The land is cleared-i must have dug up 1,000 stumps! It's all mowed and ready, did it all myself, The '88 Comanche is a stump pulling beast! Have had 2 massive fires so far to get rid of cedar stumps and oak dead fall.Had the foundation built and the house delivered.

The new house is anchored on the foundation, now I have to get the electric in, pipe the well, get the septic in and the gas as well as the skirting. The septic is contracted, everything else is up to me. Stretching the G O B a bit thin, but it looks like I can be in the new home in 3-4 weeks. I have been taking a bazillion pics, but still stuck with just a chrome book, real computer is still in the shop. Will put some pics up when I get it back and have a few seconds to relax and post them.

• Like 16

The land is cleared-i must have dug up 1,000 stumps! It's all mowed and ready, did it all myself, The '88 Comanche is a stump pulling beast! Have had 2 massive fires so far to get rid of cedar stumps and oak dead fall.Had the foundation built and the house delivered.

The new house is anchored on the foundation, now I have to get the electric in, pipe the well, get the septic in and the gas as well as the skirting. The septic is contracted, everything else is up to me. Stretching the G O B a bit thin, but it looks like I can be in the new home in 3-4 weeks. I have been taking a bazillion pics, but still stuck with just a chrome book, real computer is still in the shop. Will put some pics up when I get it back and have a few seconds to relax and post them.

Hang in there young man! You'll getter! Looking forward to the pictures.

Whenever I told my Dad of a plan of mine to fix, remodel or upgrade on the house we live in, he would say "don't kill yourself, you've got the rest of your life". I turned 62 in December and had the last remnants of galvanized plumbing removed and totally upgraded the upstairs bathroom with PEX last Monday. The FIRST time in 25 1/2 years, (according to my homeowner's creed) something hasn't leaked or dripped, broke, plugged up or got infested. You got the rest of your life GOB, stay safe and savor the satisfaction knowing what you've gotten done, you'll never forget the heartache it took to get there.

post-36534-0-64291100-1424650673_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Glad to hear it GOB. When it comes to electric, remember, power off, black wires to green. Turn the hook on :)

Seriously though. Congrats. Enjoy retirement, can't wait to see those pics. I'm a young'un, but I'm starting a VERY prelimary search on retirement acreage. ( off the cuff, Montana or a gun friendly NE mountain state, if it exists) ill be pm'ing you

GOB, Settle in that house and laugh at those people that bitch about all that cold and snow when it's 28 and 4" of snow :)

• Like 1

Crazy today too. Septic is 2 weeks out, power maybe 4-bought the cat head,meter box and disconnect for the pole today, heat in trailer went out this afternoon-31 degrees tonight with freezing rain- thank GOD for back up heaters. 

This travel trailer is the  "mostly mulch II" praying it does not disintegrate before I get the occupancy permit for the new house!!!!

Thanks for reminding me Stryker. I've always wanted to do a vault like this.

Door swings out, falling stuff can block it, door should swing in.

So when in side after a storm you can open it.

EIA, keeping busy are ya GOB?

Edited by RED333