Hmm I must admit I am an addict of all things BBQ. I think about ribs EVERY DAMN DAY! But it's kinda funny you should mention that I was talkin to the gf about how I enjoy using the grill during the warm months but when it gets cold out I LOVE firing up the smoker! I live in Oklahoma and we get some hot days so I kinda puss out on manning the pit for hours on ending the summer. My idea of a good time is about 40-45 degrees with a jacket on, beer in one hand, tending to the smoker with the other, and having a couple friends over. I'll have to look through my pictures but I have one of me cooking a pork butt in a foot of snow. (A foot of snow in Oklahoma is equal to five in Boston lol) As far as EATING or THINKING about BBQ tho, it's a year round thing.

• Like 1

I might have 4 feet of packed snow around my grill, but it doesn't mean I don't use it.... I currently have 3 pounds of ribs in the fridge waiting on tomorrow. A nice southern style BBQ sauce, and o plan on serving them over brown rice with a side of sweet carrots or asparagus.  

• Like 3

BBQ always tastes better from a Chemetall Tech-cool 35048 barrel.....Fuchs is a competitor of mine, but I am glad to see that their drums are are useful for something though :) Steaks last night on the grill to celebrate the snow which never showed up! All food always tastes better over charcoal or wood on BBQ regardless of season.

Edited by Spacehog

BBQ always tastes better from a Chemetall Tech-cool 35048 barrel.....Fuchs is a competitor of mine, but I am glad to see that their drums are are useful for something though

Haha I think my father in law sells their stuff too...I just bought this one for comedic relief... And cause it had no liner

Towards the end of grilling season we ramp up production and freeze a decent amount for those real shitty days when you want barbecue but dont wanna fuck around in the snow/ice/rain. If we run out we resort to buying it or waiting for a decent day but those can be hard to come by in the winter.

The first path I shovel after every snow storm is the one to the grill.

Well I have all the ingredients just gotta make the cake

Well, I see the problem. You don't have a turkey fryer out there!

• Like 1

Funny this thread should come up. I have a little weber charcoal grill I use, but I'm hoping to buy a small weber propane grill in the spring. Hard to justify spending more than 600 bucks, though after going through a couple of no name grills that crapped out after 2 or three years, it'll be nice to have something I can actually buy parts for.

Turkey fryer? I used to use the outdoor one until I bought the butterball electric indoor one. That thing is awesome.

To the OP, yeah, winter comes around, and the barbecue stops. Too dang cold to grill

Funny this thread should come up. I have a little weber charcoal grill I use, but I'm hoping to buy a small weber propane grill in the spring. Hard to justify spending more than 600 bucks, though after going through a couple of no name grills that crapped out after 2 or three years, it'll be nice to have something I can actually buy parts for.

Turkey fryer? I used to use the outdoor one until I bought the butterball electric indoor one. That thing is awesome.

To the OP, yeah, winter comes around, and the barbecue stops. Too dang cold to grill

Anyway you cook a turkey is good! We have an electric roaster that we set on the porch. When you twist a drumstick and the bone is loose, the bird is done. Never depend on the pop-ups the stick in the breast.

I usually grill through the winter, but my tank is empty and I haven't bothered to have it filled.

Haven't tried an electric roaster but ill check it out. I did the propane outdoor for a few years and it was a massive pain in the nuts. Ended up getting the indoor electric one and it is stupid easy. 2 gallons of oil, and a little Cajun seasoning, an hour later, and bam! Awesome turkey. (Also dishwasher safe) Next best thing for the bird is slow cooker.