You think my rear trunnion looks ok?

I bought this S12 back in 2009 . Shot 3" Winchester mags through it  before I even knew what the gas adjustment setting was for and numerous Wal Mart loads  just wondering if whatever setting it was on caused to much gas in the system and slammed that charging handle into the rear trunnion.. You guys think it looks  ok or is it pretty common looking. I notice a little mushrooming on the tang that hits the trigger. Thanks

219266ca-4635-45a8-a082-79b2ae90d77f_zps

Snapshot%203%203-2-2015%201-46%20PM_zpsp

Snapshot%204%203-2-2015%201-46%20PM_zpsr

post-15609-0-66637000-1425332862_thumb.png

actually haven't shot this thing since 2010 but the times I did I didn't know if those 3 inch magnums did damage and having the wrong gas setting I just now took it out last week

It looks like new.

Are you sure you've shot it? (JK)

Edited by thx1971

thx 1971,

YOU CAN DO LIKE I DID, AND GET ONE OF GUNFIX'R'S 4 POSITION ADJUSTABLE GAS PLUGS.

MY UNDERSTANDING IS, HIS IS THE ORIGINAL 4 POSITION MANUALLY ADJUSTABLE GAS PLUG.

I HAVE ONE ON MY S-12, AND S-410.

LINCOLNCOREGULATOR@YAHOO.COM

JESS1344 

He said he didn't know about the factory gas plug at all while running 3"... Nothing is wrong with his setup, He just didn't use the #1 setting for the hot stuff. 

Gunfixxer's multi position hand adjustible plug was the first, and for a while it was sold through MD arms until MD started selling their own. I think the Tac47 autoplug is the way to go, which is why they are on both of mine. (with my magnum mod, of course.) But the OP should be fine without buying things so long as he remembers to change his settings. One tip is to put a notch on the factory forend by the detent plunger. That way he can depress the plunger with his finger while turning the knob. No tools required, unless the threads are very carboned up.