Texas Family Doesn’t Understand Why Police Shot Man Pointing Gun at Them

http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2015/02/19/texas-family-doesnt-understand-why-police-shot-man-pointing-gun-at-them/

HOUSTON, Texas – The family of a Texas man who allegedly pointed a gun at police after robbing and pistol-whipping another man, doesn’t understand why the police shot him. Danny Miguel Saul, a 29-year-old man from Tomball, Texas, is in the hospital after being shot by local police officers. The officers responded to a call about a robbery and assault. When Saul allegedly hid in the bushes with his gun and then pointed the gun at police, they fired at least eleven rounds.

“I just want to know what happened with my brother, and the reason why he was shot 11 times,” said Saul’s brother A.J. Saul, according to a KHOU-11 report by Alice Barr.

Capt. Rick Grassi with the Tomball Police Department responded, “The officer simply responded to someone’s bad choice, someone’s bad choice to point a gun at him. The officer is going to do, use a reasonable amount of force, [so] that he can go home to his wife and his kids.”

Tomball police stated the officers received a 911 call to the apartment complex. The caller reported that Saul had robbed and pistol-whipped another man at the complex. When police arrived, Saul alleged ran into the bushes and hid.

Memorial Herman Hospital officials reportedly told the family Saul was in critical condition and had been shot eleven times. Despite his wounds, Saul still struggled with police after being shot, according to witnesses.

The family has not been allowed to see Saul because he is in police custody at the hospital. He has reportedly been in and out of surgery several times.

One family member, A.J. Saul complained about the number of times they shot at the suspect. “That’s a lot of shots and to me that sounds like somebody’s trying to get killed with that many shots,” he said.

“The witnesses advised that the officer gave him several commands to drop the gun, to come out of the bushes, to show him his hands,” said Grassi. “It wasn’t until the subject turned the weapon on the officer, that the officer used force.”

A search by Breitbart Texas of Harris County court documents revealed that Saul has a record of prior criminal behavior. In 2006, Saul was sentenced to 20 days confinement for a misdemeanor assault on a family member. Just seven months ago, Saul was arrested and charged with misdemeanor count of unlawful possession of a firearm. Judge Larry Standley dismissed the charge after ordering the forfeiture of the weapon. He was released to his mother and ordered to be placed in the Harris County Psychiatric Center.

Waller County also shows criminal conduct by Saul. In 2012, Saul was arrested for failure to identify or giving false/fictitious information to police. He was convicted and sentenced to four days in jail.

Saul is now charged with felony aggravated robbery with a firearm, and two felony counts of aggravated assault with a firearm against a public servant. This case will be adjudicated by Judge Maria Jackson in the 339th District Court.

Following standard procedure, the Tomball police officer remains on administrative leave pending the outcome of the investigation.

Bob Price is a senior political news contributor for Breitbart Texas and a member of the original Breitbart Texas team. Follow him on Twitter @BobPriceBBTX.

Danny Miguel Saul – Dismissal of Weapns Charge

Edited by SmilinEd

Yea 45! That will work! NOT!!

Guy shot 14 times with a 45

http://www.policeone...mmo-on-the-job/

I believe in MN a cop got into a firefight at a mall. Cop was shot 7 times with a 45 including once in the head. He killed the perp with a 9 to the head. Cop is still alive and on duty. Lets not pretend 45 is some magical bullet

• Like 1

A sudden adrenalin dump does not improve marksmanship. Kicks it right in the face.

It takes some very specific training and or experience to retain a steady hand in a sudden combat situation.

That peaceful serene range time just wont hack it, very little does in fact.

Edited by Rhodes1968
  • Like 1

"Put down that bottle of Tequila and gato and come out, Senior Miguel, or I will be forced to come in and get you." :lol:

"This I swear will be your last warning or my name isn't police super lieutenant Zorro." horror.gif

zorro1981.jpg

Personally, I want to know what the family thought would happen when the Po-lice finally did show up and have a gun pointed at them? :unsure:

http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2015/02/19/texas-family-doesnt-understand-why-police-shot-man-pointing-gun-at-them/

When Saul allegedly hid in the bushes with his gun and then pointed the gun at police, they fired at least eleven rounds.

That doesn't mean he was hit 11 times.  Just because the idiot says his brother was shot 11 times doesn't mean 11 bullets hit him.

The average number of bullets expended in a gunfight is almost 20 (last statistic I saw) but the average number of hits was less than 2.  If I recall correctly that only includes gunfights where somebody was actually hit.

A sudden adrenalin dump does not improve marksmanship. Kicks it right in the face.

It takes some very specific training and or experience to retain a steady hand in a sudden combat situation.

Nothing like a rabid coyote comming down the trail toward you on the range.  Quality range time when all you have ready is target loads!

The brother was either miss quoted in the article or he exaggerated.

My squad leader in the military police had served at fort Ord Cali. He answered a call were a solider was going to clean a .22 rifle and shot his wife in the chest. He said he found her on the kitchen floor with a sucking lung wound. He covered the wound with a piece of plastic, treated for shock and talked to her while waiting for the ambu. She died of shock before the medics arrived. If you have it in your mind that if you are ever shot, you will die. Then most likely your own mind will kill you.   

• Like 1

I've been in shock 5 times in my 43 years.

Near suffocation, pneumothorax, two broken ankles (same ankle), and a nail-gun nail (#6) in my hand.

Sick to your stomach, pale, eyes diluated, and extremely uncomfortable.

Not fun!

I'm surprised that she died from shock alone.

Edited by Sim_Player

Nothing like a rabid coyote comming down the trail toward you on the range.  Quality range time when all you have ready is target loads!

Heh how did you arrange that? ;)

Apparently the target loads did the job.

If we're going to argue caliber again, let's do AK vs AR.  Cause if you're gonna beat a dead horse, might as well beat the deadest horse.

deadhorse.gif deadhorse.gif deadhorse.gif

By that point it is already ALPO, so maybe the expression should be "kicking the can".