 AM and it's still -1°. It's still a bit breezy, too. My snow drifts are still waiting for me to move them. I'm a whole lot closer to Whiteface than PA. It's seriously fucking cold!

post-23857-0-93057000-1424097537_thumb.jpg

Edited by YOT
  • Like 2

Just walking about 80 yards outside this morning caused me to have to send a search party out for my nuts, and I had a cock like a newborn when I came back inside!

I thought I was going to have to go through puberty all over again!

...I know...TMI.

Since then I've warmed back up and all is well.

Ended up with an overnight low of -21.5, no wind to speak of thank God.! Cannot push snow any higher, running the snow blower here on out. Yesterday was the coldest day of the 14-15 winter in my neck of the woods. Heard the trees popping last nite too

-27 with windchill at -70 is crazy cold, I didn't go to work today, to damn cold.

We hit a high of 8 yesterday. I worked up a good sweat raking snow off my roof and blowing it out of the way. Broke the roof rake. Today I'll fix that and then more of the same. At least it's supposed to get into the teens today.

I'm thoroughly enjoying not having a real winter here. It's been like spring without the rain. If this is global warming, I want more.

Me too. High of 70 yesterday, rose bushes are sprouting, daffodils coming up. Out in woods with my boys in T-shirts four weekends in a row. Spring time in January - February.

We actually had a light frost this morning for the first time since November.

Most mild winter I've ever seen in western Oregon.

• Like 3

The low temps tonight will be bumping right up against the sunday night lows. +0.5 right now.

Within the next 10 days we have one day that the temps in my backyard will reach over 32 then back down, all the way to the 1st of March, I've been wasting time noodling the in like a lion out like a lamb scenario, if march comes in with below freezing temps w/o a storm is that a lamb or a lion...???

Unlike many areas in the North East United States, N/W Pa has the uniqueness of not only being pelted with cold temps but we have experienced some asteroid activity too.

I do not believe I would have the strength to hold myself back from bitch-slapping some stupid MoFo that wanted to justify climate change.

Ted Cruz to be the chairman of the Subcommittee on Space, Science, and Competitiveness, could not wrap my head around this for sometime but, if he is going to win the war against the Global Warming/ Climate Change Hoax, he will need evidence. NASA has said recently Solar activity has more of an effect with the earths temps than many would like to consider.

Many universities have for a long long time have been selling this climate change hoax with degrees, lying to their students and stealing their/parents money. To make matters even worse is the fact that all of these universities have had their hands in D.C. pockets stealing tax dollars to push forward this Hoax.

9:30  -12 degrees

Edited by SmilinEd
  • Like 1

NASA has said recently Solar activity has more of an effect with the earths temps than many would like to consider.

haha.gif haha.gif haha.gif haha.gif haha.gif  No shit, it does really? Oh fuck man, it's in the down cycle for the next century. Better get that bill ready for snow and glacier taxes! amazing.gif