https://www.brewdog.com/lowdown/blog/the-worlds-strongest-beer-tactical-nuclear-penguin

Weighing in at an ABV of 32%, BrewDog’s ‘Tactical Nuclear Penguin’ beats the previous record of 31% held by German beer brand Schorschbraer.

Old story that got sent to me. Used to love some Molson Hi Dry on the trip up I-87.

Current champ

http://laughingsquid.com/snake-venom-the-worlds-strongest-beer-boasts-a-67-5-abv/

Gotta love the Scot's

Don't they have to call it Barley Wine because of the high alcohol content?  Our local pizza place has a micro brewery and they have what is locally called Russian Imperial Stout.  Sometimes the alcohol content comes out too high and they have to sell it as Barley Wine.  Glug glug.  One pint of the Barley Wine will definitely put you on your ass.  HB of CJ (old coot)

• Like 1

Best beer I ever had was in Indonesia, every morning I had 2 Bintangs(spelling) delivered to my room at 5:30, you couldn't drink the water, so I brushed my teeth with a "little" then drank the rest at breakfast, and these where about quart sized bottles. At the mill, since we couldn't drink the water, we had our choice of HOT beer or soda, just don't get staggering drunk, otherwise, you where immediately kicked out and not paid.

Some real Brazilian beers are pretty good, and am going back down there in couple of months, babes are pretty damn fine too. :) especially in Rio.

• Like 1

I am no beer guy but IIRC different yeasts are used to produce the high content, that may well be an allergic reaction.

interesting, I've had this happen before where I had a new beer and half our/hour later I felt like I had come down with a cold.

I am no beer guy but IIRC different yeasts are used to produce the high content, that may well be an allergic reaction.

interesting, I've had this happen before where I had a new beer and half our/hour later I felt like I had come down with a cold.

That used to happen to me with Cardinal beer in Venezuela but I didn't know why. After a few times feeling sick I switched to Polar and never had a problem.

Doug

I really like darker beers like Atwater's Vanilla Java Porter, OG Guinness, and Guinness Black Lager. I'm also a fan of most things Sam Adams makes, and Woodchuck Hard Cider.

Surprisingly, Steel Reserve is actually pretty good beer and for a dollar a 24oz can its great when money is tight.

I like a good ale best. Highland brewing company makes a good one called Gaelic ale. Try it. Ive come to the conclusion that if its a twist off cap, I dont really like it.

This. Companies like Highlands are taking the nation by storm for a reason. I had kegs of Gaelic ale at my wedding and all the yanks were astounded!

• Like 1

Beer? Yes please!

Great Lakes Brewing company has some good choices. My go to on a normal basis is 312 Urban Pale ale and draft only Green Line. Love me some IPA's though.

Super high alcohol content beer is rough to me, very hard to drink and usually over powers the hoppi bitterness I'm after. In my opinion. 

Edited by Mullet Man

Beer? Yes please!

Great Lakes Brewing company has some good choices. My go to on a normal basis is 312 Urban Pale ale and draft only Green Line. Love me some IPA's though.

Super high alcohol content beer is rough to me, very hard to drink and usually over powers the hoppi bitterness I'm after. In my opinion. 

There are some double and triple IPAs out now that are really strong but still have great flavor. I love the taste of IPA but for some reason I can usually only drink one at a time, something about most IPAs puts me on my ass.

Beer? Yes please!

There are some double and triple IPAs out now that are really strong but still have great flavor. I love the taste of IPA but for some reason I can usually only drink one at a time, something about most IPAs puts me on my ass.

You should totally try dogfish head 120 minute i.p.a. it'll set ya right in a hurry! Hard to come by tho, you see the 90 minute version around more often which is good but the 120 is awesome.

On the cheap I'll drink Old Vienna, and Yuengling. I'll enjoy heiniken, Amstel, Molson, Dos equis, modello negro, guiness, smithwicks, sam adams... The list could go on for common beers.

getting into Micros I love Stone Brewings Double Bastard. It was the beer that made me think of beer differently. More recently I've had Founders all day IPA, and Saranac Caramel Porter. Both good breweries with quality products.

More esoteric would be Two Goats, Middle Ages, Empire, and Roosterfish. If you like imperial stouts you need to seek out a pint of Middle ages dragonslayer.

Weird... is it a thing for rum drinkers to not like beer?

Not that I won't drink rum, but I will go for the whiskey(Scotch and bourbon included) first. Rum especially with soda seems so sweet and syrupy, messes with my stomach after too many.

Rum especially with soda seems so sweet and syrupy, messes with my stomach after too many.

Can't even stand the smell of rum and all it took was one night that I remember very little of. The only real memory was the next day hacking up all of that sweet shit

I LOVE a proper Long Island Iced Tea...but damned few places make 'em right...and I need a cab after ONE.

They put you on your ASS.

I agree, and a proper Zombie is even harder to find, and they're so damned easy to make.

There's about 5 shots in one drink...so if it's $2, it's a hell of a bargain c.

The Recipe:

2 cups ice cubes
1 part vodka
1 part gin
1 part white rum
1 part white tequila
1/2 part triple sec
1/2 part sour mix
1 splash Coke
Lemon wedges for garnish

scan0017_800x513.jpg
Edited by patriot
  • Like 1

Yeah, it's a definitely a good deal, just pretty sure they use shit-tier liquor in them. Not that I'm complaining.

It's kinda tradition at my school for people to head down there the Wednesday night after their 21st. They don't taste very strong, so the new guys tend to get confident and slam 6-10 of them fairly quickly. They then wake up at some point the next afternoon wondering wtf happened.