So from my understanding anyone can build a gun without concent from any government agency, you just can not sell them, you can make them all you want. So my question is, why can you not make FA M4 lower and install the auto sear? It is the lower that is registered not the trigger system... I guess it would break apart, but again you can use aluminum for the application, or may be illegal because of the year of manufacturing (post May 86), but again you did not buy it you made it....  Any thoughts?

That's a question for the lovely folks at BATFE, NOT something to ask here.

I have violated no laws nor board rules, I did not explain nor asked how to convert, it is a question about the law. Asking BATFE does no one any good because WE ALL KNOW what their answer would be, except you....

what.gif

I have violated no laws nor board rules, I did not explain nor asked how to convert, it is a question about the law. Asking BATFE does no one any good because WE ALL KNOW what their answer would be, except you....

what.gif

You asked (paraphrased) "can I make a machine gun?"

You may have just as well asked "can I add a full set of MG parts, to my homebuilt receiver?"

A question about firearms law.

BATFE ENFORCES firearms law.

Do what you will.

GO FOR IT. You already knew the answer, as shown in BOLD above.

Wanna commit a FELONY? DO IT BY YOURSELF. DON'T ask other forum members for help.

AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Maybe if you're very lucky, you'll get a cell mate with a tiny cock.

Edited by patriot

So from my understanding anyone can build a gun without concent from any government agency, you just can not sell them, you can make them all you want. So my question is, why can you not make FA M4 lower and install the auto sear? It is the lower that is registered not the trigger system... I guess it would break apart, but again you can use aluminum for the application, or may be illegal because of the year of manufacturing (post May 86), but again you did not buy it you made it....  Any thoughts?

what you can do is watch the case of Hollis vs. Holder which is underway and could very well force the government to re-open the MG registry, or best case scenario could possibly strike down sections of the NFA law itself. currently it appears that the DOJ/ATF's argument is extremely poor when it comes to explaining why/how the closing of the MG registry was legal.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014/11/03/jay-hollis-vs-eric-holder/

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1681489_NFA_cases__Hollis_v__Holder__Watson_v__Holder___Motion_to_Compel_p_85_.html

• Like 3

You could do it, and then get arrested, hope the NRA or another group with pockets deep enough to defend you against the US Government takes your side, and possibly get your name in history books.

What you're really asking is "can I eventually win this case after 25 years of trials and federal obfuscation?"

Hell, with NDAA they could just toss you in a blacksite and never charge you.

what.gif

The answer to your question can be found here.

http://www.atf.gov/files/publications/download/p/atf-p-5320-8/atf-p-5320-8.pdf

and here.

http://www.atf.gov/files/publications/download/p/atf-p-5300-4.pdf

It takes less than 10 years to find the answer....