I've been on a little bit of a buying spree the past month or so. I can't get enough of the steel 9mms.

Picked up a CZ 75 and a Beretta 92fs recently. Now I'm eyeballin a Hi Power. Don't think I can get another one past the wife for a while though.

So this begs the question: What's your favorite wonder nine?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My Browning FN MKIII finally arrived back from Fogle's Gunsmithing where she was reblued to a mirror finish, and most of her control parts nitre blued for accent.  I am very pleased with the final res

Yes, the CZ 75 series of 9mm pistols are very, very good. . .  which is why I went for a 75 B SA pistol, and then sent it off to "Ghost Products Inc." (CZ USA's Custom Shop) to have its single action

I was fortunate that week by reacting to the AIM Surplus email that I received fast enough to. . . secure one of the reported "select grade" condition Israeli police surplus FN MkIII (Browning Hi-Powe

Posted Images

TUNDRA,

YOU JUST MISSED A BATCH OF HI-POWERS OVER AT AIM SURPLUS, RANGING FROM $429-499, DEPENDING ON CONDITION.

AIM HAS HAD SEVERAL BATCHES OF THESE RECENTLY, SO I'D GO OVER THERE AND GET SIGNED-UP FOR A NOTIFICATION THE NEXT TIME THEY HAVE THEM IN STOCK.

IF THE WIFE'S A SHOOTER, SHE'LL LOVE THAT HI-POWER, WITH ITS SHORT TRIGGER PULL.

A SET OF PACHMAYERS AND SHE'LL BE READY TO GO.

I'VE HAD A CZ-75 SINCE '86, BUT I FIND THE DA PULL A TAD LONG, AND I DON'T HAVE A SMALL HAND.

YOU COULD ALWAYS CARRY IT ON HALF-COCK, WHICH BRINGS THE TRIGGER BACK A BIT, OR JUST GO FULL 1911 AND CARRY IT COCKED AND LOCKED.

JESS1344

Edited by JESS1344
  • Like 1

The only 9mm (and first handgun) that I ever owned sucked, a Taurus Millennium.

The trigger was heavy, dragged and it pinched my finger every time, on the reset.

I'd take 9mm over nothing!

Edited by Sim_Player

XD9 with two 16rd mags and two 18rd Mec-Gar mags. Plus a Keltec PF9 with a 8rd mag in the car or my pocket.

Love my PF9. I wear it in an Unkle Mike's slide holster in the straps on my vest. One of the "better" triggers I have seen on a KelTec, whose triggers historically have sucked. 

G17 RTF2

I really want a 17L though.

I shoot better with a G17 or G19 than I do anything except a 1911. Would love to handle and own a G34 or 35.

I shoot my 24 better overall than my 19 but the size makes it less multi use friendly, pretty much just a Saturday go to the match gun. the 19 will shoot matches too including IDPA that the 24 won't fit the box.

I've had a 17L, a 24, and a 34 in the long slide Glocks

I'd go with getting a 24 or whatever Glock in 40 cal and get an aftermarket barrel to shoot 9s and if you've got the wants or needs another barrel for 357 sigs

post-26137-0-62403500-1427469540.jpg

Edited by the 4th Doctor
  • Like 3

My K100 will skull fuck every pistol mentioned on this thread and it's not even their target model. smile.png

I've noticed you really like the GP pistols,particularly the K100. What's so great about them?     

Apparently they skull fuck other handguns. Unique but cool feature in any firearm.

• Like 5

My K100 will skull fuck every pistol mentioned on this thread and it's not even their target model. smile.png

I've noticed you really like the GP pistols,particularly the K100. What's so great about them?     

Apparently they skull fuck other handguns. Unique but cool feature in any firearm.

haha.gif

I wonder if the event has been captured on film?

• Like 1

I like the category generally. & I am sure I will get double hate for this, but I actually like the Taurus 92 variants better than the Beretta m9 variants. The (unnecessary) safety is in the right place.

As for favorite? I dunno, too many types I haven't shot. I do like the 99 /m9 handling a lot though. People who've been preaching plastic guns for years forget how nice a DA/SA trigger can be. -- And that DA/SA is part of the definition of a "wonder 9". These guns are simple to take down, smooth shooting, tend to have great triggers, and good sights. Capacity is decent too. The only real con is that most of them are ~34 oz and bulky.

• Like 2

Yes the slide mounted safety on the 92 is awkward at best. It seems to be placed right where I tend to grab the slide to rack. I have no range time on the pt92 but they are one of the few Taurus pistols that interest me. Frame mounted safety a definite improvement for the way I tend to handle this model.

By the strict definition of Wonder Nine, the CZ75 would be my choice.

Of any 9mm pistols, the XD9 Tactical.  The 9 can use the extra barrel length.

Of any pistol, the XD45 Tactical.  Mine is 3 feet away as I type this.

My XD pistols have been absolutely reliable with all ammunition.  The ergos suit me well.

• Like 1

XD 9's are in both nightstands. XD45 is everyday CC.

Although I guess I'll have to find a K100 and see if I can crossbreed a new species. Could be good, could go really wrong and end up with a Taurus. No offense GF, the only one from Taurus I like is the judge.

• Like 1