Today the Texas Senate tenatively passed Open Carry for handguns by 20/11.

This leaves a just a few more steps, another Senate vote & then through the House.

Today's vote was pretty much along Party lines... Go figure.

Will it make it to & through the House?

If it does, the Governor has said he will sign it into law.

Keeping my fingers crossed, c'mon Texas, let freedom ring.

• Like 3

We are all anticipating it down here.  I will say that lots of people are a little freaked out about the possibility of anyone other than cops carrying, but I think as long as certain practices are carried out, it can and should all go very well.  I'm excited at not having to figure out stupid ways to keep my gun from painting.  I will probably still make an effort to carry concealed simply to avoid calling attention to myself though.  

Today's vote was pretty much along Party lines... Go figure.

The problem with today's screwed-up politics... no one is capable of independent, original thought!
They also no longer know the damn difference between what is fundamentally Wrong and Right!
  • Like 1

I still find it amusing that people call Texas the standard for gun freedom when they are so restrictive. Even funnier that 2 liberal New England states are among the most free, VT and NH

Give VT time that may change, strange state to say the least.

Yeah Texas as a standard bearer never made a lot of sense given what goes on there. Wyoming now ...

I never quite understood what the hell Texas was thinking when I found out that open carry is not allowed. That's the building block of freedom.

Looking at the history of banning open carry one could conclude it was to limit firearm bearing to those approved of by the officials.

Mexicans? Negroes (term of time, is that allowed anymore?), or [insert whatever group here]. 

It stayed? Well because well these "new" republicans are not very inclined to change what they like but can blame on Dems.

We've had open carry always.

But when the bill passed making concealed carry legal without a permit the left said it would be the end of the world as we know it.

Yep that's what they said.

Still waiting for the rivers of blood in the street...

Needing a ccw to carry open just gives cops an excuse to hassle you unless there is a premption in the law preventing cops from asking for the permit without cause to stop.

Needing a ccw to carry open just gives cops an excuse to hassle you unless there is a premption in the law preventing cops from asking for the permit without cause to stop.

Exactly in fact open carry itself would be the probable cause for the stop. We have seen that bad movie before.

Makes a case for questioning how much was won here. But maybe that's just me.