“But as we see more and more of the firearms that could be classified as pistols, being able to use not just this M855 round, but any 5.56 round, it's a challenge for officer safety, public safety”

Who said that?  None other than the Director of the BATFE, B. Todd Jones, at a Senate hearing on Thursday.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20150314/jonesing-for-a-showdown-batfe-directors-comments-show-fight-isn-t-over

This statement reveals just how far they'd like to go.  Many of us said it from the start, if they think they can ban M855 because it penetrates soft body armor and can be fired from "what could classified as a pistol" (his words) then the natural conclusion is that all 5.56/223 ammunition can be banned for the same reason.  And 7.62x39.  And 7.62x51/308.

Boys and girls, we held them on the last assault, but we didn't "win".  You win when you defeat your enemy.  Our enemy is not defeated.

We need real legislation that protects ammunition so that tyrannical unelected bureaucrats like this POS can't take our rights on a whim.

Democraps have already announced that they will reintroduce legislation to ban ammunition "designed to kill people in body armor".  At this time they don't have the votes to push this through.  At this time.  The pendulum will swing the other way and they'll do it.

We have to push through legislation to protect ourselves now, even though the piece of shit in the white house will veto it.  Make him veto it!

post-4831-0-71630100-1426432033_thumb.jpg

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 6

Well then...they need to to make better body armor.

This. And they do make better body armor, but they are only using Level II I believe as a standard. Banning a product because it defeats an inferior product makes no sense at all. You and only you are in charge of your own safety. If you are worried about being shot by a projectile traveling over 2500 fps, wear thicker/better armor. But the media won't tell. "Bullet proof vests" is the extent which armor is explained to the public.

• Like 1

5.56 shot from a pistol barrel well generally have less velocity than from a rifle barrel. Does anyone have any rough data on velocities out of pistol barrels? Any chance the momentum would be low enough to be defeated by lvl II or IIIA armor? Just curious.

5.56 shot from a pistol barrel well generally have less velocity than from a rifle barrel. Does anyone have any rough data on velocities out of pistol barrels? Any chance the momentum would be low enough to be defeated by lvl II or IIIA armor? Just curious.

You still get 2200 fps from a 7" barrel. That's going to punch through level 2. Probably level 3A.

I'm not convinced that more legislation will fix anything.

What.... we're going to make it really really double illegal for them to ignore the U.S. Constitution?

Other than passing a law, what do you suggest?  If there is some magic bullet (pun intended) that we are missing, please enlighten us.

Edited by Darth Saigus

You still get 2200 fps from a 7" barrel. That's going to punch through level 2. Probably level 3A.

I'm not convinced that more legislation will fix anything.

What.... we're going to make it really really double illegal for them to ignore the U.S. Constitution?

Other than passing a law, what do you suggest?  If there is some magic bullet (pun intended) that we are missing, please enlighten us.

We are dealing with criminals in power.

No suggestions.... just being realistic, that's all.

ETA: Not saying we shouldn't resist them through any and all means.

Edited by Spartacus
  • Like 1

Makes you wonder if the whole rifle round firing pistols weren't invented just so they could do something like this.

Think about it, the whole pistol thing in the rifle calibers didn't really come about until a few years back, at least what

I'm aware of. During the Obama administration. I can only recall them being out for maybe about 6 years now (correct me if I'm wrong)

I always found it amazing that we were ever even allowed to own something like that without a stamp or permit. And within the last couple of

years they have come out with a pistol version of many calibers now. I even think they have a 300 win mag pistol now.

So it really makes me wonder if this whole pistol craze was invented by the feds in the first place just so they had justification

to go after all the ammo. They are not as dumb as we think they are.    

Edited by SHOTGUN MESSIAH

If they can class the 308win as a pistol round there is nothing that line of thinking cant ban.

That was decades ago, so where is the outrage over that one?

This current outrage seems more of the variety of "stay out of my garden but have at another's if you wish" than any principle.

5.45 is an excellent example also, so I aint feeling the sympathy but will stand on principle.

Like they really give a shit about who they're protecting. We know what the real agenda is.

The two officers shot in Ferguson and the muslim in chief, doj and race baiters are silent.

It saddens me that more attention is not paid to those who lay their lives on the line than a thieving POS. Priorities are twisted. If things go much further, law enforcement will be of little consequence in some areas during times of need and the animals will be running the zoo. I never imagined that order would dwindle on such a fine thread here in the US, but we are there.

• Like 2

There is always a straw that breaks the camels back.

Yes there wasn't real outrage for past bans. But maybe instead of being butthurt that others didn't stand before, we should be glad people woke up. We can stick together and keep it from happening again or we can be children and lose even more.

• Like 5

Yes there wasn't real outrage for past bans. But maybe instead of being butthurt that others didn't stand before, we should be glad people woke up. We can stick together and keep it from happening again or we can be children and lose even more.

Keep the preasure on guys! Keep pushing back! Stand up!

Not butt hurt at all, if mountains and oceans can be overcome anything made by man can be and in the doing find a better way.

Over reach is ever the bane of tyrants and this is a case in point. It remains our greatest ally yet vastly under appreciated.

We need to ask what would have happened had not the "mistake" become known, that was the moment things went bad for the bastards.

When I say I have no sympathy I am sincere, useless emotion that it proves to be at times.

On principle alone it is required to resist these acts.

Learning moment midst the back slapping?. 

We shall see soon enough 

I think the 7N6 ban didn't get much attention because it's a Russian import round and it kind of got bundled up in the Russian sanctions.

As soon as they went after U.S. domestic arms (M855), then they started stepping on a lot of toes.

Hopefully they will drop this ammo ban nonsense.

I think the 7N6 ban didn't get much attention because it's a Russian import round and it kind of got bundled up in the Russian sanctions.

As soon as they went after U.S. domestic arms (M855), then they started stepping on a lot of toes.

Hopefully they will drop this ammo ban nonsense.

Oh there is no doubt you are right.

Just them commie guns and their extremist ways, wont affect America's rifle. Seriously saw that all too often.

Of course the NRA did little to nothing, still run by Fudds obviously.

Why folks dont seem to learn that it is always the small group abused first with larger to follow I will never understand.

Certainly isnt a lack of historical proof. Virginia was not treated as New England by the Crown during the colonial unpleasantness but those guys knew they were next and acted.

• Like 2

It never fails. Just a few months ago the media was painting law enforcement as careless brutal thugs that shoot first and ask questions later. Fast forward to now, they are "protecting our brave men and women of law enforcement at all costs". It doesn't surprise me, it just makes me sick to my stomach.

• Like 1

I'm "represented" by communists, writing and calling them gets back nothing more than a template responce on how they are committed to ban all guns.

Move.

How's that going to help when the ban is everywhere? Or do you not look past your nose?

• Like 1

I'm "represented" by communists, writing and calling them gets back nothing more than a template responce on how they are committed to ban all guns.

Me, too. Still keep pushing. Even if he/she is, on a 10 point scale, rates a nine when it comes to bans, you, your family, and friends all together may dial him/her back to an eight. Every little bit helps. Never quit!

It never fails. Just a few months ago the media was painting law enforcement as careless brutal thugs that shoot first and ask questions later. Fast forward to now, they are "protecting our brave men and women of law enforcement at all costs". It doesn't surprise me, it just makes me sick to my stomach.

METALGOD,

"WHIPSAW" TACTICS, STRAIGHT OUT OF CLOWARD/PLIVEN - ALINSKY.

JESS1344

Move.

How's that going to help when the ban is everywhere? Or do you not look past your nose?
I would consider ignoring any law, deemed contrary to the U.S. Constitution, long before leaving my home.

Magazine capacity restrictions fall into that category.

Without popular opinion (insert => ABC, CBS, NBC, etc.) bad laws aren't enforcable.

God, family, country!

Some things are worth fighting and dying for.

Wait, I hear a knock at the door...

Edited by Sim_Player
  • Like 2

So anyway...

Here it is, exactly what I was talking about. Call/write your reps to support this.

http://thehill.com/regulation/legislation/235837-gun-bill-would-shoot-down-controversial-bullet-ban

The Ammunition and Firearms Protection Act introduced Monday by Rep. Patrick McHenry (R-N.C.) would ensure that ammunition “intended, marketed, and sold for rifle use” is protected from the ATF’s grip.