I just got a brand new CZ P-07 9mm and finally got to take it for a spin. I got through the first few rounds fine,then click. (huh?) I turn the pistol sideways and what do I see? Why yes,a lovely stovepipe. It would do it every 3 or 4 rounds thereafter. Also got a couple double feeds. Needless to say I am PISSED. I guess I just thought it would run like a top right out of the box. Oh well, so much for that,huh?

The pistol is completely stock, no upgrades or mods. I did swap the mag release to the opposite side of the frame to accommodate a lefty like myself, but I don't see how that would cause the aforementioned issues.The ammo is 115 gr. Blazer Brass and PMC, does it with both of them. I did clean and lube the pistol beforehand.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.     

Return it! Buy a Grand Power!

Sorry to hear that your new pistol is messed up. I know the feeling!

It looks like people are using Mec-Gar magazines to fix a lot of feeding problems associated with that pistol. Mec-Gar is, I think, an italian mfg. of magazines for dozens of big firearm companies. I have them in a keltec pistol but they were factory issued.

The shop that sold it should take care of you. The CZ-USA guys will as well. I'd start with the seller.

Edited by Stryker0946

Yeah, I am seriously disappointed to say the least. A CZ is about the last thing I would expect to have issues with. From what I've heard/read, they are supposed to be ultra reliable. With the few pistols that I've owned, I'm pretty sure that they all ran right out of the box, even surplus ones.   

How many different magazines have you used?  Bad mags are usually more often the culprit than the gun.  Also, you said you cleaned and lube it... I would strip off all the lube and run it dry to see how it performs.  With handguns and lube usually less is more.  If it's neither of those it could be any number of issue with the extractor and spring, ejector, recoil spring tension or out of spec slide/frame... all issues best left to the manufacturer warranty.

How many different magazines have you used?  Bad mags are usually more often the culprit than the gun.  Also, you said you cleaned and lube it... I would strip off all the lube and run it dry to see how it performs.  With handguns and lube usually less is more.  If it's neither of those it could be any number of issue with the extractor and spring, ejector, recoil spring tension or out of spec slide/frame... all issues best left to the manufacturer warranty.

Just the 2 factory mags. One thing I did I notice about this pistol is that the recoil spring is very stiff compared to something like a Glock. Maybe that's normal for a CZ, I don't know, this is the first one I've ever owned. I think I read something about locking the slide back for a couple days on a new gun with a stiff spring to take some of the tension off of it. I might also try some heavier grain ammo to see if that helps. At any rate, I'm going to give CZ a call tomorrow and see what they have to say.

Sad to hear this. I own one and liked it so much I purchased one for my oldest daughter. Have not experienced any trouble. Maybe now that these have been on the market awhile CZ is getting careless. I hope that I'm wrong. I have been eying the PO9. I will be really interested in the correction and cause of these failures.

Sad to hear this. I own one and liked it so much I purchased one for my oldest daughter. Have not experienced any trouble. Maybe now that these have been on the market awhile CZ is getting careless. I hope that I'm wrong. I have been eying the PO9. I will be really interested in the correction and cause of these failures.

Reading your post as well as several others on different forums and youtube, I'm starting to think it might be user error on my part. Like some little knit-picking thing I'm not doing right. It seems like I'm the only one having these issues. Everyone else is saying they haven't had a single hiccup with theirs; it's just strange.

Reading your post as well as several others on different forums and youtube, I'm starting to think it might be user error on my part. Like some little knit-picking thing I'm not doing right. It seems like I'm the only one having these issues. Everyone else is saying they haven't had a single hiccup with theirs; it's just strange.

It's unlikely you're doing anything wrong. It's much more likely you got the rare lemon. It happens sometimes, no manufacturer is immune.

I ran some 124 gr. Speer through it, no problems. I think that stiff recoil spring might need to be loosened up and the 115 gr. Blazer Brass and PMC might just be underpowered for it. I'm going to try some 124 gr. S&B next (Czech pistol,Czech ammo) That's what they use at the CZ factory. I think most of the European manufactured ammo is loaded to NATO spec and the BB and PMC might just be watered down by comparison. The difference in bullet weight might be a factor too.  

On a side note, I noticed during disassembly that there is a rub mark on the ejector where it appears to be making metal to metal contact with the slide. Is this normal?

• Like 1

I ran some 124 gr. Speer through it, no problems. I think that stiff recoil spring might need to be loosened up and the 115 gr. Blazer Brass and PMC might just be underpowered for it. I'm going to try some 124 gr. S&B next (Czech pistol,Czech ammo) That's what they use at the CZ factory. I think most of the European manufactured ammo is loaded to NATO spec and the BB and PMC might just be watered down by comparison. The difference in bullet weight might be a factor too.  

On a side note, I noticed during disassembly that there is a rub mark on the ejector where it appears to be making metal to metal contact with the slide. Is this normal?

Yes.

Do you have the "Duty" model or the updated 2014 one? I think I read something about CZ going from a captive to a non-captive recoil spring assembly in the latest model.(why,I don't know) One thing is for sure,the spring on mine (non-captive) is very stiff. Maybe these have a break-in period. I read that some models of HK pistols are like this,very stiff when brand new.