It may be true, Molot isn't listed in the detailed list of Kalashnikov Concern entities mentioned in EO. Also although it was earlier announced that Molot was part of the holding group, KC marketing info completely forgoes to mention Vepr anywhere in their media. 

• Like 1

"Don't want to make a big deal about it, so we can keep it under the radar", ...so let me make a video about it and post it on YouTube, titled "VEPRs not banned". Genius, and I love the gas mask at :30...makes me think, "Now here's a guy who has the inside scoop."

If he is correct, I am getting tired of the panic BS that gun and ammunition manufacturers are allowing to go uncorrected, just to enjoy the inevitable panic and buying spree. 7n6....banned, price goes up...yet you can still buy it. VEPR 12's....banned...still can buy one. M855 is next....buy it all up before you can't get it anymore. I am not playing this game anymore.

• Like 4

Even if that was true (which I doubt because the rifles and shotguns coming in now were paid for before the executive order) why would anyone want to post a video saying they are not banned. Yeah post a public video and tell everyone to not make a big deal about it or talk about it. wow is all I can say.

Btw it is more complicated than they are not on the ban/restricted list. Once the shipments make it in that are paid for everyone should wait and see if future permits are approved and shipments are allowed. Especially with all the crap going on right now with Ukraine.

• Like 1

Wow this can be a tough crowd, how else is one to get word out that perhaps a way to own a Russian AK still exists.

What never trained in a gas mask before? 

Actually this guy does some pretty good work sometimes.

As far as going under the radar, I know this is a practical mindset but it does rail against the nature of our more pissed off angels.

If he is right perhaps (if the scratch is available) there is a VEPR in my future as I aint paying banned prices for anything I dont absolutely need.

I am not being a tough crowd type person or crapping on someone. I am just saying common sense is that if the guns are on the market and there has been 2 shipments and another coming that is the end of the pre-paid guns. Now it is wait and see what happens next. But posting a public video making statements like that with the amount of subs he has and trying to keep it hush hush is ridiculous. I actually like the guy and his videos but it is counter productive to post stuff like this.

• Like 1

I am saving every penny right now to snag a Vepr .308. Should be able to buy it in the next two weeks or so, if it is still available. While I am hopeful that this is true, I just don't think the prices are coming back down south of $800, and its not worth the risk that they won't be available and the price goes up.

Per KC info http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalashnikov_Concern, Molot is not part of KC. Izhmash and Izhmech merged in 2013 to become KC. KC is on the ban list whereas JSC Molot is not as it is not part of KC. Here's EO detail

http://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/sanctions/OFAC-Enforcement/Pages/20140716.aspx

"KALASHNIKOV CONCERN (a.k.a. CONCERN KALASHNIKOV; a.k.a. IZHEVSKIY MASHINOSTROITEL'NYI ZAVOD OAO; f.k.a. IZHMASH R&D CENTER; f.k.a. JSC NPO IZHMASH; f.k.a. NPO IZHMASH OAO; a.k.a. OJSC CONCERN KALASHNIKOV; f.k.a. OJSC IZHMASH; f.k.a. SCIENTIFIC PRODUCTION ASSOCIATION IZHMASH JOINT STOCK COMPANY), 3, Derjabin Pr., Izhevsk, Udmurt Republic 426006, Russia; Registration ID 1111832003018 [uKRAINE2]."

Every process operates based on the database entry so when a permit application comes in unless it's red flagged against EO then it should be approved.

Ok. Make me a mag fed 12 gauge in America and ill buy it. (Cam, I'm lookin at you :) ) Otherwise, what exactly are you implying?

We did have an American made mag fed 12. The barrel was nfa'd years ago.

I'm lookin hard at vepr 12's. please explain why I should not

Screw that foreign shit…..Buy American.

The jobs you may be saving might be your own.

Most of the bolt on stuff/ mags I buy are American made. Foreign firearms sold in America have created jobs here with the accessory industry and R922 laws. Everything bought from U.S. based websites including this one Saiga 12 .com

Edited by SmilinEd

Screw that foreign shit…..Buy American.

The jobs you may be saving might be your own.

Most of the bolt on stuff/ mags I buy are American made. Foreign firearms sold in America have created jobs here with the accessory industry and R922 laws. Everything bought from U.S. based websites including this one Saiga 12 .com

Arguably due to the way many of the foreign firearms are made means that the accessories are more custom and less compatible with automation. Meaning that one Saiga-12 could supply 9 or 10 AR-15 worth of jobs.. Example I can confirm, our magazines, they are not compatible with automation. Most of the price paid is labor, as everything is made by people.

If one of the AR makers came out with a shotgun, I bet every single part would be automated.. So the ratio of jobs would be significantly lower.

I'm somewhat hopeful about seeing new imports of Vepr firearms.. I will also about guarantee that if the idiots in Ukraine keep shooting this week, that we won't have any Russian arms imports by March.. So really all we can hope for is that they stop shooting.

• Like 3