The description makes it sound decent. Trigger weight and stroke sound good. Let's see if that is for real. Not excited about mag compatibility though.

I think the serrations are kinda ugly, but they are about what I would actually want. I find many handguns are hard for me to get a good grip on with my weak left hand, especially if I have any blood or sweat on them. About the only good grip on the m9 and clones is the contour at the muzzle and on the m9s the safety/decocker. I really applauded the wings on the new HK striker pistol (VP9 I think?)

Mostly though, why do they keep releasing pistols in full size first. If they offered it in a subcompact single stack first, I'd be a lot more interested.

Also needs a ambo thumb safety.  Just for fun here and now;  the "bean counters"  will probably be able to predict 10 USA deaths in the next 25 years due to the lack of the aforementioned ambo thumb safety.  Why does it not have one?  Curious. 

Why is the mag capacity less with the hot 9x21?  Are they going to make it in a hot capable 10 mm?  How about a 10 mm mag?  I grew up with the 1911 platform from a kids age, sooss the necessity of the thumb safety will ALWAYS be with me.  Fifty five years worth. 

I will never be able to break away from this.  Just me for sure.  If you do not need the thumb safety, just do not use it.  HB of CJ (old coot) very old today.  Old, old, old, but still with a smile on my face.  Not quite dead yet.  I will NOT mention the lady friend. smile.pngsmile.pngsmile.png

• Like 1

I'm glad at the lack of thumb safety. That would be a deal breaker for me. 

It's the gaping sore on the side of the '92. 'G models' solve the issue, but in a crude location.

The description makes it sound decent. Trigger weight and stroke sound good. Let's see if that is for real. Not excited about mag compatibility though.

I think the serrations are kinda ugly, but they are about what I would actually want. I find many handguns are hard for me to get a good grip on with my weak left hand, especially if I have any blood or sweat on them. About the only good grip on the m9 and clones is the contour at the muzzle and on the m9s the safety/decocker. I really applauded the wings on the new HK striker pistol (VP9 I think?)

Mostly though, why do they keep releasing pistols in full size first. If they offered it in a subcompact single stack first, I'd be a lot more interested.

GUNFUN,

SEEN THIS?

GLOCKSTORE HAS THESE; THERE'S THREE VARIATIONS, THE COMPETITION VERSION, THE  "LONGHORN" WITH A GOOD SIZED HOOK ON EITHER SIDE, THE "SHORTHORN", WITH A MUCH SMALLER HOOK ON THE SIDE (LEFT OR RIGHT) OF YOUR CHOICE, AND THE CONCEALED CARRY VERSION, SEEN BELOW, THE "NO-HORN".

I REALLY LIKE IT, BUT I'D CHANGE THREE THINGS IF I WERE MAKING IT:

1. SEE THE SHARP CORNERS ON THAT THING, WELL ACTUALLY, WHERE THEY USED TO BE. THOSE CORNERS WERE EATING MY RIBS UP AND HAD TO GO, VIA THE DREMEL AND A COARSE POLISHING BUFF.

2.  IT'S A ONE SIZE FITS ALL PROPOSITION. IT'S SHOWN ON A G22, BUT IT WILL ALSO FIT THE .45/10mm GUNS WITH THE WIDER SLIDE. I'D MAKE TWO SIZES, ONE FOR THE G17/22, ET AL, WIDTH SLIDE, AND ONE FOR THE .45/10mm GUNS.

3.  ON THE FIRST ONE I GOT, THE RECESS MACHINED INTO THE  COVER PLATE (WHICH THIS REPLACES) WAS TOO SMALL IN DIAMETER TO PERMIT THE LITTLE PLASTIC THINGY ON THE BACK OF THE STRIKER ASSY., TO SEAT DOWN INTO SAID RECESS, THEREBY LOCKING THE NO HORN IN PLACE, AS IT DOES ON THE ORIGINAL COVER PLATE.

YOU COULD PLACE YOUR THUMBS ON THE TWO NUBS AND PUSH DOWN, AND IT'D SLIDE RIGHT BACK OFF; IF YOU GET ONE, PERFORM THAT TEST BEFORE CARRYING OR SHOOTING IT.

A QUICK CALL, WITH A SALES REP AT THE GLOCKSTORE, GOT A REPLACEMENT UNDERWAY, ALONG WITH A PREPAID MAILING STICKER. WHEN THE REPLACEMENT ARRIVED, THE OLD ONE, IN ITS BLISTER PACK WENT RIGHT INTO THE SMALL PADDED ENVELOPE, WITH THE NEW STICKER AFFIXED, AND IT WAS DROPPED IN THE MAIL.

THE SECOND ONE FIT, AS DID A THIRD, THAT NOW RESIDES ON A G19, MY "TEACHING" GUN (ALONG WITH IT'S .22 CONVERSION UNIT).

SOME STUDENTS, IN PARTICULAR THE FEMALES, THOUGH THEY LIKED THE GUN, DIDN'T HAVE THE HAND STRENGTH TO MANIPULATE THE SLIDE.

THAT'S NO LONGER A PROBLEM.  

THEY'RE PRETTY PROUD OF THESE THINGS, AT $50.00 PER, BUT THE WAY AROUND THAT IS TO SIGN UP FOR THEIR TUESDAY SPECIALS, WHEN THEY'RE ONLY $39.99.

JESS1344

post-45478-0-13732200-1425606581_thumb.jpg

post-45478-0-88786900-1425606633_thumb.jpg

post-45478-0-53016600-1425606682_thumb.jpg

post-45478-0-00585400-1425606738_thumb.jpg

Edited by JESS1344

Interesting, but it looks pretty crude. More functional than the loop one I have seen on some though. I don't own a glock, and don't really want to. Maybe the baby 10mm someday when I have the several other guns I would want first though.

Interesting, but it looks pretty crude. More functional than the loop one I have seen on some though. I don't own a glock, and don't really want to. Maybe the baby 10mm someday when I have the several other guns I would want first though.

GUNFUN,

CRUDE IS SIMPLE - SIMPLE IS GOOD.

OR SO I'VE HEARD.

NOT REALLY ANYTHING THAT CAN GO WRONG WITH IT, EXCEPT FOR THAT FITMENT ISSUE ON THE FIRST ONE.

ONE NEVER KNOWS WHEN YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO MANIPULATE THE SLIDE WITH WET-MUDDY-BLOODY-WEAK/INJURED HAND(S).

AS ONE OF THE OLD TIME GUNFIGHTERS (JORDAN? CIRILLO?ASKINS?) USED TO SAY: IF YOU  KNEW YOU WERE HEADED INTO A FIGHT, YOU'D HAVE BRUNG A SHOTGUN, AND FRIENDS WITH SHOTGUNS, PARAPHRASING JUST A TAD.

I JUST WISH THEY'D MAKE THEM SIZE-APPROPRIATE, AS NOTED ABOVE, AS IT HANGS A BIT WIDE ON THE SLIMMER G17/22 SIZED SLIDES.

JESS1344

I wanted a luger till I had a luger, nice to look at a felt great in my hand but kind of temperamental on ammo and functioning. none of my glocks have ever been problem children, but they ain't pretty. 

my luger didn't look like the one above either other than general shape, by the time I got it, it had seen better days.

I wanted a luger till I had a luger, nice to look at a felt great in my hand but kind of temperamental on ammo and functioning. none of my glocks have ever been problem children, but they ain't pretty. 

my luger didn't look like the one above either other than general shape, by the time I got it, it had seen better days.

4THDOC,

U.S. LOADED 9P EXCEPTING THE +P AND +P+ STUFF IS A BIT ANEMIC IN IT'S STANDARD VELOCITY LOADING, COMPARED TO THE GERMAN STUFF IT WAS SPEC'D WITH.

I REMEMBER BACK IN THE DAY, WHEN HUNTERS LODGE WAS SELLING NRA GOOD LUGERS FOR $39.95, A LOT OF COMPLAINTS FROM LUGER PURCHASERS, ABOUT MALFUNCTIONS.

THIS WAS BACK WHEN THERE WAS NO HOLLOW POINT AMMO MFG. FOR 9P (OR ANY OTHER SEMI-AUTO ROUND, REALLY), AND EVERYTHING WAS "STANDARD VELOCITY", IE, 124GR. @ 1120FPS, AS I RECALL.

I BELIEVE THAT SOMEBODY WROTE INTO THE NRA ABOUT THIS, AND THE NRA LABS RESEARCHED IT, AND THAT WAS THEIR ANSWER.

THEIR IMPERICAL TEST, AS I DIMLY REMEMBER, WAS TO TAKE AN EXEMPLAR LUGER, IN PERFECT WORKING ORDER, AND GOOD MAGAZINES, AND FEED IT WITH U.S. LOADED AMMO, AND THEN SOME LOADED TO GERMAN MIL-SPEC.

RESULT: MALFUNCTIONS WITH THE U.S. STUFF, NONE WITH THE GERMAN-SPEC STUFF.

YOU COULD HAUNT THE VARIOUS AMMO COMPANIES BALLISTIC TABLES, AND FIND THE LIGHTEST LOADED +P STUFF, AND TRY THAT.

IN FACT, THE NATO-SPEC 9P SHOULD BE JUST ABOUT RIGHT, EXCEPT THAT ITS FMJ.

JESS1344

Want style, capacity and ambi thumb safety in a polymer frame striker fired pistol? Try the Ruger SR9, very nice gun, especially the stainless version (which I own).

Other than the stupid safety, the HUGE loaded chamber indicator, the paragraph and the pointless magazine disconnect, I quite liked the SR9c my friend just sold for a sig. The trigger on it was the best of the plastic guns I have shot, and it generally felt easy to hit with. 

4THDOC,

U.S. LOADED 9P EXCEPTING THE +P AND +P+ STUFF IS A BIT ANEMIC IN IT'S STANDARD VELOCITY LOADING, COMPARED TO THE GERMAN STUFF IT WAS SPEC'D WITH.

I REMEMBER BACK IN THE DAY, WHEN HUNTERS LODGE WAS SELLING NRA GOOD LUGERS FOR $39.95, A LOT OF COMPLAINTS FROM LUGER PURCHASERS, ABOUT MALFUNCTIONS.

THIS WAS BACK WHEN THERE WAS NO HOLLOW POINT AMMO MFG. FOR 9P (OR ANY OTHER SEMI-AUTO ROUND, REALLY), AND EVERYTHING WAS "STANDARD VELOCITY", IE, 124GR. @ 1120FPS, AS I RECALL.

I BELIEVE THAT SOMEBODY WROTE INTO THE NRA ABOUT THIS, AND THE NRA LABS RESEARCHED IT, AND THAT WAS THEIR ANSWER.

THEIR IMPERICAL TEST, AS I DIMLY REMEMBER, WAS TO TAKE AN EXEMPLAR LUGER, IN PERFECT WORKING ORDER, AND GOOD MAGAZINES, AND FEED IT WITH U.S. LOADED AMMO, AND THEN SOME LOADED TO GERMAN MIL-SPEC.

RESULT: MALFUNCTIONS WITH THE U.S. STUFF, NONE WITH THE GERMAN-SPEC STUFF.

YOU COULD HAUNT THE VARIOUS AMMO COMPANIES BALLISTIC TABLES, AND FIND THE LIGHTEST LOADED +P STUFF, AND TRY THAT.

IN FACT, THE NATO-SPEC 9P SHOULD BE JUST ABOUT RIGHT, EXCEPT THAT ITS FMJ.

JESS1344

I've read much the same thing. I want one for cool. It's old, so I would put up with malfunctions. But I would also load ammo specifically for what it likes. Mild +P LRN is pretty much what I make most of the time anyway.

Want style, capacity and ambi thumb safety in a polymer frame striker fired pistol? Try the Ruger SR9, very nice gun, especially the stainless version (which I own).

Other than the stupid safety, the HUGE loaded chamber indicator, the paragraph and the pointless magazine disconnect, I quite liked the SR9c my friend just sold for a sig. The trigger on it was the best of the plastic guns I have shot, and it generally felt easy to hit with.

By *stupid safety*, I assume you mean the trigger safety? I don't even notice it. The magazine disconnect and LCI can be removed if so desired. It does have the "lawyer trigger", but all in all its pretty nice and has a heck of a lot better looks than a glock. Unfortunately, there isn't much aftermarket stuff available...

I'm pretty sure that striker-fired Beretta was designed specifically for the latest round of Army pistol tests. (Deja-Vu all over again!)

That's why it's more "servicable" than pretty, and why they didn't bring out a "compact" version of it.   ;)

I'd like to see some practical tests of it, myself.

Probably wouldn't buy one, though, because I have a Taurus 24/7 Long Slide .45 ACP that I enjoy very much!  :D

I meant the redundant frame safety on a striker fired gun that has a long and moderately heavy pull.

The trigger dongles are stupid too. Glock's dongle was a way of marketing to military requirements that the gun have a "safety" without actually putting on a manual safety which does anything. Everyone else has copied this. I don't mind the trigger dongle on any of them including the Ruger SR9 series, but I still think it is pointless. Describe for me a single unintentional discharge which would happen without the glock dongle, but is prevented by it. Anything which pulls one portion of the trigger will pull both, whether finger or foreign object. 

The real safety mechanism on a glock or similar is the same as on a DA revolver. The trigger stroke is sufficiently long and heavy to prevent an unintentional press. Some would say the SR9 Series is light enough that it needs a frame safety. I am not one of them, but I wouldn't mock someone who disagrees. It's a judgement call, and Ruger almost always judges that its customers are incompetent. If you are going to have a frame safety though, there's no excuse not to have a nice crisp single action style trigger.

That's where it falls down for me. Either a short-light SA trigger and a frame safety, or a longer heavier trigger such that a pull must be more deliberate. One or the other, but not both. Feel free to disagree, and buy something I wouldn't.

I'm pretty sure that striker-fired Beretta was designed specifically for the latest round of Army pistol tests. (Deja-Vu all over again!)

That's why it's more "servicable" than pretty, and why they didn't bring out a "compact" version of it.   wink.png

I'd like to see some practical tests of it, myself.

Probably wouldn't buy one, though, because I have a Taurus 24/7 Long Slide .45 ACP that I enjoy very much!  biggrin.png

They must have taken too long to be ready for the current US trials though, because they keep only submitting M9 variants which the military keeps rejecting almost instantly.

I've been carrying an SR9c for three years now and I can tell you guys that it really is a great little handgun.  I've introduced many law enforcement officers to it and all have been impressed with the feel and features.  Every single one has been impressed in particular with the mag safety because they all agree that most cops are shot with their own weapons.  They like the idea that with the ambi mag release they can drop the mag in a struggle and transition to a secondary weapon safely without the fear of getting shot with their own gun.

• Like 1