bullet guide/ saiga mag question

So being in ny and only being able to use 10 rd mags, I have a bunch of original saiga mags. I just bought a second 7.63x39 and I was thinking of putting a bullet guide in it so it could accept any mags. If I do this can I modify the saiga mags to work with the bullet guide? I hate to have mags that would only work in one of my saigas

Actually, if you just trim the front of the integral bullet guide on the Saiga mag so it clears the installed Bullet Guide, it will still work on non-bullet guide Saigas.  You notch the front of the Saiga mag.  I did it on mine, and it works in either.

Notching/filing the bullet guide in the Saiga mags is only necessary if you have a round trunion/  My 7.62 has a flat trunion, and my stock Saiga mags didn't interfere with it.

Also note if you want to use AK mags in your Saiga, plan to file on the mag catch a bit or replace the magazine catch with an AK one, the locking lug on the Saiga mags is thinner than traditional AK mags.  Can be accomplished with some careful dremel work or a flat file (just takes longer.)