I'm looking to buy a 9mm for mostly range plinking and to replace the 40f in the dresser drawer.  I really like the ergonomics of the CZ 75 series.  I have handled a few but never had any range time with one.

I have read some pretty good reviews on a few of the CZ clones as well.  

I'm looking for some real world feedback on how the clones compare to a factory CZ.  I'm not opposed to spending the extra couple hundred for an original if they are the superior gun.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated, I trust the opinions given on here more than any magazine or other site.

Any other recommendations for any good all steel 9 would be great too. $5-600ish is about the max I'm looking to spend.  Less would be even better and not opposed to milsurp or used.

I've had my hands on plenty of the EAA guns at Cabela's, but I don't think I've ever fired one. I've fired a few CZ75 pistols, and a few of the old IWI "baby eagles" in 9mm and .40 - might've also fired one in .45, just can't remember. Every one I've fired has performed reliably. I like most of the ergonomics - I'm not too big a fan of how little space there is to grab the slide to rack the pistol. Because the slide runs on internal rails instead of external rails, it's relatively slim and presents a fairly small surface area above the frame. The slide serrations are aggressive enough that you can still get a decent grip - it's just not my preference. Aftermarket magazines are readily available, in both factory capacities and extended capacities, at least in 9mm. The original Czech guns, and the old Israeli clones, always seem to be accurate, reliable and well-machined.

• Like 1

I wasn't impressed with the EAA Witness. It felt very heavy and clunky, and the general finish was crude. It reminded me of AMT pistols.

Every time I pick up an actual CZ product, it feels sleek and flawlessly made to fit and feel nice and crisp. The witness did not feel like that. That's all very subjective, but there's my $ .0002 CDN.

I would rather have a used CZ 75 variant than a new EAA.

• Like 2

I have, love, and would not give up ANY of my EAA witness pistols. I currently have the steel 9mm, 10mm, and .45. They all shoot great and are very accurate. They are great for what they are basic FULL size pistols. The finish and trigger s is what you would expect from a military contract pistol. Nothing spectacular but easily to customize.  I also have the longslide Hunter Models in both 10mm and .45. With those the finish is better and the triggers are lighter out of the box.

I have no complaints at all and as soon as I can find agood deal in one I plan on picking up one in .38 Super.

The only complaint I have is lack of aftermarket accessories (holsters, grips, and sights).  EAA Custom shop and Henning Custom is the only places I have really found such.  Some CZ parts are interchangeable but most need modification.

I have no experience with the polymer models.

• Like 1

An old IWI Baby Eagle in 9mm was my first handgun. 

BE9.jpg

My dad picked it up in early 90's before AWB stuff happened.  It's a great full size handgun.  No issues with it ever.  The wife loves it because she shoots it so well.  We used it for our basic handgun safety class.  Another couple in the class had a newer version of the BE.  It felt good and shot just like the older version.

I would like to pick up a CZ eventually.

• Like 3

I recently picked up a baby eagle full size in 9mm. I tried the gun while shopping for another .45 and loved it so much I added a 9mm to the collection, and I was pretty set on keeping caliber coma laity with most of the other guns in the house. I had tried a cz75 I rented on a few recommendations as well and didn't like the feel as much as I did the Baby Eagle. IWI is going to resume importation themselves now, rather then coming through magnum research and they're bringign in the frame safety models. I got it from my local for 630 ish out the door, but did get some prices almost 100 lower but wanted to give my preferred range the business.

The only thing I can complain about is I did get an iwi for it, but don't think I stand a chance in concealing it without an overshirt or jacket, but that's not what I bought it for. Ymmv

.post-47832-0-43676500-1423433256_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

I recently picked up a baby eagle full size in 9mm. I tried the gun while shopping for another .45 and loved it so much I added a 9mm to the collection, and I was pretty set on keeping caliber coma laity with most of the other guns in the house. I had tried a cz75 I rented on a few recommendations as well and didn't like the feel as much as I did the Baby Eagle. IWI is going to resume importation themselves now, rather then coming through magnum research and they're bringign in the frame safety models. I got it from my local for 630 ish out the door, but did get some prices almost 100 lower but wanted to give my preferred range the business.

The only thing I can complain about is I did get an iwi for it, but don't think I stand a chance in concealing it without an overshirt or jacket, but that's not what I bought it for. Ymmv

.attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I'd love to see a source on that. Last I saw, Magnum research was making full-size Desert Eagles here in the US (with obvious machining marks and poor fit and finish compared to the Israeli guns), and selling some polymer-framed piece of shit as the baby desert eagle.

I'd love to see genuine IWI handguns again.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014/12/18/iwi-us-announces-return-jericho-941/

A press release from IWI US confirms that the Israeli Jericho 941 pistol will be returning to the US market in 2015.

These pistols, based off the Cz75 design, have been imported by other companies in the past under the Baby Eagle and Uzi Eagle name, but the original Israeli pistol has always been a Jericho 941.

Notably: IWI US has selected the frame mount safety for use in their pistols, addressing one of the most common critiques.

They’ll be producing 9mm, 40S&W and 45 APC variants in full-size and compact, with both steel and polymer frames.

the K-100 will kick the ever loving piss out of the CZ75 but nobody will pay attention to them before a name change and a huge "XD marketing campaign" with hot chicks and lots of tactical music.

If you like the CZ75, why not just get a police service pistol? They have lots of used CZ75's that were imported from europe. Trust me, they are handled a bunch with not one fuck given... but, the barrels are almost new from not being fired more than a dozen times... smile.png

https://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm?item_id=100000269

Edited by Stryker0946

Here is a very rare odd ball nobody knows about... This is a Swiss made CZ75.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=466828954

Cool! I sent that link to a buddy who loves Czech and Swiss stuff. You never know, if he snags it I might get to check that pistol out in person!

• Like 1

Thanks for all the feedback.  I ended up purchasing a used CZ75 at a decent price  Gun is in like new condition.  Figured why not get an original tried and true version. 

I handled a couple Beretta 92f's for the first time while I was there too.  I was surprised at how clunky they felt to me.  Did not like at all.

Can't wait to get the CZ to the range!

• Like 3

the K-100 will kick the ever loving piss out of the CZ75 but nobody will pay attention to them before a name change and a huge "XD marketing campaign" with hot chicks and lots of tactical music.

If you like the CZ75, why not just get a police service pistol? They have lots of used CZ75's that were imported from europe. Trust me, they are handled a bunch with not one fuck given... but, the barrels are almost new from not being fired more than a dozen times... smile.png

https://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm?item_id=100000269

i have one, the trigger is awesome but i seem to get soe trigger bite. so i am tryin to sell

http://www.armslist.com/posts/3999039/oklahoma-city-oklahoma-handguns-for-sale-trade--sti-gp6

linky mainly for pics/rep/cred not trying to jack and pimp my shizz.

i really like the EAA Sarsilmaz guns. they have that 45 auto htat holds 14 rds instead of only 10 in the 97b.  really nice fit and finish....