I buy all the reasonably priced x39 that I can as I think they will go after it and mags next . The Russian stuff is still around but what happens when that runs out . I have not seen any tiger at SG  in a while . If I could I thik it would be to pick up a bunch of mags . When the Russian stuff runs out [ I don't know if it is affected by the ban but if they impose tougher sanctions they might get it next. ] The only thing left would be Red Army stuff .

I buy all the reasonably priced x39 that I can as I think they will go after it and mags next . The Russian stuff is still around but what happens when that runs out . I have not seen any tiger at SG in a while . If I could I thik it would be to pick up a bunch of mags . When the Russian stuff runs out [ I don't know if it is affected by the ban but if they impose tougher sanctions they might get it next. ] The only thing left would be Red Army stuff .

nothing is running out, just being bought. There were no restrictions on Russian ammo with the last round of sanctions.

I buy all the reasonably priced x39 that I can as I think they will go after it and mags next . The Russian stuff is still around but what happens when that runs out . I have not seen any tiger at SG in a while . If I could I thik it would be to pick up a bunch of mags . When the Russian stuff runs out [ I don't know if it is affected by the ban but if they impose tougher sanctions they might get it next. ] The only thing left would be Red Army stuff .

nothing is running out, just being bought. There were no restrictions on Russian ammo with the last round of sanctions.

Yes I know nothing is running out , but what if they impose new sanctions . I do not believe we could get our representatives on board to save x 39 . I do not believe we have the help to save it as what is going on with the green tips . The x 39 is imported guns and would not affect the big manufacturers they would not care as most of them only produce 1gun chambered in that caliber . We would not see the uproar that we are seeing now ,none of the big ammo companys make x39 with the exception of Hornady , but I am sure they would step up and make us some for 20.00 a box  and if Hitlarry runs and wins IN 2016 GOD HELP US ALL . You better get a few extra mags if you don't have enough I  am .

I'm pretty sure every major ammo company around makes x39. I know Federal, Winchester, and Remington all make it, just at a much higher price than the steel case Russian. I think the biggest fear is importation bans on anything else the King feels he can EO a stop to. Since it's all for the police officers safety, or the kids, or the old people. You know whoever he can throw under the bus with him

• Like 3

SHOTGUN,

I'LL PRESUME YOU'RE ASKING ME........

FMJ FOR PAPER PUNCHING, ETC., AND HOLLOW POINTS FOR ANYTHING WITH A PULSE.

EVERY AK I'VE DONE ANY WORK ON, MINE OR MY BUDS, NEEDED THE CHAMBER RAMPED TO FEED HOLLOW POINTS THOUGH, EXCEPT OUR SGL'S, WHICH CAME ALREADY NICELY RAMPED FROM ARSENAL.

ALL OF THEM WOULD MANGLE/SMASH SHUT THE HOLLOW POINT, TO THE POINT THAT I BELIEVE IT WOULD AFFECT ACCURACY, AND ON RARE OCCASION CAUSE A MIS-FEED.

WHEN SOMETHING IS CAUSING AN AK TO MIS-FEED, YOU KNOW THERE'S A PROBLEM.

MY ROMANIAN AES10-B ABSOLUTELY REFUSED TO FEED HOLLOW POINTS, UNTIL I RAMPED THE CHAMBER.

I SHOOT ALMOST EXCLUSIVELY BROWN BEAR, AND THEIR HOLLOW POINTS WILL TEAR SOMETHING A NEW ASS.

JESS1344

Edited by JESS1344

since we are on the subject of x39…..what round do you prefer, HP or FMJ, and why.

Popular opinion seems to be that x39 HP vs. FMJ is not much difference in general.

The HP is said not to expand or fragment much differently than the FMJ.

There's not much ability to pick and choose the quality of the projectile on cheap x39 ammo.

The more expensive soft point stuff should certainly fragment better though with less penetration.

The exception to the rule of imported ammo is 8m3. It fragments. Wolf Military Classic 124gr hp used to be loaded with this bullet. I don't know if it still is. Tula 124gr hp was also loaded with this bullet but also don't know about that now.

Maybe somebody knows for sure what ammo is loaded with this bullet these days, if any.

• Like 1

The exception to the rule of imported ammo is 8m3. It fragments. Wolf Military Classic 124gr hp used to be loaded with this bullet. I don't know if it still is. Tula 124gr hp was also loaded with this bullet but also don't know about that now.

Maybe somebody knows for sure what ammo is loaded with this bullet these days, if any.

I bought some of the Wolf 124gr Mil Classic 4-6 months back and could NOT find the cuts inside the hollow point with a pin. Its possible im just an idiot though.

Generally im happy with any x39 ammo, as long as its Golden Tiger.

I'm fortunate to have a few cases of GT. But I now consider it too valuable to shoot.beaten.gif

I just dug through my stash and checked the WMC 124 I recently bought.  No cuts.  Also checked the last case of Tula 124 I bought.  It has the cuts.

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 1

GUYS,

HERE YOU GO; FOR SOME REASON, I COULD NOT GET THESE PICS TO OPEN ON MY LAST COMMENT ABOVE, SO LETS SEE WHAT WE HAVE HERE.....

post-45478-0-23015400-1425873081_thumb.jpg

THIS IS BARNAUL SOFT POINT, FIRED INTO 2  2 1/2 GALLON JUGS SET

END TO END AT 30YDS. WENT THROUGH FIRST JUG, STOPPED IN THE SECOND.

PRETTY GOOD BIT OF DAMAGE TO BOTH JUGS.

post-45478-0-92886900-1425873602_thumb.jpg

SAME, WITH REAR VIEW OF LEAD CORE.

post-45478-0-04474400-1425873266_thumb.jpg

BARNAUL HOLLOW POINT, SAME DISTANCE, SAME TYPE JUGS. 

THE JACKET WAS ALL THAT WAS RECOVERABLE; WHAT I COULD FIND OF THE LEAD CORE WAS JUST SMALL SLIVERS OF LEAD, AS IF THE CORE WAS COMPRISED OF VERY TIGHTLY COMPACTED, VERY SMALL BIRDSHOT, WHICH COMPLETELY CAME APART ON IMPACT; NEVER SEEN ANYTHING QUITE LIKE THAT.

THE PIECE ON THE LEFT IS THE NOSE, LOOKING DOWN INTO THE HOLLOW POINT.

CLEARLY, THE WATER WENT INTO THE HOLLOW POINT, WHICH THEN GOT IN BETWEEN THE JACKET AND CORE, RESULTING IN JACKET RUPTURE AND COMPLETE BREAK AT THE CANNALURE, PLUS, APPARENT DISINTEGRATION OF THE LEAD CORE.

THE FIRST JUG WAS COMPLETELY DESTROYED, MAXIMUM ENERGY DUMP, AND THE SECOND WAS BADLY DAMAGED, THE TWO FRAGMENTS WERE FOUND IN THE SECOND JUG, WITH THE SLIVERS OF THE CORE SCATTERED THROUGHOUT THE TWO JUGS.

post-45478-0-46384700-1425873349_thumb.jpg

ANOTHER VIEW OF THE TWO JACKET FRAGMENTS FROM THE HOLLOW POINT.

NOTE THAT ON THE RIPPED EDGES OF THE NOSE PIECE ON THE LEFT, YOU CAN CLEARLY SEE THE THIN COPPER CLADDING ON THE STEEL JACKET.

post-45478-0-77358500-1425873481_thumb.jpg

PROOF THAT THE JACKETS ARE COPPER CLAD STEEL, AS THEY ARE SUSPENDED FROM A MAGNET.

Edited by JESS1344
  • Like 4

I'm fortunate to have a few cases of GT. But I now consider it too valuable to shoot.beaten.gif

I just dug through my stash and checked the WMC 124 I recently bought.  No cuts.  Also checked the last case of Tula 124 I bought.  It has the cuts.

What cant be replaced dont get shot for shitz-n-giggles, wish I had more GT but what could be done has been.

Only time I shoot x39 any more is testing a new batch of ammo, mag, rifle, or a once a year ready check same as 308.

Do shoot a good bit of 22LR and 40SW and have found a renewed love of the pistol cal carbines, ammo has come a long way for these guns.

Just realized how much I hate this situation.

It's spring time and that means the northerners blow more shit up. Sorry for your ammo shortages.

Damn Yankees... what.gif

One other thing occured to me, A lot more AKs out there this year with whats going on with domestic makers and many going into the hands of those that have no stocks of x39 and so they buy ammo, if they listen to good advice.

Edited by Rhodes1968

lets see...

and if Hitlarry runs and wins IN 2016 GOD HELP US ALL .

Well, I have been saying this right along since the notion of her running was a twitch in some shitfuck dems britches... 

Better just get used to THAT IDEA... cause thats where this country is going to be headed...  EXPECT HER to be the NEXT POTUS!!!!!

ok...

There's not much ability to pick and choose the quality of the projectile on cheap x39 ammo.

so maybe not CHEAP... but virtually ALL of mine is loaded with Barnes triple shok or triple shok tipped bullets...

Accurate, and expands like its supposed to... NEVER any question on what that bullet does when it hits the target.  :up:

:lol:

• Like 1

lets see...

and if Hitlarry runs and wins IN 2016 GOD HELP US ALL .

Well, I have been saying this right along since the notion of her running was a twitch in some shitfuck dems britches... 

Better just get used to THAT IDEA... cause thats where this country is going to be headed...  EXPECT HER to be the NEXT POTUS!!!!!

ok...

so maybe not CHEAP... but virtually ALL of mine is loaded with Barnes triple shok or triple shok tipped bullets...

Accurate, and expands like its supposed to... NEVER any question on what that bullet does when it hits the target.  032.gif

laugh.png

INDY,

I THINK HITLERY MAY WELL HAVE FINALLY STEPPED ON HER DICK  BIG TIME WITH THIS EMAIL SITUATION.

EVEN HER FELLOW DHIMS SEEM TO BE FALLING OVER EACH OTHER TO THROW HER UNDER THE BUS ON THIS ONE.

I THINK THAT THE "LOYALTY" SHE SEEMS TO COMMAND WITHIN THE DHIMMI PARTY IS MORE OUT OF OUTRIGHT FRIGHT OF THE WITCH THAN ANYTHING.

IF THEY THINK THAT SHE IS TRULY MORTALLY WOUNDED OVER THIS EMAIL THING, AS WELL AS THE COMBINED WEIGHT OF ALL HER OTHER PECCADILLO'S, I THINK THE KNIVES WILL BE OUT AND SHORT WORK WILL BE DONE, IMHO......

ON A HAPPIER SUBJECT............THOSE BARNES ARE SOME GOOD GEAR; I SHOOT THE .454 225GR. XPB'S OVER 30.0GR. OF H110 FOR AN ESTIMATED 2200FPS. OUT OF A 20"BBL STAINLESS ROSSI '92.

JESS1344

• Like 1

Come out of the cave once in a while dude. lol

Panic caused by threat of M855 ban.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/96534-first-7n6-now-m855-proposed/

Lol, yeah I knew about that BS, just didn't expect it to affect x39 ammo.

Of course, I also thought the 22lr shortage would be over by now, so shows how much I know. And I agree with your comment about GT. I stopped shooting my GT stash about 6 months ago.