CHAOS quad rail canted/off center

this all happened about a year ago i think. i had ordered a choas quad rail for my newly converted saiga 223. i ordered it from carolina shooter supply. i was way to giddy to care about the fact that they didnt provide installation instructions (or else i didnt see them in teh box which dont believe to be the case). when i was done installing it, i looked it over and then looked down the sights and noticed that the top rail was canted to the left. i was extremely disappointed and asked chaos customer support about the issue and they said to check if the  receiver was bent during conversion and some other stuff which i forgot since i didnt have time to do it at the time. now that i took teh gun to the range recently (i dont get to go often) to see if all the internal parts functioned correctly i have a renewed interest in my rifle. i looked at it a bit closer a couple days ago and noticed taht the rear of the bottom rail that is screwed into the reciever block thing (the chunk of metal that screws into the bottom front of the reciever) is off center in relatoin to the reciever block by about 1mm ( i think ). i did mess around with with pretty much every screw on the rail system trying to get the top part to go on. there were 2 screws that held the receiver block to the main body of the rail system which i messed with to try to fix it. not sure if any of the screws were factory set and shouldnt have been messed with. i have no idea how to fix it. im going to contact chaos again and also CSS.

if anyone has had a similar problem and has a fix please let me know.

Edited by Zach93

Take your bottom half of the chaos and the top half off. Set them both open end down on a flat surface, like say a granite counter top. Now, do they wobble, like say a table with uneven legs? If not then the rail is straight.

Okay, now you need to look if your sight blocks/gas blocks on your rifle are canted. If you have a vice,  field strip your rifle, (use soft jaws or some blocks of wood to keep from scaring your gun) put your receiver in the vice, and place a level perpendicular to the sight alignment across the top rails of the of the receiver. Now you should be able to look down the receiver and see if anything doesn't line up straight. You can even place the level vertical across the rear sight block to see how level it is, so long you can find a flat spot for it to fit flush.

i looked at my rifle and saw that the front sight post is canted. also possibly the rear sight. havent had time to make another post due to my job. i will try levels on different parts of the gun and all that. i will also try to confirm if some parts i have purchased for my rifle fit correctly so others can make more informed decisions. thanks i will report back when i level my gun.

EDIT: did some research and apparently a goot amount of rifles that come out of the factories have canted sights and are passed by QC because they can still be zeroed. they just look odd.

Edited by Zach93