Well, the exemption was removed but since the SS109 bullet doesn't actually meet the definition of armor piercing (being that most of the core is lead) it doesn't need an exemption.

But facts and the law aren't really relevant in this case.  Did I say "in this case"?  I meant to say "to this government".

• Like 5
  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's no wonder the left keeps winning.   Every time the left attacks a group, anybody not part of that group just says "meh, not me".  I've been hearing gun owners and so-called "pro Second Amendmen

This ban doesn't "affect" me at all since I never use green tip.  Honestly it's crap.   But I am reminded of something written by a German Jew who was fortunate enough to survive the camps...   "F

Time for Congress to de-fund the BATFE. Give them a $0 budget.

Posted Images

Seems the public comment process is a complete sham... the surprise almost killed me.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2015/03/06/exclusive-atf-has-already-banned-common-at15-green-tip-ammunition-n1966761

Edit: Basically the printed regs already show the round banned.

THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!

Yes indeed they are

That might help us!

A reasonable honest person would think so as it does reveal intent.
Are there any of those still in government?
Edited by Rhodes1968

Keep in mind the M2AP 30-06 Is no longer on the exempt list either. So the ATF Is killing 2 birds with one stone.

While were all saying stop the M855 Ban, they're trying something sneaky with M2AP.
http://www.atf.gov/files/publication...f-p-5300-4.pdf

In the 2005 publication (above), pages 165 and 166, M855 and M2AP are NOT listed as AP ammo, and yet the ATF found it necessary to list them specifically as EXEMPT.
Jump to the new publication where again M855 and M2AP are NOT listed as AP ammo, and now the ATF DELETED the section exempting M855 and M2AP completely.

The ATF now claims it was all just a publishing error, and it will be cleared up ASAP.
Will the M2AP be specified as exempt too?

https://www.atf.gov/sites/default/files/assets/Library/Publications/notice_of_publishing_error.pdf

NOTICE OF PUBLISHING ERROR
On Feb. 13, 2015, ATF released for public comment a proposed framework to guide its
determination on what ammunition is "primarily intended for sporting purposes" for purposes of
granting exemptions to the Gun Control Act’s
prohibition on armor piecing ammunition.
The
posted framework is only a proposal, posted for the purpose of receiving public comment, and no
final determinations have been made.
Media reports have noted that the 2014 ATF Regulation Guide published online
does not contain
a listing of the exemptions for armor piercing ammunition, and conclude that the absence of this
listing indicates these exemptions have been rescinded. This is not the case.
Please be advised that ATF has not rescinded any armor piercin
g ammunition exemption, and the
fact they are not listed in the 2014 online edition of the regulations was an error which has no
legal impact on the validity of the exemptions. The existing exemptions for armor piercing
ammunition, which apply to 5.56 mm (
.223) SS 109 and M855 projectiles (identified by a green
coating on the projectile tip), and the U.S .30
-
06 M2AP projectile (identified by a black coating
on the projectile tip), remain in effect.
The listing of Armor Piercing Ammunition exemptions can b
e found in the 2005 ATF
Regulation Guide on page 166, which is posted
here.
The 2014 Regulation Guide will be corrected in PDF format to include the listing of armor
piercing ammunition exemptions and posted shortly.
The e
-
book/iBook version of the
Regul
ation Guide will be corrected in the near future.
ATF apologizes for any confusion caused
by this publishing error.

Edited by ChileRelleno
  • Like 2

Tin Foil Hat Time! Now that they have the names on the stop the ban public comment, they can update their list to see how many more new ones they have, compared to us regulars. Every time I have surgery I have to throw my name at someone. They must be treating me like the office joke. "Geez Bob, this guy really wants us to come get him, let's match this up with the representative's list". They knew all along since last year what they planned to do. I'd call them slimeballs, but that would be disrespectful of slimeballs.

This is a done deal.  With the emperor pulling the strings behind the scenes, anybody think the atf puppets won't dance?

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20150306/astroturf-in-the-rose-garden

From Josh Earnest, White House Press Mouthpiece:

Obama "has long believed that there are some common sense steps that we can take," Earnest said. "Everyone should agree that if there are armor-piercing bullets available that can fit into easily concealed weapons, that it puts our law enforcement at considerably more risk."

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20150306/anti-gunners-lie-to-promote-batfe-ammo-ban

From Obama Campaign Secretary Marjorie Clifton:

M855 ammunition "has been used in every mass shooting we've had in the country over past years."

This is only the beginning. With each oppression he gets bolder. There is no backbone in the "republican" congress. The democraps still run the show. 4 of the 9 "justices" on the supreme court will back ANYTHING he does and 2 more are squishy "moderates" that aren't governed by the Constitution.

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 3

So if I recall correctly didn't the SCOTUS strike down the EPA lead bullet ban? (hope that's a dead topic)

Because if not, and they can classify any amount of steel in a pistol bullet "AP"... that's end game for all ammo. Might as well declare guns illegal all together, and we know where a situation like that will lead us...

So if I recall correctly didn't the SCOTUS strike down the EPA lead bullet ban? (hope that's a dead topic)

Because if not, and they can classify any amount of steel in a pistol bullet "AP"... that's end game for all ammo. Might as well declare guns illegal all together, and we know where a situation like that will lead us...

There is part of me that says "let them, over reach is ever the bane of tyrants". Its the same part that tires of trying to keep the train from going over the cliff and says hell lets just push the bitch over and get down to it...

Not all ammo and of course dont sell innovation short, not that any of that political treason is acceptable.

Right now I am very impressed with what is happening with other alloys. 

Innovation can't overcome the pen of the tyrant.

Things that were tinfoil fantasy a few years ago are happening every day. Shit that you expect from third-world dictators is happening right here, right now.

The entitlement mentality has blinded the populace to tyranny. As long as the government checks don't bounce the tyrants will keep getting reelected. The sheep won't risk losing their dole for over something as meaningless as freedom.

There is part of me that says "let them, over reach is ever the bane of tyrants". Its the same part that tires of trying to keep the train from going over the cliff and says hell lets just push the bitch over and get down to it...

Not all ammo and of course dont sell innovation short, not that any of that political treason is acceptable.

Right now I am very impressed with what is happening with other alloys. 

If it's not made of lead, it's got to be made of what? Ceramic with a copper jacket? Hmmm...

Innovation can't overcome the pen of the tyrant.

Things that were tinfoil fantasy a few years ago are happening every day. Shit that you expect from third-world dictators is happening right here, right now.

The entitlement mentality has blinded the populace to tyranny. As long as the government checks don't bounce the tyrants will keep getting reelected. The sheep won't risk losing their dole for over something as meaningless as freedom.

Well pretty much my point concerning a lot of things to do with government, those sharing a state of mind to hold liberty dear are woefully outnumbered by those willing to live life as cattle. 

It may well be pushing that sucker over the edge is the only way out, the longer it goes on seemingly the worse it will be.

There has been plenty of time to get ready, if that is even possible.

Innovation has always provided that which would be denied. Sometimes it's all ya got.

Yeah copper and surprisingly brass and god only knows what, so not all ammo.

Until the Europeans ran out of wood no one thought of burning coal.

Thats about as hopeful as I can get 

Edited by Rhodes1968

Powdered steel mixed with a bake hardening resin as a bonding agent would not be AP as it is not steel but rather a plasticized compound.. The law only bans cores completely made from steel, if you mix the steel with something then it becomes something else as a sort of cement, then it is something else.

I have a swagged twisted steel wire cored projectile I'm still mulling on. Basically my idea is to use the wire as a sort of expanding core thus getting to a different exemption.

Guys don't forget this is happening too! https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/house-bill/378

Six Dems have signed on so the bill is pretty much political chattel with no chance.

For no other reason than it would make private security subject to loss of it's use, remember that is fairly important to the privileged elite.

The only incident I can recall where a major crime was committed while wearing armor was the north Hollywood shooting back in the 90's.

There have been many others just none that were live on TV. Unless all those no-knocks are considered crimes.

Still a couple of sets of IIIA wouldnt be a terrible idea, IV better. Stuff is a real pita to wear though

I guess the idea is someone could buy armor that makes them completely bullet proof from police rifle rounds..

Having looked around a LOT yesterday.. I can tell you that this is not something that is even a likely event let alone something a law is needed for.

Armor that is over Level III is pretty much insanely heavy and limits you to covering small areas.. So its a non-issue.

• Like 1

Look we all know it HAS NOTHING to do with safety from crime in general. This is about gutting the second amendment.

They know how hard it is to kill bunch of goat farmers and rice growing villagers who are broke as fuck. Imagine how impossible it would be to defeat a US uprising.

Look we all know it HAS NOTHING to do with safety from crime in general. This is about gutting the second amendment.

They know how hard it is to kill bunch of goat farmers and rice growing villagers who are broke as fuck. Imagine how impossible it would be to defeat a US uprising.

Hopefully we do not have to reach the level of a bunch of broke ass goat/rice farmers to turn this ship.

• Like 1