40 Round Russian Steel 7.62x39 Magazines at AIM

They should work just fine.  They were built for the RPK and as ManCat says, are a bit unweildy.

Honestly the biggest reason to buy one is if you think they're cool.  Some people might try to justify it saying that more firepower from a fixed position is a good thing, but really....they're just a cool item to add to your collection if you're into that sort of thing.   I've seen a lot of Romanian RPK magazines, but these Russians are harder to find.

Not knocken, 40rdrs good at range, function well, picked a few romy metal 40's few years pack for $10. gotten to point usually keep a romey 20rd in weapon. Pay extra for Russian if want, yet couple places have Bulgarian synthetic, metal lined/enforced for $15 if want 40's. Have a half dozen of these. Never an issue. Usually load up 40's for family/friend shoots.

Paste this into your browser bar after their domain name.

/product.aspx?item=MAK47MV40

(respecting forum link rules)

Weird I could only get to them through the email notification.

Not knocken, 40rdrs good at range, function well, picked a few romy metal 40's few years pack for $10. gotten to point usually keep a romey 20rd in weapon. Pay extra for Russian if want, yet couple places have Bulgarian synthetic, metal lined/enforced for $15 if want 40's. Have a half dozen of these. Never an issue. Usually load up 40's for family/friend shoots.

Waffle 40's for $15?....show me, like yesterday!

Edited by Mullet Man

Waffle 40's for $15?....show me, like yesterday!

Looks like SG Ammo has them, not waffles /product/surplus/40-round-mag-ak-47-762x39-polymer-construction-made-bulgaria 

*same idea as SGL just paste product line into bar with their address before it

Edit to note: I'm pretty sure the bullet mags are only reinforced on the feed lips not the lug

Edited by VR6Shooter