Sold a guy a gun on a local peer to peer site, gun was one I’d bought a few years ago fired it a few times and realized I just wasn’t into it. Nothing wrong with the gun shot fine still had the box and paperwork with it pretty much was like new other than a few shots I’d fired. I didn’t hide the fact I’d shot the gun in the ad and when the guy paid and picked up the gun plus some ammo he bought off me he was happy. He and his wife went out shot the gun and were even happier with their purchase, every things good. Got an email from him asking about reloading the brass, I said get up with me the following weekend and I’d look at helping him out and show him how to get set up for it.

Saturday rolls around and there’s a message from him where he’s pissed at the world about the gun. Guns not broken or anything like that he found a price tag the showed how much I paid for the gun and he’d paid me more than the price tag showed. I tried to tell him for one thing I bought it years ago and the value had gone up. Explained I bought it on line and with the shipping and what the FFL holder charged me there was really very little difference in the price paid by both of us. Last but not least two more things to think about if he bought a new one it would be $90.00 more than the one I sold him plus shipping and the FFL charge. I also said I’d buy the gun back minus the cost of the ammo he’d shot up. He never replied.

I guess in his mind a used gun must only be sold for less than it was bought for. Amazing to me the same gun that was a great gun till he saw an old price tag turned into a piece of shit in his mind with no change to how the gun shot. Here's a guy who will never buy a 65 Mustang.

• Like 4

He sent me:

“Not say u did it but someone scribbled out the price tag on the side of the box I saw the gun only costed 258 new so glad u goxt your money back + extra.......”

I’d gotten a pretty damn good deal on the guns / bought 2 for 250 each and sat on them awhile recently sold 1 on gunbroker for 365 with shipping and sold this guy the other one for 340 with a hundred rounds of 357 and 25 of 38s.  He’d shot up about ½ the ammo so I said bring me the gun, left over ammo, and the brass and I’ll give you 310 back, 30 to cover the shot up ammo and a little wear and tear added on the gun that before only had about 10 shots fired out of it. He never replied.

Some places that carried them are sold out and they were selling for 354 the only ones I can find now are 390. Doesn’t matter to me anymore it all just kind of took me by surprise as far as I’m concerned the buy back offer came off the table when I got up this morning he had all weekend to reply but choose to be pissed off.

• Like 1

The guy is a knuckle head.... you gave him a very fair deal.

Then you went far beyond what should be expected by offering the return.

Sounds like he likes the gun and doesn't want to return it, he just wants to whine and cry (to try to get cash back).

Weird how some people never mentally mature past being 9 years old.

• Like 2

Thank the lord you didn't cast pearls amongst the pigs and teach him how to reload. What a dummy!

Very nice of you to offer to buy it back. I would not be so nice. It's like people were never raised how to trade, sell our buy outside of a supermarket. Really sad. The art of bullshitting and a square deal upon a hand shake is getting pretty rare.

What are you looking at now since there is a hole in your safe?

• Like 4

If the rule is that you're not allowed to pay more than the original purchase price for anything then I'm going shopping for a 69 Boss Mustang right now.

My brother bought his 1970 Challenger R/T, 383 Magnum, 4sp pistol grip for around $3200 when he got back from Viet Nam. Think a Dodge dealer would do me the same as a legacy? Sounds like you bent over backwards, Doc. I should be dealing with you, nobody gives me ammo when I buy used. That would make the deal for me since you want me to shoot it. If you don't mind me asking, what was it you sold?

357 uberti 1873 cattleman hombre, a while back tanners had a pile of them for 250 each I bought 2 with consecutive serial numbers thinking I was going to play cowboy action shooter again, punked out decided not to play again and just sat on the guns for a couple of years.

Buyer just pissed he cannot boast about the price he paid, probably after he took it to the range, talking about his deal a friend noticed the $258 tag. Can hear the friend talking shit on how he was hustled.... For $340 you should have thrown in a bag of dicks...

Fuck him, and your deal was to sell the gun not to have a reloading student forever.

Lesson learned, no old sale prices on boxes (sticker over) and no students.

Spell scribble right then blow costed and goxt

• Like 1

CRAP! That was a fair price, compared to the Rugers and especially the Taylors. Both, at the last gun show were almost $600. I bought an Uberti Bisley, 4 3/4", in .357 for $558 and I thought that was overpriced, but it was the only one there. Tack another hundred on and it's still below what they're asking out here. Not even thinking about Colts.

The ad as I ran it:

For sale or trade:
This is for a Uberti 1873 Hombre .357 Mag. Box and factory paperwork with gun. Very slightly used about 10 shots out of the gun and comes with the old used Bianchi lawman holster shown.
I’m looking for a good 22 or 45 ACP revolver, Remington 1100 20 gage, or an O/U shotgun in 12 or 20 gage, maybe a Glock.
I figure roughly a ballpark figure of $325.00 for the lot, but I'll talk about it if someone has an offer.
I live in Laurel Hill.

Some of his replies:

What's your cash prices

Phil hurry up and msg me I got cash

After the sale:

Great deal with Phil XXXX this morning will defiantly do business with again

Now he wouldn’t piss on me if I was on fire. That was a short lived bromance from hero to zero in 1 week. Guess for future post I should put something like: "I charge more for my used guns because they have been professionally owned and operated."

post-26137-0-15972200-1424199840_thumb.jpg

post-26137-0-22432400-1424199985.jpg

i'd say piss on him. he bought in good standings as you sold it to him with fully understanding as to what he was getting. what i read in your ad is self explanitory and reads as an honest up front deal. i wouldn't give it any more thought.....deal done!