Muzzle Brakes

For me I've seen that the Feds might call the thread protector a "muzzle device" and that'd mess up my 922r after I convert my Saiga. I figure if I'm going to get a thing to put on my muzzle I might as well get a good thing.

Listen to fitty cent, he knows and has tested them. Both devices he suggested are U.S. Manufacture.

My best friend took her shotgun course with an S12 with no break. But it is better to have one for prolonged abuse.

Have the Tromix monster on my S12, the G01 on the Vepr12.

Question is do you want something that's poky or not?

• Like 2

Fair enough. I'm similarly tempted to just get a DPH flash-hider to fulfill that 1 compliance part [or potential compliance part at least] since I don't mind the recoil really. I just have it bad where I want to get the 100 dollar brake because its so uber-special-awesome.

I'm miss the shoulder hickies though if it works too well.

Good kinda sting.

Recoil is fun, ya bunch of wimps. Wa wa wa wet_eyes.gif

haha.gif haha.gif haha.gif

Recoil is fun. Smooth is fun too. Anyone who can handle a gun well with much recoil handles the same gun better with less recoil. Performance is fun.

I'm not really planning to hunt deer with it so I don't know if I'll ever need a choke since I have no shame and plan to mud-punt Canada Geese when I hunt them.

If anything I wish it would pattern sooner for home defense. 

To each his own. her own... whatever.

Anyway, chokes are kinda nice to have for everything. I use #4 with a full choke. In indoor house ranges, the practical size of your groups are very similar. once you get past 10 or more yards though, the chance of keeping all the 22-27 pellets on the bad guy goes way up. nice when there are neighbors. It also gives a longer practical range. Similar things apply to the more popular (though inferior) 00 Buck most people use.

• Like 1

No individual can possibly say what the best muzzle brake out there is.  Recoil is perceived by each individual.  Also, what feels good one day, might feel like shit the next because you are mentally/physically not into the gun.  Also, you may weigh 350 lbs and what works for you won't work for a 160 lb guy.

What works on a stock gas block shotgun is having some weight on the end and just as importantly have the shotgun properly tuned to the shells you are shooting. 

Basic physics, more weight equal less felt recoil.  Gotta find a balance that works for you and if you like it and you think it makes you a better shooter, then thats what you want.

I designed the JTE Brake to be the best balance of weight, looks, for a stock gas block gun and porting for when the gas block is moved back.  Just my 40 years of real world and competition shooting experinece, feed back from professional shooters, and what I personally thought was the most functional.

Tony/Tromix builds some nice brakes also.  He knows what he is doing.

This muzzle brake debate has been going on since day one and I guess it is just fun to bench race it. Pistols, rifles and shotguns alike:)

Jack

JTE

Edited by JTE
  • Like 6
  • 1 month later...

I use the JTE on my Vepr 12....It works, you can argue all day with me but in my real use in competition...it works...nuff said.  (not saying others don't work).

No individual can possibly say what the best muzzle brake out there is.  Recoil is perceived by each individual.  Also, what feels good one day, might feel like shit the next because you are mentally/physically not into the gun.  Also, you may weigh 350 lbs and what works for you won't work for a 160 lb guy.

What works on a stock gas block shotgun is having some weight on the end and just as importantly have the shotgun properly tuned to the shells you are shooting. 

Basic physics, more weight equal less felt recoil.  Gotta find a balance that works for you and if you like it and you think it makes you a better shooter, then thats what you want.

I designed the JTE Brake to be the best balance of weight, looks, for a stock gas block gun and porting for when the gas block is moved back.  Just my 40 years of real world and competition shooting experinece, feed back from professional shooters, and what I personally thought was the most functional.

Tony/Tromix builds some nice brakes also.  He knows what he is doing.

This muzzle brake debate has been going on since day one and I guess it is just fun to bench race it. Pistols, rifles and shotguns alike:)

Jack

JTE

Well, I certainly hope the CSS GK-01 is as good as everyone says because I ordered one a couple days ago while it was on sale. I have a Krebs flash hider which I have liked so far, but recoil has never been much of an issue for me, so this should be an improvement no matter what. I want to shorten the barrel anyway, so since I need to perm whatever I put on, I decided that the CSS one looked really cool and most say it handles recoil well so I felt it was a good all around choice. Not sure if I'll bother with chokes yet.