Hey guys, I was wondering if you all would be willing to help me pick out a can for my newest project--a 12in 300blk pistol. Here are the parameters. I'd like to keep the barrel length with suppressor attached around 18in or less, I'd like to be able to take it apart to clean it if possible, and I'd like to keep the cost of the suppressor and stamp to a grand or less. Also, if I could run the same can on my pap m92 with a thread adapter or something of the like that'd be awesome but its not a total deal breaker if I cant. I know about barrel concentricity issues and whatnot but it'd be a plus if the suppressor could handle 7.62x39 from a 10in barrel. Hopefully there exists something close to what i just described lol. I really appreciate and look forward to your input on this, nothing is totally set in stone either so i look forward to hearing about the options i may have.

Take care,

L

Elite Iron.  $Spendy$ but nice.  Stainless steel.  Probably full auto rated.  Mine are.  Comes apart for cleaning.  Replaceable/available baffles and end caps.  High quality.  The only downer is that they might not warrant very short barrel stuff with the wrong twist rates. 

Baffle strike potential.  Also sometimes they want to do the threading to make sure it is exactly correct.  Very tight cans.  I am a happy camper.  HB of CJ (old coot)  You tend to get what you pay for.  Enjoy.   All US Code Laws And NFA Rules Apply.  Pop, thud, pop, thud.

• Like 1

Waiting on my sdn-6, for a similar purpose (300 blk, 10.3" barrel). But with the sig brace fiasco I'm going to sbr my pistol.  Been waiting for my stamp since the end of November so in a month or 2 I can tell you about it...

Not sure if you really need to take it apart.  I've heard that with a .22 can where it gets dirty fast it makes sense.  Otherwise, don't worry.

And I found mine on sale and with the stamp it was just over $1100

Edited by mizombiekilla
  • Like 1

Ill probably do the same with mine insofar as the sbr stamp goes...guess i need to google the specs on that can. Thanks. E.t.a keep the ideas coming guys, i really appreciate it! =)

Edited by LuPiN8oR

Elite Iron.  $Spendy$ but nice.  Stainless steel.  Probably full auto rated.  Mine are.  Comes apart for cleaning.  Replaceable/available baffles and end caps.  High quality.  The only downer is that they might not warrant very short barrel stuff with the wrong twist rates. 

Baffle strike potential.  Also sometimes they want to do the threading to make sure it is exactly correct.  Very tight cans.  I am a happy camper.  HB of CJ (old coot)  You tend to get what you pay for.  Enjoy.   All US Code Laws And NFA Rules Apply.  Pop, thud, pop, thud.

+1

I'll be in the same boat soon.

Dale at Elite Iron makes some very nice suppressors. I see he's making some titanium ones now as well. My only complaint would be the weight of his steel units. The one one he built for my UMP works very well.

Having been to his place, toured his shop, met his wife, etc., I'd say you can't go wrong.

• Like 1

Liberty MysticX

I had my eye on the predecessor of that for roughly this purpose. It was hard to figure out what it could really handle well though, because they listed every .30 cal cartridge out there subsonic. i.e. 300 win mag subsonic. 

Regardless of their former semi-misleading claims, it is for sure rated to handle .357 (ultra) mag, and full power 308 Win. With any of the 30 cal, it was getting similar numbers to dedicated 30 cal cans, plus there is the extra clearance to avoid baffle strikes.

If I had to buy something right now, without getting to research anything that came out in the last few months, I think the mystic X is what I would buy.

• Like 1

Thats a really snazzy can, ill give that one some consideration if i can find it a little cheaper than listed on their site. I was wanting to keep it a little shorter too but if the tradeoff is performance it could definitely work.

Looking around at different cans has got me wondering if i should just return the 12in upper i have and try to get a shorter one so overall length of suppressor and barrel isnt so much. Frick.

Edited by LuPiN8oR

If you're thinking of changing barrel length, why not just install the shorter barrel yourself?

It'd probably be easier to return it since its unfired and still within the 30 day window. I really like this upper tho, its the extra thick chrome lined type that FN makes for PSA. The one id be getting in its place is a radical firearms 10.5 in one and ive not really heard of those guys before. Anyhow, it'd probably be easiest to find a can that adds less than or around 6in to the overall length.

Ok, here are the ones im looking at and having a hard time deciding on.

AAC 762-SD

Cost with adapter: $655

Weight: 23.2oz

Length added: 7.25in

Well within budget but the heaviest of the three and a little longer than I'd like. Also cannot take apart for cleaning.

Liberty Mystic x

Cost with adapter: $813

Length (no length added info): 8in

Weight:10.5 oz

The lightest of the 3 but also the longest. Comes apart for cleaning. Rated for multiple calibers specifically mentioning 7.62x39 and 300blk. No muzzle break/FH qd style mounts.

AAC 762-SDN-6

Cost with adapter: $944

Length added: 6.1in

Weight: 19.85oz

A bit over budget but right at the length id like to keep it at. Lighter than the first one mentioned but almost 2x as heavy as the mystic. Cannot take apart for cleaning.

Overall I'm on the fence about these because even though primarily the suppressor will be used for 7.62x39 and 300blk i want it to be able to handle 556 from a 16in barrel and maybe 7.62x51. I think if i want to suppress 22lr id just get a separate can for that. Also the length vs weight conundrum is there as well, and dont know what would be the bigger factor. Once again, i appreciate all the input from you guys, i would like to make a very informed decision here lol.

Edited by LuPiN8oR

I think instead of the aforementioned cans, im going to go with a silencerco omega. Seems like it fits the bill rather well even if i have to pinch a few more pennies. Thanks for the help guys.

Let us know how is goes.  Good luck on the approval process.  Hopefully it won't take forever...

• Like 1

I think instead of the aforementioned cans, im going to go with a silencerco omega. Seems like it fits the bill rather well even if i have to pinch a few more pennies. Thanks for the help guys.

What was your reasoning for why that one is preferable to the others? 

• Like 1

What was your reasoning for why that one is preferable to the others?

Well, i guess it came down to a tradeoff in length and weight. You can remove the brake looking thing on the end and get a blank end cap for it and it will end up at 6in long and put it south of 14oz. Another thing is that you can pick whether you wanna run it direct thread or quick detach, and both adapters to do so and a muzzle brake are included in the inital price. Its only 67$ more expensive than the mystic x with the cost of the adapters/brake factored in. I thought that seemed pretty good, if theres something about that particular can that makes it not as good as the others lemme know, i definitely dont wanna screw the pooch on this one hahahaha!

Take care,

-L-

I was just curious. I'm not an expert and have only used a few, so I'm interested in seeing other perspectives, particularly from people making guns similar to what I want. Your research is more recent than mine, and you are looking closer since it is your cash on the line. I don't know as much about some of the newer models so I wanted to know what made this particular one excel.

Thanks.

• Like 1