Live Long and Prosper

I used to rush home from school so I could watch Star Trek reruns.  I got to the point I could name the episodes in the first few seconds.

People thought that Kirk was the star of the show but Spock was always my favorite.

For a time Nimoy rejected the character, even writing a book called I Am Not Spock.  I was really glad that he came to love the character as much as the rest of us.  In 96 he wrote a second book called I Am Spock.  It's out of print but I think they'll do another printing now.

I could usually give a crap when celebrities die.  This one feels personal to me.

Yes, you are Spock, and we love and respect you for it.  You are, and always shall be, my friend.

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 4

Shit.  This really hurts.  Spock is dead.  I am 68 and remember the first TV series very well indeed.  We knew he was in the hospital with very bad lungs, but now we know he was really in bad bad shape.  Yep ... this hurts.  The dream is fading.  Thank you for posting such tragic news.  We all needed to hear it as quickly as possible.  Just me.  Warp One Mr. Spock.  HB of CJ (old coot)

• Like 1