I don't tell people shit. Even the fuckin firemen that call me and swear they ain't selling anything and then try to sell me tickets to a concert I don't give a fuck about.

I don't believe this shit for a second.

• Like 3

They called 2500 people in the middle of the day and asked if they have a firearm in the house... Out of them 32% answered yes.

Using that information I'd guess that is showing the demographic shift of people with landlines. So people who have landlines, who are also home during the day are less likely to own a firearm.

Should also ask about employment since I'd guess that the same poll would show 90% unemployment, which is clearly not accurate.

• Like 3

Their primary sponsor, the National Science Foundation, also supports PBS. Hint Hint.

I love these long articles that leave out crucial details like, where the polling took place and what questions were asked.

At the end it states that an overwhelming number of people support permitting. Of course, that was the summary.

• Like 3

My opinion of the purpose of this survey is to influence the followers in the population.

They hear that firearm ownership is trending down, no longer a fad, out of style, etc.

and they then determine that they see no need to own a firearm if most people don't.

Translated.... anti-gun propaganda. Disinformation with an agenda. Psyops.

There is a great deal of time, money, and effort being expended to influence and control the sheep.

• Like 5

You don't need a gun. Most people don't have guns. See, here's a totally valid survey proving that. You want to be like most people, right? You don't want to be... different... do you???

• Like 4

My family does not discuss our assets with anyone except family, close friends, and our insurance agent. Firearms, artwork, jewelry, nothing. Especially strangers. We don't need to set ourselves up for a home invasion. If we were called for this survey, we'd be wrongly counted as an unarmed household.

• Like 2

73,441,399 Gun Purchase Background Checks Under Obama; NJ Spikes 41% in May

Older article....

There have been 73,441,399 background checks for gun purchases since President Obama took office, according to data released by the FBI.

In 2009, the FBI conducted 14,033,824 background checks.  If we subtract the month of January (Obama did not assume office until the end of the month) we get 12,819,939.

The FBI conducted 14,409,616 background checks in 2010, 16,454,951 in 2011, and 19,592,303 in 2012.

Add to that the first five months of 2013 (2,495,440, 2,309,393, 2,209,407, 1,714,433 and 1,435,917 respectively) and the total number of background checks under President Obama comes to 73,441,399.

Since December 2012, when the gun sale surge hit its peak, background checks for gun purchases have slowly declined each month.

With the exception of California, New Jersey and Utah, background checks for gun purchases decreased in every state from April to May.

New Jersey - a state that awaits Governor Christie's decision on a number of new gun bills - saw its largest number of background checks in a single month since the FBI began tracking data in 1998.

A total of 12,656 background checks were completed in the Garden State, up 41 percent from the previous month's 8,977 checks.

The 73,441,399 background checks that have been completed under Barack Obama's presidency account for 43 percent of the 170,639,292 completed since 1998.

See more "Right Views, Right Now."

Edited by SmilinEd
  • Like 3

I...think i may have expended my 'Like' rations on this thread. Couldn't help it, needed to be done. I dont know why but it still boggles my mind when i see misinformation campaigns like this, i guess im always surprised at how reality and facts are constantly twisted or in this case outright ignored to push their agenda.