Very nice, a little pricy for a X39, I loved this statement maybe old advert.

Accuracy with the readily available and affordable 762 x 30 AK47 round !!

Readily available, did O release the importation from Russia? They where the primary source right? Must be old ad.

Old news, we were talking about this last november.

Atlantic had a pre order sale on that in January and sold out back then.

I still find it hard to believe that manufactures can't keep up with demand.

I think another panic snuck up on us by surprise. You can't find hardly anything good

in stock right now. and yes, all the ammo is drying up fast too.

Edited by SHOTGUN MESSIAH

$500 more than I would pay.

I agree, it's an overpriced Heckler & Koch design in  7.62x39.  That handguard looks like it won't protect your hand with a hot barrel.

Hopefully there will be some reviews soon. Before I get excited about a gun I need to know its reliable.

I assume it's reliable being a proven H&K design.

$500 more than I would pay.

I agree, it's an overpriced Heckler & Koch design in  7.62x39.  That handguard looks like it won't protect your hand with a hot barrel.

Hopefully there will be some reviews soon. Before I get excited about a gun I need to know its reliable.

I assume it's reliable being a proven H&K design.

Whether something is overpriced depends on what people are willing to pay.  If people are paying it, it's not overpriced.  That is a separate issue from whether or not you are willing to pay it.

As far as reliability, a good design can always be fucked up by poor execution.  If it's reliable it moves to my "want" list.

• Like 1

My PTR 91 Has been problem free right from the box, probably got close to 1000 rnds through it.

PTR is a solid company with solid products, I don't see why this would be any different. 

My next 7.62 x 39 platform rifle will be the PTR 32 Gen 2. If it is half as good as my 91 It will be great.

But like everything else I want right now it is unavailable as well. I think Atlantic must have exclusive rights

to sell this rifle because they are the only ones who even had it for sale and they sold out of the first round

in weeks. If you go to PTR's site and look up dealers , Atlantic is the only dealer that comes up.

Maybe when they make enough guns to keep up with demand, they might eventually branch out.

They say that the blowback roller system will make the 7.62 x 39 a more accurate round but I wont

know for sure until I shoot it. I can however say my 91 is extremely accurate. But that is also the

proven .308 round. I hope these become readily available by summer. I have had my eye on these

since the press release last fall. I almost dropped the dime and ordered me one of the pre sale models

back in January from Atlantic. I'll let the newness wear off a bit and maybe get one towards the end of the year

if they become readily available by then. But the way things are now makes me wonder. I swear there is another full blown panic happening as we speak. Or maybe it's just a coincidence that everything I want right now is sold out and backorderd.

post-46572-0-44917800-1425780407_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Did anybody see the weight listed on this one?

Looks like a very nice rifle, but it goes against my concept of staying with simple AK rifles.

And has been said, it's expensive.

I'd have some concern over parts availability too.

every part you would ever need.http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/home.asp   Parts are very plentiful for PTR. They are an American company that builds and makes everything in America.

No imported parts on any stock PTR that I am aware of.

considering saigas , vepers and arsenal are all close to or over a thousand dollars now I consider this a bargain.

But I do believe the price will come down a bit once supply catches up with demand.

The biggest complaint I have about the PTR91 is the location of the mag release.  If the mag release was in the right place I'd probably have one.

The PTR32 has the mag release in the correct location.

DARTH,

I DO BELIEVE THAT THERE'S SOME YOU-TUBE VIDS ON THE '32.

JESS1344

YUP, HERE'S A COUPLE:

Click here: ** (7) Metacon Assault Rifle Match ~ PTR 32 Carbine On The Firing Line** - YouTube

ON THE METACON VID, YOU'LL OBSERVE THAT THE SHOOTER HAS ZERO PROBLEMS WITH THE 75RND DRUM, BUT HAS SEVERAL MIS-FEEDS WITH THE STICK MAG.

IF YOU WILL NOTICE, HOWEVER, THE MIS-FEEDS SEEM TO COINCIDE WITH HIM RESTING THE GUN ON THE STICK MAG FOR SUPPORT, WHEN FIRING PRONE.

CAUSE AND EFFECT??

HE NEEDS AN FSC-47 MUZZLE BRAKE/FLASH SUPPRESSOR ON THAT THING, TOO.....

JESS1344
Edited by JESS1344

Youtube is full of videos on every subject under the sun.

I haven't seen much useful about the PTR32 Gen 2 yet. A couple of sales pitches from Atlantic and a PTR sales pitch from the shot show. A guy who talks for 4 1/2 minutes but doesn't even shoot the rifle. And a guy who does a FA mag dump (which at least shows that one rifle can shoot one magazine without a failure).

I'd like to see some genuine reviews by people I trust.

The biggest complaint I have about the PTR91 is the location of the mag release.  If the mag release was in the right place I'd probably have one.

The PTR32 has the mag release in the correct location.

As with every problem there is a solution…http://www.ebay.com/itm/PTR-91-308-EXTENDED-MAGAZINE-RELASE-KIT-FREE-SHIPPING-IN-THE-48-HK-G3-STYLE-/261805486659?

I have one of these coming as we speak. I hear ya about mag release. You have to take your hand completely off the trigger and bring it around to hit the mag release.

With this invention you can do it how it should be done. 

The only thing I can say is wrong with the PTR is it does eat up your cases. So if your a reloader you will probably have an issue with that.

I don't reload so it is not a problem for me.And you would spend half the day trying to retriever your cases anyways as this gun ejects them 40 feet or better.

Great Great Great rifle, I would expect the 32 to be no different.

I'm thinking the 32 is the exact same gun as the 91 in everyway except for the magwell

• 3 weeks later...

I did want one of those 32's but opted for a I.O. AKM 47C instead. And very glad I did. About half the price.

A $1000 dollar+ gun wasn't in the budget this yearsmile.png  I'll give it a year or so and maybe the price will

come down a bit on the 32 (yeah right). We can only hope.

I got this I.O. AK and 3000 rounds for the price of the 32…so it is all is good ……happy shooting

post-46572-0-51991400-1427643314_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I don't need another x39.  I really don't.

But once I see the reviews about how great the rifle is I will feel that itch, and it won't stop until I scratch it.

I almost hope the reviews are terrible.

• Like 1

I don't need another x39.  I really don't.

But once I see the reviews about how great the rifle is I will feel that itch, and it won't stop until I scratch it.

I almost hope the reviews are terrible.

I take other peoples firearms reviews with a grain of salt. With that said, some early reviews of the 32 Gen 2, it still seems to be very picky as to what mags will work with it.

It won't cycle every type of mag out there like a traditional AK will. Which is really no big deal, just buy the mags that work in it…right.

I'll give it a year and see what more people have to say about it. I like it just because I'm extremely happy with the PTR 91, and this would make a nice companion.

If it's mag picky that's a no-go for me.  I saw that mentioned on the product page at Atlantic with the first batch.  This is what it says now:

"The PTR 32 Rifles will take most standard AK47 mags , we have tested them with P-Mag, Tapco, Russian Bakelite ,Polish, Egyptian and other metal surplus mags and all worked very well.  ... Will not work with Bolt Hold Open mags or metal AK drums."

I can understand the problem with bolt hold open mags since the bolt is a completely different design.