.338 Federal AR-10 SBR 8" Project

Ok So I decided to do something a little different this time using a AR-10 Pattern platform...I am about 90% complete ..im just waiting for Mcgowen Precision to finish my barrel..they are currently 3months out..I used various parts to make up the build..The only things that are matching are the Aero Precision M5 lower/upper and .BCG with forward assist serrations...It is chambered in a .338 Federal Caliber 8" SBR using a pistol length Gas system..I will report back as soon as I finish it with a range report and video..Here are a few pics of it with his friends..post-16872-0-63152500-1424032134_thumb.jpg

post-16872-0-79254500-1424032146_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Wow!  That is so cool.  I wish I was that $rich$.  Now wondering if the guys at Elite Iron would warrant a nice can to put on your new toy?  Also wondering that without the can, would you need to use welding goggles and very good hearing protection to shoot that monster?  Talk about fun and giggles!  Nice.  HB of CJ (old coot)

Wow!  That is so cool.  I wish I was that $rich$.  Now wondering if the guys at Elite Iron would warrant a nice can to put on your new toy?  Also wondering that without the can, would you need to use welding goggles and very good hearing protection to shoot that monster?  Talk about fun and giggles!  Nice.  HB of CJ (old coot)

Not rich..this has been 1yr in the making..just kept building piece by piece until it was almost done..im glad you like it ..ill make a full video of it at the range and also do some chrony testing..im assuming that I will probably loose around 300-500fps ..ill know for sure as soon as I do the testing....thanx again or commenting..here is a pic of the 338 federal vs a 308

post-16872-0-83269400-1424048447.jpg

VOONMAN,

VERY NICE, I THINK A VORTEX FLASH SUPPRESSOR WOULD BE A GOOD CHOICE.......

JESS1344

Thanx..I will try it first without the flash suppressor  and see if it will be brighter than the 50 Beowulf sbr or my vepr12 sbs..if it is .I will use a flash suppressor on it

• Like 1