Best magazines/drums for IZ-433

It's more like leaving a manual in second gear and saying that second is the only gear you need. 

The 109 style block allows it to be less violent with the hot stuff and a little more violent with the very weak. Theoretically both of them will run everything 3 dram eq. up, but a larger number of the fixed type really need more like 3 1/4 dr eq+. They are both tunable to get a solid 3 dr eq + and should all be made to do it.

However, it is possible to tune a 109 type for significantly weaker ammo than that and use an adjustable plug with more settings to restrict down and keep reaonable power with the 3" mags and ~2.5 dram eq loads on the other end. 

More interesting to me is the option of true regulation: This is what the autoplug gives you: Regulation such that each shell cycles with roughly the same force. It's not a very sophisticated reg, and it is not self balanicing, but it gets the job done well. IMO a current gen autoplug dialed in and forgotten is more of a real one size fits all than a 433/ vepr system, and is smoother while doing it. My mod also gives the option of better operation for the 3" shells. 

sorry for the typos.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The vepr 12 mag will work. But you may have to file your mag catch down a little. Legion usa has the factory vepr mags in 8 and 10rnd. They are expensive, but it's amazing they are availble at all. Ba

I have 2 433a and they fit both.

The modification to use VEPR-12 mags is relatively easy. It takes just a couple minutes with a Dremel tool. I bought four of the factory VEPR-12 5-rounders back when they were on sale for $15 each and

Posted Images

So I couldn't help but notice that the catamount fury II mags look just like the 030 factory 4 rounder. Is there a snowballs chance in hell they would mate in a 030? the bho and $10 price tag seems enticing enough.

I came across the article below Which further entices me to try, especially for $10 mags. http://www.theakforum.net/forums/88-apex-gun-parts/172458-catamount-fury-mags-vepr-12-compatibility.html

It doesn't matter what model it is. If you are talking mags & drums, the only question is does it have a magwell.

By that I mean a real Russian one not some after market thing.

Any S12 R&L mag can be converted to work in the Russian magwell 

When you have converted the mags mate one with a drum. Simple

you need to sand down the front of the back where that shelf is, and then possibly a bit from the rear of the mag about halfway down where that little band is. That of course depends on the gun. 

well see here's what i'm getting at, the Fury II uses a magwell and those mags are equipped with a bho. That means a cheap 5rd mag with that ability to add to my inventory. Also, if they are clones of the 030 mag, that means the followers should behave similarly and would give me a source of cheap followers to use in other mags. There are of course a lot of ifs and possibles here so anything is likely, but if it works out, then awesome. if not its something that can be sold and recouped.

So I couldn't help but notice that the catamount fury II mags look just like the 030 factory 4 rounder. Is there a snowballs chance in hell they would mate in a 030? the bho and $10 price tag seems enticing enough.

I came across the article below Which further entices me to try, especially for $10 mags. http://www.theakforum.net/forums/88-apex-gun-parts/172458-catamount-fury-mags-vepr-12-compatibility.html

Nope.The Fury mags are a little longer front to back. There is just not enough material to remove to make them function properly IMO. If you modded the actual magwell it might work.To me its just not worth it.The V12 mags and the SGM Vepr 12 mags work in my 433a.No mod necessary with the SGM mags.

• Like 1

Anything vepr12 doesn't seem as plentiful as before, and the legion magwell versions are almost impossible to find. With that being said, it seems even less likely you'll find them on sale.

Sidenote:

The vepr mags are in stock here at he e-shop as well as the legion 5rd mags.

Correction to my last post. The part number if you wanna do your own looking is Sgmt12XXL with the xx being the round count.

Nope.The Fury mags are a little longer front to back. There is just not enough material to remove to make them function properly IMO. If you modded the actual magwell it might work.To me its just not worth it.The V12 mags and the SGM Vepr 12 mags work in my 433a.No mod necessary with the SGM mags.

What about the length of the followers? Visual inspection looks like they should ride inside the mags just fine.

The SGM VEPR 12 mags work great in the Legion S433a with magwell. They run better in the 433a (flawlessly) than the V12s. IMO the S433a is a better shotgun.

You mean after modification for the Saiga, right?

i have four of the 10-round SGM mags designed for the magwell Saiga. I also have a few SGM mags for the VEPR (10 and 12 rounders), but I haven't modified them yet (or even opened them), because I have plenty of mags already with the 4 SGM's and four original VEPR Molot 5-round mags that I bought for $16 each, before the stupid sanctions ban (I kick myself for not buying more).

I actually prefer the 5-round Molots over using the 10-round SGMs. The Molots work will all types of ammo in my Saiga, while the 10-round SGM have about a 10% fail rate on cheap Walmart bulk packs. The 10-round SGM's work great with both high- and low-brass buckshot that I've tried. The VEPR Molots work with everything.

Edited by MR_22

No modification required. The V12 SGMs work in all of my Vepr and Saiga magwell guns.I have modded some of my OEM V12 mags to fit my S433a.The OEM Saiga mags run in my V12s.

Interesting. I have 2 VEPR magazines by SGM that I haven't opened yet. I just figured that since I had to modify my VEPR Molot mags, that I would have to modify the VEPR SGM mags as well. I guess I'm going to have to try it.

I wonder if your Saiga mag catch is different from mine?