Universal Registration er I mean Background Checks

They will never stop. They know this won't work. They know the people don't want it. But tyrants gotta tyrant.

http://news.yahoo.com/lawmakers-taking-another-crack-expanding-gun-checks-223511946.html;_ylt=AwrSyCS1c_hUJWYA6sKZmolQ

This won't go anywhere but it shows why we can never rest. They won't.

• Like 5

The communist needs to keep the ideas fresh in the minds of group thinking individuals. The more exposure they give this horse shit, the more it sticks and becomes acceptable. Kinda like income tax.

The only reason we are not slave workers in a third world country running around afraid of our government is that we are ARMED TO THE FUCKING TEETH and wont put up with any forced labor.

• Like 2

Wow!  This is incredible!  The government actually "thinks", (it's alive!) that they have the RIGHT to stick their long dirty noses into every aspect of our own daily private lives?  Including firearm private sales, barter or arrangements?  What about butcher knives or off road heavy equipment?  Seems to silly me there are thousands of things more potentially dangerous than a firearm.

And ... never start a new paragraph with a conjunction.  No!  Wait!  What I mean is that this has nothing to do with public safety or welfare and everything to do with a TREASONOUS ACT!!  Bashing the Second Amendment.  People, 200 years ago, such ideas would result in being tarred and feathered, run out of town on a rail, and tossed into the river.  Why do we allow such total shit?

Time for another series of Snail Mail letters and E-mails.  Why do I get the feeling that I am wasting my time?  HB of CJ (old coot)

• Like 1

My saiga 12 was a private deal. He glanced at my driver's license, I handed him the cash, we shook on it. Everybody is happy, and ignorance is bliss (for the gov at least).

When they enact the laws, like they have in NY, will you take the chance?

MANY have gotten pinched in stings perpetrated by enforcement agents who's departments have stated that they won't enforce unconstitutional laws.

Ignorance is bliss for the ignorant.

• Like 1

I live in washinton state. We are currently fighting this at a practical level through the SAF's lawsuit. I will be helping with a CLE (lawyer education conference) that my boss is putting together on the topic of I-594 some time in April. 

There are a lot of pro 2A attorneys who will be getting together to get informed and develop some strategies. I think there are numerous practical challenges that can be made to the law, but they need evaluation before I could make any more concrete claims about their merits. 

• Like 1

I live in washinton state. We are currently fighting this at a practical level through the SAF's lawsuit. I will be helping with a CLE (lawyer education conference) that my boss is putting together on the topic of I-594 some time in April. 

There are a lot of pro 2A attorneys who will be getting together to get informed and develop some strategies. I think there are numerous practical challenges that can be made to the law, but they need evaluation before I could make any more concrete claims about their merits. 

although I dont live in Washington state, I made a donation to SAF a few weeks ago for that lawsuit, because that I-594 Bloomberg bullshit is coming here to Oregon next and most likely will be worse since the last attack in Washington was a victory for the anti's I hope for All our sakes it gets the beat down

• Like 1

They will never stop. They know this won't work. They know the people don't want it. But tyrants gotta tyrant.

http://news.yahoo.com/lawmakers-taking-another-crack-expanding-gun-checks-223511946.html;_ylt=AwrSyCS1c_hUJWYA6sKZmolQ

This won't go anywhere but it shows why we can never rest. They won't.

DARTH,

THAT'S A GOOD LINE, BROTHER.

I'M GOING TO ADD IT TO MY INVENTORY!

JESS1344

Under the current system, cashiers at stores selling guns call in to check with the FBI or other designated agencies to ensure the customer doesn't have a criminal background. Many lawmakers want to expand such checks to sales at gun shows and purchases made through the Internet.

Let's see if I can make that statement NOT a lie...

Under the current system, cashiers at stores all licensed dealers selling guns in stores, at gun shows, over the internet, or anywhere else call in to check with the FBI or other designated agencies to ensure the customer doesn't have a criminal background. Many lawmakers want to expand such checks to private person to person sales at gun shows and private purchases made person to person through the Internet.

• Like 2

How the “Gun Show Loophole” Keeps Us Free

Given that the majority of criminals using guns either:

A – Bought them legally and passed a background check, or

B – Stole them, or

C – Bought them on the black market,

It seems there is little evidence that expanded or “universal” background checks would have any impact on violent crime.

Why then is the left so determined to ram this through?

Let’s do a thought experiment.  Say the government decides tomorrow that semi-automatic “assault weapons” are so dangerous that citizens can’t be trusted to own them.

So they grab all the background check data that the government can’t legally keep but we all know they do anyway…  Right there on the list it shows that you bought a evil black AR47 Assault Weapon back in 1998.

So they come straight to your door and demand that you turn over this EBR immediately.  Alas, you tell them, that was sold at a gun show last year and no you don’t remember anything about the guy who bought it.  Well this makes the brown shirts very angry because they don’t know who has it or if you really sold it.  But selling person-to-person is legal so what can they do?

They move on to your neighbor’s house to confiscate his Glock 1911 and amazingly enough he sold that last year too.

You get the point.

Now imagine that there are “universal” background checks on every gun transfer.  Brown shirts come to your door and demand your AR47.  If you tell them you sold it without a background check on the buyer you’re a felon.

So why do they really want universal background checks?  It is irrelevant to violent crime, but it is an essential step on the road to confiscation.

• Like 5

My saiga 12 was a private deal. He glanced at my driver's license, I handed him the cash, we shook on it. Everybody is happy, and ignorance is bliss (for the gov at least).

And now it in their data base.

They will NEVER give up.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/03/gun-owners-should-support-background-checks-115953.html

quotes from MIKE THOMPSON, Kommiefornia congresscritter

I’m a hunter and gun owner. I support the Second Amendment.

Wish I had a dollar for every anti-gun article that started with those words.

On Dec. 14, 2012, I was in a duck blind when my phone buzzed with a breaking news alert. Twenty children and six educators had been gunned down at an elementary school in Newtown, Connecticut.

I just threw up in my mouth.

Does anybody actually believe that bullshit? "Oh I'm such a dedicated gun owner that I had a gun in my hands when I heard the horrible news..."

If you’re a Second Amendment supporter like me,

I'm not a Second Amendment supporter "like you". I'm a Second Amendment supporter. I understand what "Shall Not Be Infringed" means. You are one of the ones who infringes.

This is a rationale that an overwhelming majority of gun owners support. It’s one that even the National Rifle Association used to support before it changed its stance. Ironically, by flip-flopping on expanded background checks, the gun lobby has undermined a legitimate effort to reduce gun violence and, in doing so, has left the door open for more stringent restrictions on Second Amendment rights in the future.

This paragraph pisses me off the most. "If you don't support universal background checks registration, then you are asking for more severe gun control.  So you better get behind this.  Or I won't be responsible for the bad things that happen to you."

But this paragraph also gives me hope.  It reminds me that the NRA saw the light on UBCs and changed their stance.

Critics immediately said the bill was a threat to the Second Amendment. It isn’t. If it were, my name wouldn’t be on it.

Again vomit in my mouth.

But I think he actually believes this crap. He believes congress has magic powers and wonderful intentions. He must also believe in unicorns and the tooth fairy.

Even IF registration could stop a small percentage of gun crimes the end result of the government having a complete database of gun owners WOULD be used to confiscate soon enough. And that's why we must say NO.

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 1

When on the defensive, losing once may be all it takes.

They can attack over and over again with no loss to themselves.

Playing defense only will eventually lose.

I completely agree with that. The reaction is usually defensive, like green tip ban results in some temporary outrage, lots of letters until ATF says "ok, we'll listen to your comments before making out decision."

The course of action should be to completely defund those dickheads and drive that initiative now until it's done. These mini-bans are small encroachments, little at a time to tighten the nuts quarter turn at a time.

They will NEVER give up.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/03/gun-owners-should-support-background-checks-115953.html

quotes from MIKE THOMPSON, Kommiefornia congresscritter

I’m a hunter and gun owner. I support the Second Amendment.

Wish I had a dollar for every anti-gun article that started with those words.

yep, that one is GOLD. Was he a "warmint hunter?" like our local POS Mitt Romney?

I don't just support 2a, I support the notion that the Constitution is the Law of the Land and all amendments carry their meaning regardless how much I want to get some of these libtards to STFU.