HERE WE GO: ATF raises new concerns about AR-15 ammo

GUYS,

In a Senate Appropriations Committee hearing, ATF Director B. Todd Jones said all types of the 5.56 military-style ammo used by shooters pose a threat to police as more people buy the AR-15-style pistols.

"Any 5.56 round" is "a challenge for officer safety," he said. Jones asked lawmakers to help in a review of a 1986 bill written to protect police from so-called "cop killer" rounds that largely exempted rifle ammo like the 5.56 because it has been used by target shooters, not criminals.

HERE WE FUCKING GO, BITCH-TODD HAS JUST SIGNALED THAT THEY'RE COMING AFTER ALL 5.56.

THAT'S WHAT THEY CALL, "A GOOD FIRST STEP".

FUCK THEM.............

JUS' SAYIN'......

JESS

Edited by JESS1344

1986 bill written to protect police from so-called "cop killer" rounds that largely exempted rifle ammo like the 5.56 because it has been used by target shooters, not criminals.

Exactly! 5.56 is not even designed to be a lethal cartridge, which is why the soldiers hate it! Pansy-livered parasites.

Edited by Heartbreaker

yeah, the damn rifle rounds being made into HUGE handguns are a real problem.

better stock up on .357jdj before they figure out my single shot pistol can go thru about three men with heavy body armor.

.375jdj    ...... lack of coffee

Edited by Stryker0946

It's not the gun OR the ammo, dipshits, it's the will of the person that wields it.

...of course they KNOW that....It's just easier to subdue a DISARMED populace.

...hence the reason for the 2nd.

• Like 1

Well at least my state (Ar) today passed a Convention of States resolution that can make crap like this non-binding. One of our newest reps, Michelle Gray, brought this back to the House after the vote had failed a couple of days ago.

One way to stuff them for messing with ar pistols is build .50 Beowulf pistols. Devastating to anything.

Edited by tatonic

I believe each individual state needs to follow Montana's firearms production rules as an example for creating State Laws that protect firearms, ammunition and other tools from being regulated by the feds if produced and sold within the state, intrastate commerce.

Made in Montana, Sold in Montana.... NO tax, regulation or REGISTRATION.

http://leg.mt.gov/bills/mca_toc/30_20_1.htm

• Like 2

And....

The SCOTUS just unanimously agreed that federal agencies don't need to take comments on proposed regulation interpretations either....

I'm completely amazed this isn't being screamed from rooftops and marches being made. Holy shit, doesn't everybody get that this means "ATF can do whatever they want"?

I find it extremely laughable!

Not because of their position but, the fact that they are kicking a GIGANTIC "hornets-nest" and don't know it!

A lot of truth to this. We will see what comes of it. I can't imagine them banning all AR ammo. You might as well just ban the AR.

Oh wait.....

I have the thought that hiding a portion of them will closely coincide with using them.

Unpredictability should always remain in the tool kit.

I just hate the idea but remaining flexible in the face of so many unknowns is logical. 

The problem with the BATFE is they have very little to do. They are constantly looking for work because anything they can do the FBI can do with more resources. There are too many agencies with overlapping boudaries. The IRS, ATF, and DEA could all be eliminated. Keep the US Marshalls, FBI, Border Patrol and ICE, and Secret Service.

Edited by Semper299
  • Like 3

The problem with the BATFE is they have very little to do. They are constantly looking for work because anything they can do the FBI can do with more resources. There are too many agencies with overlapping boudaries. The IRS, ATF, and DEA could all be eliminated. Keep the US Marshalls, FBI, Border Patrol and ICE, and Secret Service.

You just described the entire government.

Edited by Rhodes1968
  • Like 2