GUYS,

THIS IS AN OLD REPORT, FROM 2012, BUT IT GIVES YOU THE GENERAL FEELING FOR THE NEW "ACTING".

I PRESENT THE ARTICLE IN ITS ENTIRETY, SO THAT THOSE INTERESTED WON'T HAVE TO DEAL WITH THE AMOUNT OF POP-UPS ON THE EXAMINERS W-SITE.

I ALSO INCLUDE THE LINK TO THE STORY, WHICH I WOULD LIKE FOR YOU TO MERELY CLICK ON.

THIS IS HOW THE AUTHOR OF THESE GREAT ARTICLES, DAVID CODREA, FEEDS HIS FAMILY, AND KEEPS A ROOF OVER THEIR HEADS, BY THE NUMBER OF HITS ON HIS ARTICLES.

SO, IF YOU WOULD BE SO KIND, PLEASE CLICK THE BELOW LINK, AND THEN ENJOY THE ARTICLE.

THANKS,

JESS1344

http://www.examiner.com/article/chief-counsel-s-office-still-calling-shots-at-atf-despite-report-source-alleges

Chief Counsel’s Office still calling shots at ATF despite report, source alleges

September 8, 2012

10:01 AM MST

Crediting Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives Deputy Director Thomas E. Brandon for a problems analysis summary is not justified, an insider source told Gun Rights Examiner yesterday. The“Quick Hits” report admitting to retaliation and ethical violations by the Chief Counsel’s Office was the result of a Field Agent Advisory Panel, and Brandon’s role was not to direct or participate in the document’s development, but simply to receive it after it had been prepared.

“The question should be, ‘what has he done with it since he got it?’” the source continued. “To my knowledge, not much of anything.”

Adding to concerns over inappropriate and problematic influence by the Chief Counsel’s Office over day-to-day operations and management decisions, another allegation corroborates concerns that nothing is or will be changed under the caretaker stewardship on behalf of the Holder Justice Department by Acting Director B. Todd Jones.

“After the issues detailed by the FAAP were first posted on the intranet homepage - they were quickly taken down by order of the Chief Counsel's Office,” the source maintained, citing retaliations that have occurred since Brandon was presented with that document.

“DOJ runs ATF through B. Todd and don't mistake for a second that Brandon is second-in-command,” the source continued. “He answers to Greg Serres [Deputy Chief Counsel] who is always at BTJ's side.

“Don't give agents and people hope where there is none,” the source cautioned. “Management has heard all those ‘Quick Hits’ before. They didn't do anything about it then and haven't this time around either.”

Whether Darrell Issa and the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform will investigate the report’s observations of undue influence and ethical violations, whether they will raise this as an important issue with the Inspector Generaland whether it will figure prominently in the long-anticipated OIG report on OperationFast and Furious, and whether they will do anything to introduce new hope and bring the Chief Counsel’s Office to account remain to be seen.

SUGGESTED LINKS

Here ya go...

“DOJ runs ATF through B. Todd and don't mistake for a second that Brandon is second-in-command,” the source continued. “He answers to Greg Serres [Deputy Chief Counsel] who is always at BTJ's side.

Micromanaged from the White House.

Edited by Sim_Player
  • Like 2

Maybe a little confusing yes

I'll add a little something that may also be confusing or seem unrelated to some, but I believe it sort of connects a dot with ATF and DOJ/Holder/Obama.

Over the weekend I heard the NFL had hired a former head of the ATF for some sort of league position dealing with players discipline, legal problems. This would help insulate Commissioner Goodell from having to announce player punishments etc.  Anyway..., I had not heard of any changes at ATF and just forgot about it.

This AM I was reading a blog by Weaponsman which is mostly about unique military weapons, etc. Often kinda boring & I flip,past it.  Today he has article about the departure of Byron T Jones from ATF.

Turns out that Jones was the head of ATF and he slipped in his resignation late Friday after most all the news headlines had been written.  The article noted how Jones had gone after any agents who didnt play along with the hard left actions the ATF was involved in. That morale was bad and several predicted Jones would be gone soon.

Word is that besides ATF having to back track on the green tip ammo ban, judges were complaining about ATF & certain agents testimonies in various cases. This on top of earlier ATF screwups like Fast/Furious. 

With Holder no longer in position to support Jones and prop him up, he decided to get out before the SreallyHTF.  Its hard telling what kind of mess is gonna be uncovered at ATF.  Safe to say that it should end up revealing more about how Obama and his cohorts have been illegally using gov't agencies to further undermine our country.

Hope I didnt side track the OP's posting. I felt this was related

Harv 

• Like 2