Long Handguard - Can it be made to fit?

I have a Firebird Precision long handguard with charging handle on the left side.  Its designed for and mounted on a pre-XN MKA 1919.

Can this handguard be modified to fit an XN gun?   Is it something a handy home tinkerer can do or would it require major modification?

If the charging handle is the problem, can just the handguard be mounted without it?

Thanks.

Bill

Edited by Flatland Shooter

No thanks Matt.

What I'm looking at is what to do with my pre-XN parts after I break the bolt or some other unobtainable part.  

A local shooter recently retired his MKA 1919 after he broke the locking block on his gun after a steady diet 1200 fps Winchester AA's. Per his numbers, right around 1000 rds did the trick.

I have a spare pre-XN for parts in the safe (bought from you last year) but unless I cut back on practice and matches, its just a matter of time before I'll need to go to a more modern version.

The high dollar items on my gun are the handguard and the aluminum lower.  The lower should work with both pre-XN and XN guns, maybe even the new Match. version. Right?

I guess I'm hesitating on buying any more magazines or other accessories for fear of my match gun turning into a paperweight.

Bill

A XN bolt can be made to fit a pre-XN, or upgrade the barrel carrier and bolt to XN.

However the Match barrel, bolt, carrier is much different.

Mags all interchange, the new ones have a different follower.

I have a customer who has an XN version for sale I can put you guys in contact if your interested.

How much is he asking matt

PM me your email - I'll let him contact you if he wants to sell.

• Like 1

A XN bolt can be made to fit a pre-XN, or upgrade the barrel carrier and bolt to XN.

I know you offer the XN carrier,  Is the XN bolt assembly and barrel available as individual parts?

Is modifying the bolt to pre-XN configuration a major project or something I can do at home?

I know you offer the XN carrier,  Is the XN bolt assembly and barrel available as individual parts?

Is modifying the bolt to pre-XN configuration a major project or something I can do at home?

Bolts are available, barrels will be soon

The bolt has to be milled to work, I'm sure someone will try an Dremel onenonono.gif

laugh.png

Edited by toothandnail

The bolt has to be milled to work, I'm sure someone will try an Dremel onenonono.gif

laugh.png

That's good news.  With your permission, I'd like to give you a call when I get back in town.

Bill

laugh.png

That's good news.  With your permission, I'd like to give you a call when I get back in town.

Bill

No problem. I always answer - if I'm not already on the phonerolleyes.gif