will the vepr and the saiga handle rifled slugs and 3" magnum ammo as in turkey loads with no issues as to bbl damage? that is if the shotguns mentioned will cycle them ok. just found quite a few of these and was wondering if safe to use. here's one in question....TIA

2vsqekz.jpg

It's probably a good idea to run a buffer if you're going to use a lot of hot ammo - and make sure you have it on the correct gas setting. Regular use of overly hot ammo, especially if the gun is overgassed, can cause the rear trunnion to crack, and can even cause receiver damage.

• Like 1

Our S12 seems to work OK with the Federal "Wally World" 3 dram equalivant 1 oz. #7.5 bird shot 2.5 inch low base cheapo stuff which is about 95% of what we use.  Occasionally the Winchester 3 inch mag. 21 pellet #1 max buck shot loads or the max Zombie, T Rex or Texas Hog max slug loads get used to create big holes in whatever.  Fun.  Adjustable gas regulator, Twister pucks.  We are still $saving$ for a R and R Targets custom complete future S12 bolt head and currently available S12 bolt carrier.  $Ouch$.  HB of CJ (old coot)  :)

• Like 1

thanks to all for the info. took em both out today and ran all the heavy loads thru them...no probs. the vepr chewed them out with no flaws, S12 had one stove pipe due to an old ammo casing but other than that business as usual. the S12 runs an auto plug which works well, didn't have to mess with regulating it at all....nice upgrade! ran both factory 8rd and Csspecs 8rd mags, both performed 100%. man those steel mags are NICE, built heavy duty.  032.gif

• Like 1

Hey adjc, I used to work with the guy in your avatar. If his hands weren't in his pockets, they were in his nose. Nasty bugger. Arrogant and lazy too. I'm glad they canned him. We even heard clients making fun of him.

Hey adjc, I used to work with the guy in your avatar. If his hands weren't in his pockets, they were in his nose. Nasty bugger. Arrogant and lazy too. I'm glad they canned him. We even heard clients making fun of him.

disgusting sob's aren't they.....got a couple of them at work, i just keep my distance!