Yesterday my son and his classmate pre-engineering partner had to do an interview with someone on a device that uses gas or liquid to perform a mechanical function. The device had to consist of at least a cylinder, piston, reservoir, and valve. They were going to interview me on an air compressor, but the assignment required that they disassemble the device. So instead of letting them take my compressor apart, I pulled out my Saiga 12. They both had the biggest shit eating grins on their faces. I explained that it was a self loading gas operated shotgun that met all their device requirements. I stripped it down and detailed every part and action.

• Like 14

Do  a comparo of the long stroke piston against the Stoner direct impingement system and the short stroke gas piston.

You have all 3 right?  :D

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 1

Well, that sure beats letting them take your air compressor apart! Hopefully you allowed them to clean it during reassembly.

Edited by YOT
  • Like 2

I don't think it has a reservoir though. Arguably a plenum in the gas block ahead of the piston.

How did you guys come up with a reservoir? Is the shell storage of gas yet to be released?

• Like 1