• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's no wonder the left keeps winning.   Every time the left attacks a group, anybody not part of that group just says "meh, not me".  I've been hearing gun owners and so-called "pro Second Amendmen

This ban doesn't "affect" me at all since I never use green tip.  Honestly it's crap.   But I am reminded of something written by a German Jew who was fortunate enough to survive the camps...   "F

Time for Congress to de-fund the BATFE. Give them a $0 budget.

Posted Images

There are so many methods they're using to attack the 2A.

Repeated attempts at another AWB.

Ammo price/availability.

Banks refusing to do business with manufacturers/retailers.

Banning lead ammo.

Lead substitutes such as other metals/alloys become the primary component and thus qualify as armor piercing.

UN Small Arms Treaty.

And more.

• Like 1

There are so many methods they're using to attack the 2A.

Repeated attempts at another AWB.

Ammo price/availability.

Banks refusing to do business with manufacturers/retailers.

Banning lead ammo.

Lead substitutes such as other metals/alloys become the primary component and thus qualify as armor piercing.

UN Small Arms Treaty.

And more.

Exactly, Chile. Ban the lead because lead is bad, then ban all the cartridges because the safe metals are deadly for police. Then all the liberals will have won and all the Monday morning quarterbacks who didn't step up when it was their ammo or their gun that was at risk won't have anyone to blame for it but themselves. We already watched the 7N6 lead to this attempted ban and they sure as hell won't pass up the next opportunity, you can guarantee it

I still remember when people said that this couldn't possibly happen to M855, because there was an exemption for it and there was not one for 7N6. We see now how easily that can change.

It shouldn't have happened to 7N6 either. Under the 7N6 jacket is a core made of steel AND lead. In order to be armor piercing under law, the statute requires the core be comprised ENTIRELY of a combination of steel, tungsten, bronze, beryllium  copper and/or depleted uranium. Lead ain't on the list, so by law, if it has lead in the core, it's not armor piercing ammo. Georgia Carry did a hell of a write up about the AP issue. It's at: http://gunssavelives.net/blog/gun-laws/georgia-gun-rights-group-tears-apart-atfs-proposed-m855-ban-with-their-comments/

Edited by JohnnyE

Well the second half reads "or has a diameter greater than 0.22, jacket weight in excess of 25% of the Core, and may be fired from a hand gun."

5.45mm= 0.214" therfore less than 0.22"

Don't try using truth like this to prove anything to the idiot gun banners and grabbers.  They can't handle the truth or reality.  Remember, according to them, gun ownership is on the decline also, and the majority (greater than 90%) of Americans want stricter gun control.  

Interesting comment from an ATF spokesperson....

"Last year, the ATF successfully banned Russian-made 7N6 bullets on the grounds they were armor-piercing. Some gun-rights groups objected, but that ruling stood. "We didn't put it out to comment," Seward noted."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2015/03/10/how-angry-gun-owners-shouted-down-a-ban-on-armor-piercing-bullets/

With that statement, she seems to indicate that the problem this time was that they opened up the issue to public comment.

Inferring that there wouldn't have been a problem if they just banned M855 the same way they did with 7N6.

This shows how they think, and hints at their next moves..... under the radar bans with no public comment requested or accepted.

Keep building the ammo forts.