bolt on sight, gas block is back app 10 in from bead

Umm, you lost me. The front bead sight on an iz109 is on top of the gas block.

my bad you are right ,for some reason I thought the bead was at the end,css shows there bolt on front sight just after the muzzle break,sorry for the headache.

All good.

You can put the front sight where ever you want to. The majority run it out at the end, myself included...

post-20217-0-42129600-1427644058_thumb.jpg

Some people put them a few inches in from the end of the barrel leaving a gap between the sight and muzzle and I've seen some where they put it a couple inches in front of the gas block. I don't understand the logic behind those spots, maybe its for weight distribution or something, I dunno.

• Like 1

Not so much accuracy as sight radius and visual proportion of the ring. Shooting shot, I use it like a shotgun, just looking down the top. Adding the front sight ring to that picture gives a little more visual confirmation and the effect of a longer vent rib. The ring also gives a visual approximation of shot spread, and a gap for range estimation when using slugs. 

The dinzag front sight as seen on the lower of MM's guns in post #6 is easily the cleanest and best sight for the S12. No crude clamp sticking out, fairly light, made to take standard AKM sight posts, etc. The CSS or the krebs is the next best one. It and the Krebs both take AR sight posts, which is a little nicer IMO, due to huge selection of nice glowy posts for little money. 

Me too. I was given an unfinished dinzag blem, and made my own drum for it. The adjustment drum on an AK sight as well as the dinzag version of them is 10mm, AR front sight posts are 8-36 thread. I made a drum from the shank of a bolt, chiseled some splines into it for extra drag and tapped it 8-36. Then I used a trijicon AR front sight post with a thin glowy line. I think that's pretty slick.

Later I broke the vial, but that's another story. Now it is painted with hot pink nail polish, until its eventual replacement with another tritium post.

Googling the question would be easy.

Easy answer. Gun stuff is almost always drift from left to right. So get a stout punch of brass or or aluminum.