Love Glocks also. 19 is my favorite. I think with the grip angle, it either works or doesn't for people. You either love it or hate it. I also like how simple it is to completely take it apart and put back together.

• Like 1

Glocks have their place, being the cheap, basic, durable pistol with lots of aftermarket parts, but they are kinda awful in the trigger, ergonomics and aesthetics departments. I also have large hands and compact pistols just disappear. I have a stainless Ruger SR9 that I really like, the trigger is a bit heavy but it looks great and fits my hand wonderfully.

If the Crock came with a grip safety AND and an ambo thumb safety, then it would be almost as good as the 1911 which has already been there, done that ... FOR OVER 100 YEARS!  Just me.  HB of CJ (old left handed coot)  55 years shooting the 1911

G27 is my EDC. Carried OWB with the plus one extension on the mag. I have complete confidence that it will go bang every time I pull the trigger. Might not be pretty but it sure as hell is reliable, and as someone already mentioned, very easy to clean.

• Like 3

I'd buy one. After owning a 226 I've kinda moved on from Glocks, but I just recently fired a 42 for the first time a few weeks ago and I was amazed at how accurate it was. At 7 yards with Tula I managed to overlap four shots, and the other 2 were only 2 inches out of the group. Definitely much better than I've ever done with my LCP. 

If Glock is perfection, then why are there so many aftermarket upgrade parts for them?

beaten.gifbad_smile.gif

No, not a fan of Glock.  Specifically the silly grip angle.  JMB perfected the pistol grip angle.

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 1

Eventually, but certainly not immediately, we will find out the specific statictics regarding AD an NDs comparing Crocks with more safe handguns.  I say more safe because no handgun is completely safe.  Some by design are more safe than others, which is good.

Even with my ambo safety Colt 1911, I have had a few close calls caused by my own human stupidty.  One time that ambo thumb safety saved my bacon.  The other time probably the grip safety, but we are still not sure.  No AD or ND, but came very close.  Yikes!!

HB of CJ (old coot)  It can happen to anybody.  It has happened to me.  Some handguns are more forgiving.  Some much less.  I for one am wondering right now if Crocks are so safe, why is Glock with holding all the stats regarding ALL Glock AD and ND events?

Does Glock sell stock?  Can we own it.  Wondering if a major or minor stock holder could somehow obtain legal expenses and lawsuit settlement amounts for the Glock handgun line up?  That information would be by itself very enlightening for sure.  Humm.

If I were to want a plastic gun, an XD IMHO is a vastly better gun

What makes them vastly better? Only reason I ask is that I own HK's, Glocks and an XD. To be honest, I dont think one is a better performer than the other.

Eventually, but certainly not immediately, we will find out the specific statictics regarding AD an NDs comparing Crocks with more safe handguns.  I say more safe because no handgun is completely safe.  Some by design are more safe than others, which is good.

I dont think you'll find a "safer" gun. With your finger off the trigger, there are 3 safeties intact, and the weapon cannot shoot. Any ND's are user error.

HB of CJ (old coot)  It can happen to anybody.  It has happened to me.  Some handguns are more forgiving.  Some much less.  I for one am wondering right now if Crocks are so safe, why is Glock with holding all the stats regarding ALL Glock AD and ND events?

Same can be asked for all weapon manufacturers.

Does Glock sell stock?  Can we own it.  Wondering if a major or minor stock holder could somehow obtain legal expenses and lawsuit settlement amounts for the Glock handgun line up?  That information would be by itself very enlightening for sure.  Humm.

Really? If you hate them, you hate them. Cool. Can we now start Blaming Ford and Chevy for drunk drivers?

Edited by Captain Hero

Have a G-19, G-30, G-42, and my EDC is my G-21. I've got Kimbers, Berettas, Norincos, Rugers, and some that I don't even remember, but I likes my Glocks. The wife complains that I don't carry my Kimber she gave me, BUT, if I get in shit deep, have to start popping caps, I'd rather the Po Po keep my Glock for a while, than I would a $1200.00 Kimber. They confiscate a high dollar gun, you might not ever see it again, and besides, my Glock ALWAYS goes boom, the Kimber is finicky about what it'll shoot, but the Glock eats it all.

GUYS,

THE 1911 AFTERMARKET PARTS INDUSTRIES ARE HOW MANY DECADES OLD?

SAME FOR THE CUSTOMIZED 1911 SMITHS.

CAN ANYONE QUANTIFY HOW MANY DIFFERENT AFTERMARKET PARTS THERE HAVE BEEN FOR THE 1911, OVER THE YEARS?

JUS' SAYIN'.............IN ALL FAIRNESS.

CARRIED AN ALUMINUM FRAMED PARA P-14, THAT I BUILT FROM A FRAME KIT IN '89, UP UNTIL ABOUT '07.

WAS VOCIFEROUSLY ANTI-GLOCK, IE "COMBAT TUPPERWARE", ETC.

THE CHANGE WAS SLOW, INCREMENTAL, AND INEXORABLE.

THE LACK OF A MANUAL AND GRIP SAFETY DID CREEP-THE-FUCK OUTA ME FOR A WHILE.

THE GLOCK WILL MAKE YOU A MORE CAREFUL GUN-HANDLER, AS IT DOES NOT ABIDE SLOPPY, OR INATTENTIVE GUN HANDLING, PERIOD.

THE FIRST ONE WAS A G21 WITH A GRIP REDUCTION, MAKING IT FEEL SOMETHING CLOSE TO THE DOUBLE STACK PARA.

NOW I HAVE...........WELL..........MORE THAN ONE.

THEY ALL HAVE AFTERMARKET PARTS; GHOST, WOLFF AND ISMI GUNSPRINGS, LONE WOLF, TAYLOR FREELANCE, MEPROLIGHT, GLOCK STORE (THE "NO HORN"), ETC.

SOME ARE GEN II, SOME ARE GEN III, ALL HAVE GEN IV TRIGGER/BAR ASSY'S.

I HAVE ONE LONE WOLF FULL-SIZED TIMBERWOLF FRAMED GUN, BUILT FROM A GEN II G22.

FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT ABIDE THE GLOCK GRIP ANGLE, THE TIMBERWOLF FEELS LIKE A CROSS BETWEEN A BROWNING HI-POWER, AND A SIG, AT LEAST TO MY HAND.

THERE'S BEEN A COUPLE OF DIE-HARD 1911 GUYS, THAT HAVE PRACTICALLY BROKEN INTO TEARS AFTER HANDLING AND SHOOTING THE TIMBERWOLF FRAMED GUN, WALKING AWAY MOANING SOMETHING TO THE EFFECT OF "OOOOOH, I SHOULDN'A DONE THAT..."

AT SOME POINT, I WILL HAVE A COMPACT TIMBERWOLF FRAME TO FIT MY G23-TURNED-G32 GUN, WITH THE EXTENDED/PORTED LONE WOLF .357SIG BARREL.

THE TIMBERWOLF FRAME ALSO HAS AN OBSERVABLY SHORTER TRIGGER REACH, FOR THOSE WITH SMALL HANDS.

THE POLYMER FRAMES ALSO MAKE IT MUCH QUICKER/EASIER TO "WHITTLE" ON THE TRIGGER GUARD/FRONT STRAP AREA, WITH THE TRUSTY DREMEL, SO AS TO FIT ONES HAND BETTER.

TWO WORDS ON THAT: "GO SLOW....."

YOU'LL PLAY HELL, TRYING TO GLUE THAT PLASTIC DUST BACK INTO PLACE, IF YOU STEP ON YOUR CRANK.....

FINISH IT OFF WITH A 20% THICKER, HUTCHINSON BRAND, 26" UNIVERSAL BICYCLE INNER TUBE, COMPLIMENTS OF W-MART.

HAVE FUN, FIGHTING THAT BITCH ON, BUT ONCE THERE, IT'S THERE, NONE OF THAT SLIPPING ROUND AND ROUND, LIKE SOME OTHER "PURPOSE BUILT" GRIP SLEEVES.

JESS1344